Police Taser 10-Year-Old Girl!

Do your kid acting violently?

Think about this... children don't have the capability to do "violence"... when they act out, they do to get attention to their needs. The trouble at large with this is the lack of communication between them and adults.

Think about this... children don't have the capability to do "violence"... when they act out, they do to get attention to their needs. The trouble at large with this is the lack of communication between them and adults.

She kicked officer with her legs and feet in the groin kind too much and I don't think it is the lack of communication.

She kicked officer with her legs and feet in the groin kind too much and I don't think it is the lack of communication.

My daughter kicked me until I was black and blue, but it was due to night terrors. Once I got arms around her arms and legs around her legs and wrapped her in a BIG bear hug and rocked, she clamed down. This is also the same technique that is suggested for public schools with unruly children. It does work. You may get kicked to begin with, but you learn to move so that vital body parts are somewhat protected.

L90-Groin%20Cup%20Protector.jpg

That young little girl deserved it.

Should have gotten a second shot to make sure she learned something.

She is a CHILD. That should have NEVER happened. There could have been other ways of calming her down.

As some AD'ers says, you don't know what kind of situation the child is in

She is a CHILD. That should have NEVER happened. There could have been other ways of calming her down.

As some AD'ers says, you don't know what kind of situation the child is in

The child was very uncontrollable. So, it was hard to handle her in a such situation. Imagine a child is a fewer shorter than 5'0" feet taller and is ten years old. How do you handle a violently child? My brother is pretty taller that is coming from his dad...

The child was very uncontrollable. So, it was hard to handle her in a such situation. Imagine a child is a fewer shorter than 5'0" feet taller and is ten years old. How do you handle a violently child? My brother is pretty taller that is coming from his dad...

I still disagree with TASERING, shocking a child to me is just so wrong...

Understandable. I don't agree about tasering a child unless I am okay with very good reason. At the least, she is now in local youth shelter for some help. :)

Understandable. I don't agree about tasering a child unless I am okay with very good reason. At the least, she is now in local youth shelter for some help. :)

But you just said it was okay?

:confused:

I'm glad she is getting help

But you just said it was okay?

:confused:

I'm glad she is getting help

No. That is not what I mean. I meant, if it is a reasonable intention then yes, I'm okay with. But if it is not a reason, then no.

1. Overteasering someone for a little thing, that's stupid reason.

2. Teasering someone for being uncontrollable, yes, it is a reason.

I understand you don't agree, that's fine. :)

I still disagree with TASERING, shocking a child to me is just so wrong...

same here. I do not agree with tasering on a CHILD, not ADULT. 10 years old is a real young kid. That is so wrong. Poor kid. No one knows why this kid acted like that way due to many reasons. BUT taser? oh please. There are many methods of handling kids to calm down somehow.

again - when you have dealt with a violent child... come back and then you can criticize all you want.

Hmm... lessee I can count on one hand the number of "violent children I've dealt with... so NOW can I criticize? There are WAYS to deal with violent children, kicking and screaming and punching types of children. There are martial art restraining holds that cause no pain and no damage and prevents a child from hurting you and themselves, it immobilizes them and they spend a lot of energy trying to bust loose... as for their screaming... they'll get hoarse eventually... one just has to outlast the child until they run out of steam and energy (which they eventually do) and then deal with the child appropriately.
I've done this several times without any bad effects.

A child is an open book and a GOOD parent will let the child know at a young age (2 or 3 years old) that THIS or THAT are appropriate (or inappropriate) ways to express frustration, anger and whatever. Letting the child go or giving in even over a period of 3 to 4 months long will set a pattern to where the child will fight to have complete control over a situation that it should NOT have control over in the first place. Children naturally test the boundries and it's up to the parents to set them FIRMLY and decisively without flexibility so that discipline can be maintained in the home. All of that is balanced with love, patience and understanding.

Violent children need help and professional counseling ... NOT DRUGS to help them resolve their problems... I should know I was considered a violent child at that girl's age but with counseling and patience I turned out pretty good. And I was not given any drugs like Ritalin or any other anti-psychotic that children should NOT be administered anyway. :D

Ugh gee whatever happened to cops training in restraining techniques. 10 yrs old a cop could of restrained w/out taser. Sounds like a whimpish cop to me.

Do your kid acting violently?

Behavior disorders in children are more common than you believed to be, if you're a parent then you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. All the naughtiness, throwing temper tantrums, arguing, breaking rules, etc is what most parents will face in their lifetime.

For this 10 years old, her outbursts may be unnecessary to you, but then again, I don't know what disorder she is suffering. I believe this parent of the 10 years old should seek the help of a pediatrician, or a child psychologist. Of course cops aren't psychologists, so they gonna use whatever they want on the child to get the child to calm down. It's ridiculous!

1. Overteasering someone for a little thing, that's stupid reason.

2. Teasering someone for being uncontrollable, yes, it is a reason.

I understand you don't agree, that's fine. :)

Oh.. my... gosh :shock:

Is it okay to taze an attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) child? or an conduct disorder child? or oppositional defiant disorder child? Children who suffer from behavior disorders are at a higher risk for school failure, suicide, and mental health problems and you're saying it's okay to taze a child who's out of control? I'm shocked at your response.

Oh.. my... gosh :shock:

Is it okay to taze an attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) child? or an conduct disorder child? or oppositional defiant disorder child? Children who suffer from behavior disorders are at a higher risk for school failure, suicide, and mental health problems and you're saying it's okay to taze a child who's out of control? I'm shocked at your response.

it doesn't kill and it doesn't cause damage. I think you're associating tazer with death electric chair and electric prod as torture device. It's understandable but it's not the same.

The lack of spanking is the reason why kids are acting out and behaving like spoiled brats.

It's the bleeding heart people who tell parents not to spank their kids and with the stupid laws on the books, parents are ending up in jail for disciplining their children. Kids has more rights than the parents do.

Yiz
I agree.

It has gone from any kind of spanking to no spanking at all.

I think spanking is okay, as long as it's not abused or overdone.

Back