Polite behavior to the Deaf?

Just give me a crown and I will be on my best behavior and you can use me for a lab rat.

Ok, I was born HOH and now just a hair from being completely deaf.
In ASL class we were told a simple wave or a tap on the shoulder to get the attention of the deaf person.

Or if need be get the attention of whoever is close and have them to point in your direction if you are a distance away.

Now... If it is in a public place, party, whatever simular... A simple wave, hello, simular would suffice.
If in a crowd, busy environment... You may need to tap my shoulder and the same goes for if you are behind me as I cant see or hear you. BUT....
BUT, if it is a hostel environment... Tapping someone on the shoulder or grabbing their arm may not be a wise choice...so line of sight is the best.

I have noticed a few ignorant people here at the store lately, they are behind me ( saying excuse me ) but I dont hear them and they get all pissy and then when I notice them trying to get by I move and say sorry, but they start mouthing and I want to slap them silly, sometimes if someone is with me they will pull me to the side so whomever can get by and they will say "Sorry, He cant hear" and they will walk on like they dont care. Some of the elderly people will smile and be polite but the youger generations of people need to be slapped because....wait, their parents need to be slapped for not teaching their kids to be polite and respectful of the lesser fortunate.
And yes, I have embarassed a few people in the stores who act ignorant to me, I will be loud and draw attention to the idiot... they tuck their heads and go running for momma.

Ok, I was born HOH and now just a hair from being completely deaf.
In ASL class we were told a simple wave or a tap on the shoulder to get the attention of the deaf person.

Or if need be get the attention of whoever is close and have them to point in your direction if you are a distance away.

Now... If it is in a public place, party, whatever simular... A simple wave, hello, simular would suffice.
If in a crowd, busy environment... You may need to tap my shoulder and the same goes for if you are behind me as I cant see or hear you. BUT....
BUT, if it is a hostel environment... Tapping someone on the shoulder or grabbing their arm may not be a wise choice...so line of sight is the best.

I have noticed a few ignorant people here at the store lately, they are behind me ( saying excuse me ) but I dont hear them and they get all pissy and then when I notice them trying to get by I move and say sorry, but they start mouthing and I want to slap them silly, sometimes if someone is with me they will pull me to the side so whomever can get by and they will say "Sorry, He cant hear" and they will walk on like they dont care. Some of the elderly people will smile and be polite but the youger generations of people need to be slapped because....wait, their parents need to be slapped for not teaching their kids to be polite and respectful of the lesser fortunate.
And yes, I have embarassed a few people in the stores who act ignorant to me, I will be loud and draw attention to the idiot... they tuck their heads and go running for momma.

Why not say....'Don't ya know how to drive?....this is a "one-way aisle"...then hollar for security...and say "these bubble-butts need to be arrested!"

Mike, That's just too damn funny. I like your style.

:cheers:

Oh I am a riot to be around.
My friends love how I can turn anything into a joke... I make fun of myself, basically a practical jokester and all.
I make fun of others at times too, no harm intended, just having fun and making people laugh is all. My old boss said I should have been a stand up commedian.....not a bad thought.

Back