please pray for my dog

Em903

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Sorry I've been a little inactive recently but I've had to help my mom a lot around the house especially with my dog, Nina. We got Nina in 1995, it was supposed to be a birthday gift for my brother but she became more of our family pet. She's especially close to my mom as my mom was sick when we were training her. She's a sheltie terrier mix of some sort and she has all sorts of health problems but we love her regardless. Nina goes in for allergy shots every week, has Cushing's disease, and she also has an extra vertebrae which causes some back issues. Because of this extra vertebrae, she has some bone growths on the last part of her spine. These bone growths are pinching a nerve in her back hind leg so she cannot walk on it.

Mom and I have to cart Nina out on a stretcher we made at home (we live in a 2 story house so, it's quite the work). I'm just asking for prayers to get her better... I can't lose her yet, she still seems so young. I love her dearly and have had her for over half my life! She's my baby girl and I just cannot consider putting her down. It kills me to think about it. I just want my dog better.

Carly

I just got the worst news. I heard my mom upstairs and checked in with her. She said "I'm going to say it" and I knew what she meant. We are going to put Nina down tomorrow. I don't want to I really don't. Part of me knows she's in pain but the other part of me doesn't want to lose my dog, my best friend that I've had for 14 years of my life. My baby. This hurts so god damned much. My heart aches.

This is tearing me up inside and I just feel like I have no one.

after 14 years thats going to be hard, why dont you be with her at her last moments to say good bye, holding on to her paws. I know this sound HARD, but in long run you'd feel better because you took the saying good bye' further. Best wishes, i work with a quite a few people who are animal rescuers and yah its gut wrenching. Be kind to yourself. think of the good life you gave her, in so think of how lucky she was to be with you, that way you will realise you dont have to be guilty and that illness does get in the way. Again, so sorry.

I'm sorry to hear about your dog, it sounds like he is suffering and the age is issue that is difficult to recover. The best thing is that dog will always be part of your heart and memory. I do understand the feeling of difficult, and I do hope that you can make a decision on what is best for your dog. I've had the pets put down before and it is no fun to go through it. Some owners put request to bury their own pet in a pet grave.

I will put you in my thoughts and prayers and hang in there and you can come to us anytime when you need any of us ADers for support. :)

aww i am so sorry. 14 years is a real wonderful numbers for your dog. she had a goooood life with all of you. :(

all I can do is :hug:

I think all of us here know what it means to loose a beloved pet! If you feel like venting, this is the right place to come to... ;)

JL

Remember this Nita is not gone. She's just gone beyond and waiting for you to reunite with her later on.

It will get easier with time. I know it is hard. She's your baby girl.

We wouldn't want our babies to be in pain.

Grummer said it best. Hug and cuddle Nita.

Hang in there, girl. :hug:

I am very sorry for your pain.

Grummer had a good suggestion about going with her. I have done this when I had to have our 16 year old Lhasa Apso put to sleep.

It didn't hurt her and the vet had to let me know she was dead as I did not realize it.

I am sorry about your dog.

I just got the worst news. I heard my mom upstairs and checked in with her. She said "I'm going to say it" and I knew what she meant. We are going to put Nina down tomorrow. I don't want to I really don't. Part of me knows she's in pain but the other part of me doesn't want to lose my dog, my best friend that I've had for 14 years of my life. My baby. This hurts so god damned much. My heart aches.

This is tearing me up inside and I just feel like I have no one.

I am so sorry to hear about this. If you can you should try to be with your friend tomorrow , it will mean a lot to her .

It's very sad!....Almost like losing one of ur family.

Pls. don't forsake ur dog! Be with her/him when the Vet puts her down. Don't make the dog go "alone"....It's hard to to, I've had to put down 5 of my dogs due to old age and painfil ailments.

Wait a while, grieve over ur pet....then consider getting another dog! I did.

she's gone

I went with her today with my mom and was there when the vet did the thing. I feel like I lost a sibling, God knows my parents called me Nina enough to be considered one of the kids. I'm having a really hard time. I'm trying really hard not to hate God at the moment. It seems like everything I ever prayed for within these past 3 months has died or gone away. She was my dog, my family. She was by my side while I was sick with mono for months.

I feel horribly empty inside.

RIP Nina March 1995-May 2009
My puppy, radar dish ears dog, my goober, my baby.

Sorry to hear. Exact thing happened to my dog on his front right leg. Have tumor swell so couldn't walk anymore.

Worst thing he died before my birthday.

We pray for your Nina to go heaven and watch you.
GT-PrayingAngel_PilledupPupils.gif

i am sorry about your dog, Nina HUGS
i am sure Nina had great life with you and your family hold on the great memories of her in your heart ok. hugs again

i know what is like to lose pet like a family member as i lost my cat back in 1995 he was 17 years old he did had great life. i had great memories of him.

oh sweetie!!! I am so sorry!!! I know the pain is intense right now-- allow yourself to mourn... but keep the good times in mind...

I know it's hard-- really hard. I went thru this in Decemeber-- had Chrissy 11 years when she left for the rainbow bridge... waiting on you to join her when the time is right...

A friend sent me this when I lost Chrissy-- and even now it makes me tear up... read it when you're ready-- maybe it will help you too. BIG HUGS!!!!!!!

My tired body was showing it's wear,
As I slowly hobbled up the stairs.
Under my rump your hand you'd place
Climbing the stairs with a little more grace.
No more days of jumping on your bed
The floor brought more comfort to me instead.
Even though my mind still keen
Better times this furry body had seen.
Gone were the days of youthful mobility
Replaced instead with waning dignity.
From you my distress I could not hide
A witness to my diminishing pride.
The gloom was there; we both could tell
Within our sight was the bridge of farewell.
With cloudy eyes I gave you my plea
Muster the courage, would you do this for me?
This body now aching for my spirit to be freed
Be not burdened with guilt for this kind deed.
Although the time has come, say not goodbye
For my spirit will soar back down from the sky.
From there like a magnet it will come along
To dwell where my body once made its home.
Although my body must leave, say not goodbye
For my spirit in this home will remain alive.
And as long as you shall think me there
My spirit and you shall remain ever near.

~Adapted from a poem by Judy Schulte~

. . . I'm trying really hard not to hate God at the moment. It seems like everything I ever prayed for within these past 3 months has died or gone away . . .

Is there a bona fide reason God has to be blamed for everything?? Everything and everyone in life dies, has nothing to do with God, as this is the appointed time for that person, animal or plant to expire.

:hug:

:hug:

I lost my dog a month ago.

I know of the heartbreak.

Dog IS part of the family!

try get this book, "Goodbye, Freind" by Gary Kowalski

its really good

Back