police stops father

Just coming from someone who "once upon a time wanted to do fire rescue" and all.... You legally are NOT allowed to let anyone re-enter a building that is on fire. If he would have allowed him to re-enter and he would have died, the family could have sued the departments for boat loads of money. ( Which most people love to do ) It is a tragic event, and I'll definitely keep this family in my thoughts.... However, the police officer was just doing what he is trained and has to do. He was protecting him from having 2 deaths that day. You are to use any and all force excluding deadly to prevent someone from going into a fire for any reason. Again, this is definitely god awful and so sad... :( However, officer was just doing what he is trained to do. He could have got fired and prosecuted for wrongful death had he let him back in. :(

Wirelessly posted

Why didn't the father grabbed the son before he got out in the first place? That's my question.

From what I read in the news, the stepfather and the mother of Riley could not get to his room as they were in the rear of the house where the recreation room was located. They had to fled at the back door of the house. The Stepfather had tried to get into the front door of the house to see if he can save the toddler. So the house was really badly engulfed with much intense flame. There was no way to save the toddler from the flames. He was a goner. I am very sad that they lost the baby. My thought and prayer goes to the family who lost their child. :(

Just coming from someone who "once upon a time wanted to do fire rescue" and all.... You legally are NOT allowed to let anyone re-enter a building that is on fire. If he would have allowed him to re-enter and he would have died, the family could have sued the departments for boat loads of money. ( Which most people love to do ) It is a tragic event, and I'll definitely keep this family in my thoughts.... However, the police officer was just doing what he is trained and has to do. He was protecting him from having 2 deaths that day. You are to use any and all force excluding deadly to prevent someone from going into a fire for any reason. Again, this is definitely god awful and so sad... :( However, officer was just doing what he is trained to do. He could have got fired and prosecuted for wrongful death had he let him back in. :(

This.

The loss is tragic but in the end...would we want to see a mother bury her husband and child? :|

Back