Police Taser 10-Year-Old Girl!

I beg the difference, there was a story about a 14 years old girl in New Mexico who was hit in the head and her hip by a firing taser dart that the police officer had used on her.

There's another story about a 12 years old girl who was jolted by a stun gun with 50,000 volts by a police officer in Miami.

There are many stories out there where children been tazed by police officers.

Police officers do have tasers which emit a 50,000-volt electric shock, would that trigger a heart attack in those children? You bet it would. I think it's so ridiculous to use it on children who are unarmed.

nope. the officer didn't shoot the darts out of tazer. He placed the tazer to his back and pulled the trigger briefly. The tazer has 2 ways to deliver the electricity - thru darts or thru contact. see below -

this is the tazer with DARTS. See the red circle? It's removable.
2hdbri8.jpg

When removed - it looks like this
114305-main_Full.jpg

My grandma would have used a nice, cold glass of water, right onto the kid.... that should cool off your hot head....

(augh .... flashbacks!)

nope. the officer didn't shoot the darts out of tazer. He placed the tazer to his back and pulled the trigger briefly. The tazer has 2 ways to deliver the electricity - thru darts or thru contact. see below -

I don't think that's the picture of a taser dart gun. Do you know the story of this 14 years old girl? She eventually went under surgery after finding out that one of the darts had entered her skull. This had happened in New Mexico.

Here's the picture of the 14 years old girl who was hit by a taser dart that entered her skull
"Warning graphic picture"
http://static.crooksandliars.com/files/uploads/2009/07/14yroldtasered2jpg_05697.jpg

UPDATE!!!

Ozark Police Officer Suspended After Subduing Child With Taser
OZARK, Ark. - An Ozark police officer has been suspended with pay after using a Taser on an unruly ten-year-old girl one week ago, and could face criminal charges.

According to a police report, Officer Dustin Bradshaw was called to the girl's home on November 11 for a domestic disturbance. He reported the girl was acting very violently, even hitting and kicking officers when they tried to move her.

Bradshaw stated in the report that he "decided there was not going to be a peaceful resolution to the issue," and told the girl she was under arrest. After her mother gave officers permission to use their Taser, and the girl continued to resist the officers, Bradshaw gave the girl a light shock to her back. She immediately stopped fighting, and had to be carried out to the officer's patrol car.

On Wednesday, the police department announced Bradshaw would be suspended one week with pay. But Ozark's mayor is still calling for an independent investigation of the matter.

"Apparently the proper policy was followed, but at the same time you still hate to see a ten-year-old Tasered," said Vernon McDaniel. "That's why we must, if at all possible, try to get an outside agency to investigate, to be fair to all parties involved."

McDaniel has asked the FBI or Arkansas State Police to handle the investigation, but a State Police spokesperson said their agency does not handle administrative reviews for other agencies. The FBI also reportedly declined to investigate.

Meanwhile, McDaniel has been talking with the local prosecuting attorney about the situation, and said a criminal complaint may have to be filed before an outside investigation can be held.

"We haven't yet decided whether we want to do that, but we will decide no later than Thursday," he said.

According to Taser's website the devices, which administer a paralyzing shock through two metal pins that pierce the skin, have an increased risk of death or injury when used on a small children. The manufacturer recommends against using the device on children and other at-risk groups of people "unless the situation justifies possible higher risk of death or serious injury."

The young girl was reportedly not injured, and was taken to the Cecil Youth Shelter after she was subdued.

OOOOOOOOOOOOO he's in deep shit!

Cop Tasers 10-Year-Old Girl With Mom's Permission
OZARK, Ark. — A police officer who used a stun gun on an unruly 10-year-old girl after he said her mother gave him permission has been suspended – not for using the Taser but for not having a video camera attached when he used it.

Mayor Vernon McDaniel said officer Dustin Bradshaw was suspended Wednesday for seven days with pay. McDaniel said the suspension is for not following department procedures because he didn't have the camera on.

McDaniel wants Arkansas State Police or the FBI to look into whether the use of the Taser was proper. The girl, who hasn't been identified, wasn't injured and is now at the Western Arkansas Youth Shelter in Cecil.

Police were called to the home Nov. 11 after the girl's mother couldn't get her to take a shower.

Bradshaw's report says the girl was "violently kicking and verbally combative" when Bradshaw tried to take her into custody, and she kicked him in the groin. He said he delivered "a very brief drive stun to her back."

"Her mother told me to tase her if I needed to," Bradshaw wrote.

Kim Brunell, a spokeswoman with the FBI in Little Rock, said her office neither confirms nor denies when it's involved an investigation and declined to comment Wednesday. State police have declined McDaniel's request to investigate.

Police Chief Jim Noggle said Wednesday that Tasers are a safe way to subdue people who are a danger to themselves or others.
Story continues below

"We didn't use the Taser to punish the child – just to bring the child under control so she wouldn't hurt herself or somebody else," Noggle said.

If the officer tried to forcefully put the girl in handcuffs, he could have accidentally broken her arm or leg, Noggle said.

He said a touch of the stun gun – "less than a second" – stopped the girl from being unruly, and she was handcuffed.

"She got up immediately and they put her in the patrol car," McDaniel said.

Noggle said the girl will face disorderly conduct charges as a juvenile in the incident.

The girl's father, Anthony Medlock, told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette that his daughter has emotional problems, but that she didn't have a weapon and shouldn't have been Tasered.

"My daughter does not deserve to be tased and be treated like an animal," said Medlock, who is divorced from the girl's mother and does not have custody.

Steve Tuttle, a spokesman for Taser International, said it's up to individual law enforcement agencies to decide when Taser use is appropriate.

In some cases, a Taser "presents the safer response to resistance compared with the alternatives such as fists, kicks, baton strikes, bean bag guns, chemical agents, or canine response," Tuttle said in a statement.

The police chief, who has been Tasered twice himself during training sessions, said his department has never had to use a stun gun on a child or elderly person before, but that in some instances, that could be necessary to ensure safety.

"We don't want to do things like this," Noggle said. "This is something we have to do. We're required to maintain order and keep the peace."

I don't agree with the seven days suspended with pay. He should be suspended without pay.

updates from my hometown officers got suspended without paying!!

Officer Suspended After Using Taser on 10-Year-Old
Officer Suspended After Using Taser on 10-Year-Old|Channel 7 News

Little Rock - An Ozark police officer who used a Taser on an unruly 10-year-old girl has been suspended - not for using the Taser, but for not having a video camera attached when he used it.

Mayor Vernon McDaniel says officer Dustin Bradshaw was suspended Wednesday for seven days with pay. McDaniel says the suspension is for not following department procedures because he didn't have the camera on.

McDaniel says he wants Arkansas State Police or the FBI (web) to look into whether the use of the Taser was proper. The girl, who hasn't been identified, wasn't hurt and is now at the Western Arkansas Youth Shelter in Cecil.

Police were called to the home Nov. 11 after the girl's mother couldn't get her to take a shower.

Bradshaw's report says the girl was "violently kicking and verbally combative" and that she kicked him in the groin. He said he delivered "a very brief drive stun to her back."

If I came home and found out my wife had given permission for one of my children to be taserred I would sue for divorce and full custody on the grounds she was an unfit mother.

If I came home and found out my wife had given permission for one of my children to be taserred I would sue for divorce and full custody on the grounds she was an unfit mother.

they are divorced but the father does not have a full custody. looks like he will now

they are divorced but the father does not have a full custody. looks like he will now

Not unless, if there's a newspaper or news online to tell about it.

i watch news on tv says FBI would include on case also! That would be good choice

wait to find out on newspaper or online if couple will divorces or not on behalf as officers's actions of duty on their daughter's behavior but im sure their daughter DID kick officer's groin and officer got taser on her but mom dont mind!! And im sure i knew angry dad would not pleasure..BUT officers already suspended without paying PEROID..

it's a logical assumption. a mother allowing police officer to tazer their daughter.... As Berry said - He most likely can win a full custody on the grounds that she was an unfit mother.

Back