Police Bruality against Deaf

i have learned one thing... If I ever get pulled over again... no matter the situation... I'm gonna hand the police a notebook and they can start writing... I'm not opening my mouth... because of they way I sound I'm often mistaken for being drunk. even my own mom accused me of being drunk one time when I hadn't drank... i guess that was when I started getting the death voice ( i think that is what they call it)

They must have a probable cause to start with. They can't stop you just because you are walking down the street. They must have a reason to stop you.

Like I said. Take the citizen police acadmey class. A real eye opner. One statement by one of the commanding officers is how they can stop you., when they can stop you. How and why they can cuff you.
Misinformation causes problems. Know your enemy, in this cvase the police can be your enemy

No offense, D, but this is one of the things that really pisses me off about this forum. We should be able to express ourselves without having to worry about thumbing through literally thousands of posts to make sure we haven't "reposted." And to request for someone's thread to be locked is rude. This article means a lot to me because I'm personally involved, even though I didn't realize it until I actually sat down and read it. Now I realized that a "friend" was just using me to get information for this article.

:cool2:

Lets cuff D , slap him around and push him down some stairs.

These 1 hr workshops per year for Officers just doesn't cut it. They need a hell of alot more than just 1 hr per year. They all need to spend a few months in a deaf school or a place where deaf people congregate frequently to get a better understanding what it means to be deaf, how we act and think.

Same for any type of disability that all Officers needs to be exposed to on a constant basis before they're allowed out among the general population. Never allow a stupid cop on the street, ever.

Yiz

These 1 hr workshops per year for Officers just doesn't cut it. They need a hell of alot more than just 1 hr per year. They all need to spend a few months in a deaf school or a place where deaf people congregate frequently to get a better understanding what it means to be deaf, how we act and think.

Same for any type of disability that all Officers needs to be exposed to on a constant basis before they're allowed out among the general population. Never allow a stupid cop on the street, ever.

Yiz
did a cop do anything to you>?

Yup. He broke my taillight on purpose after he found out I'm deaf.

Yiz

Now that is a classic. Your cop probably had dope and a gun he could plant on you.

If I run into that sort I roll over right away if there are no witness or camerals around. Itls all K yes sir anything you say sir/ which cheel do you need kissed?

nope. you can have it expunged but the arrest record will still stay with you permanently.... in federal database. Local courts have no jurisdiction over it. all thanks to NCIC (National Crime Information Center).

Remember - even if your record is expunged... you will still have to state your arrest charge in any employment paper.

:ty: You forced me to do some research on this, and you are correct. The system is screwy. I got quite the rap sheet but I don't give a hoot. Yahoo!!

Like I said. Take the citizen police acadmey class. A real eye opner. One statement by one of the commanding officers is how they can stop you., when they can stop you. How and why they can cuff you.
Misinformation causes problems. Know your enemy, in this cvase the police can be your enemy

I'm aware of that. However, I believe they need to be limited in what they can do to the civilians. Like I said, they are not above the law and changes need to be made.

They have too much power and get away with too much these days.

:ty: You forced me to do some research on this, and you are correct. The system is screwy. I got quite the rap sheet but I don't give a hoot. Yahoo!!

Care to share some details on that one? :lol:

Sometimes, I really think we all might just be better off if we got rid of cops and each carried our own gun.

Back