Plants VS Zombies

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Reaction score
Anyone ever play this game?

It's another tower defense video game. What are tower defense video games? The concept is that you build "towers" to help defend your "base". Different towers have different purposes. Some attack. Some defend. Some do both. Sometimes, they're upgradable (depends on the game). You can earn experience, money, power, etc.

In this case, it's Plants VS Zombies... where you're the person trying to plant different kinds of plants to defend your home from a variety of zombies that try to get to your home.

The plants you get can be "bought" using sunlight (points). During the game, sunlight will drop down or come from plants (or mushrooms). Clicking on them gives you points. Points can be used to build more plants. As the game progresses, you can add more different flowers to your "armory".

Sometimes, you can collect silver, gold, and diamonds to add to your cash bag... which in turn can be used to buy some plants to add to your armory.

Some plants shoot towards zombies. Some plants explode or jump on zombies. Some defend against zombies.

Some zombies are just plain slow. Some can run. Some have armor (football uniform, newspaper, bucket on head, screen door, etc). Some will use bobsleds to enter quickly. Some swim.

The possibilities are endless.

Can you defend your home from the zombies?

Plants vs Zombies™ Official Site - PopCap Games - Free Download Games

Plants vs. Zombies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have it on iPod Touch. It was totally addict. Really fun and you can make lot of way to win on the challenge listing to earn badge.

I have it on iPod Touch. It was totally addict. Really fun and you can make lot of way to win on the challenge listing to earn badge.
Yeah. I've played the online version. It only allows you to use 8 plants. The rest are unlocked if you download the full version.

I did play a bit on the iPad when I visited the local Apple store. I also played it a bit on the iPhone 4 when I visited the local AT&T store.

They also sell the game at Walmart. They even have a collector's edition at Walmart that comes with a zombie figurine. :)

I have this game on my puter and ipod touch. Very very addicting.
There's also a DS version coming soon :D

Some codes
-type "mustache"
-type "future"
-type "tricked out"
There's more but you have to have your tree of wisdom a certain height.

I have this game on my puter and ipod touch. Very very addicting.
There's also a DS version coming soon :D

Some codes
-type "mustache"
-type "future"
-type "tricked out"
There's more but you have to have your tree of wisdom a certain height.
I read about those codes.

Are those computer-only codes or can they be done on other consoles?

They just released Plants VS Zombies for the Xbox 360. ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if it came out next for the Wii. :)

Well, I've beaten Plants vs Zombies on the iPhone! :)

Whew... some levels were difficult!

Now, I'm playing randomly to earn enough money to buy more stuff before I play through Adventure Mode again to unlock the Yeti Zombie. :)

Yeti Zombie isn't easy, it took a while to look for in during night time with thunderstorm. Oh boy

And the most difficult is, giant zombie that you need to beat with two giant zombies with single corn cannon (very expensive)

Wirelessly posted (VamPyroX Mobile)

PowerON said:
Yeti Zombie isn't easy, it took a while to look for in during night time with thunderstorm. Oh boy

And the most difficult is, giant zombie that you need to beat with two giant zombies with single corn cannon (very expensive)

Yeah. I'm sure the Yeti Zombie is hard. I'll worry about it when I get there. :)

I'm playing through some levels and earning some achievements/money. Recently, I earned achievements for playing the roof level without lobbing plants and a daytime level without using peashooters. :)

Some are quite difficult... playing a daytime level with only mushrooms... a pool level without water plants... etc. :)

Right now, I'm at $7,000. Waiting for $20,000 so I can get 9 slots. :)

sunflower on night is hard, it took so forever to collect the sunbeam. omfg!

Must be hard for you then.

I always thinking of best defense all time then attack later.
That's what I do.

The cheapest defense is the potato mine... 25 sun. I plant it as soon as the first zombie appears (on the far left). The next cheapest defense is the wall-nut... 50 sun. Usually, the potato mine becomes available again in time to use on the second incoming zombie.

By then, you should have 4 to 5 sunflowers planted.

Here are the achievements I've completed so far...

- Home Lawn Security
- Spudow!
- Don't Pea in the Pool
- Roll Some Heads
- Grounded
- Penny Pincher

Most of these were achieved with just starfruit and garlic. Since starfruit can shoot in 5 directions, having them in groups make them even better. Since garlic redirects zombies to different lanes, I can cut the available lanes in half. With starfruit lined behind garlic, no one touches my garlic. (Of course, this only works best on levels with zombies that are affected by garlic.)

These are what I have left:

- Explodonator
- Morticulturalist
- Zombologist
- Sunny Days
- Popcorn Party
- Good Morning
- No Fungus Among Us

Here are the achievements I've completed so far...

- Home Lawn Security
- Spudow!
- Don't Pea in the Pool
- Roll Some Heads
- Grounded
- Penny Pincher

Most of these were achieved with just starfruit and garlic. Since starfruit can shoot in 5 directions, having them in groups make them even better. Since garlic redirects zombies to different lanes, I can cut the available lanes in half. With starfruit lined behind garlic, no one touches my garlic. (Of course, this only works best on levels with zombies that are affected by garlic.)

These are what I have left:

- Explodonator
- Morticulturalist
- Zombologist
- Sunny Days
- Popcorn Party
- Good Morning
- No Fungus Among Us

I did same thing for garlic.

That's old version. You need upgrade it thru App store. It's free for upgrade.

Mine version 1.3 ver.

Here a list of achievements that I have completed them.

Home lawn securtiy
Spudow
Explodonator
Morticulturalist
Don't pea in the pool
Roll some heads
Grounded
Zombologist
Penny Pincher
Sunny Days
Popcorn Party
Good morning
No Fungus Among Us
Last Mown Standing
20 Below Zero
Flower Power
Pyromaniac
Lawn Mower Man
Defcorn 5
Monster Mash
Blind Faith
Pool's closed
Melon-Y lane
Second Life

Last achievement left.

Chill Out

I still can't figure it out how hell to to get a Chill Out.

It's said "Feel the rhythm, feel the rhythm, you've one level to destroy 3 bobsleds, It's jalapeno time!" I tried use jalapno, doom-shroom with coffe bean, and cherry bomb to killed 3 bobsleds and I still don't get achievement.

My friend told me she got it. I said how you do that? She said just wait till something hear then use jalapno at right time. I just like oh crap, I can't hear very well.

I did same thing for garlic.

That's old version. You need upgrade it thru App store. It's free for upgrade.

Mine version 1.3 ver.

Here a list of achievements that I have completed them.

Home lawn securtiy
Spudow
Explodonator
Morticulturalist
Don't pea in the pool
Roll some heads
Grounded
Zombologist
Penny Pincher
Sunny Days
Popcorn Party
Good morning
No Fungus Among Us
Last Mown Standing
20 Below Zero
Flower Power
Pyromaniac
Lawn Mower Man
Defcorn 5
Monster Mash
Blind Faith
Pool's closed
Melon-Y lane
Second Life

Last achievement left.

Chill Out

I still can't figure it out how hell to to get a Chill Out.

It's said "Feel the rhythm, feel the rhythm, you've one level to destroy 3 bobsleds, It's jalapeno time!" I tried use jalapno, doom-shroom with coffe bean, and cherry bomb to killed 3 bobsleds and I still don't get achievement.

My friend told me she got it. I said how you do that? She said just wait till something hear then use jalapno at right time. I just like oh crap, I can't hear very well.
There's an upgrade? I just got the game a couple weeks ago. I'll have to check the version when I get then chance and see what's up.

It sounds like you have to use only jalapeno to destroy the bobsleds.

There's also timing. What if you picked the jalapeno and clicked the spot just as the bobsled got destroyed by something else?

There's an upgrade? I just got the game a couple weeks ago. I'll have to check the version when I get then chance and see what's up.

It sounds like you have to use only jalapeno to destroy the bobsleds.

There's also timing. What if you picked the jalapeno and clicked the spot just as the bobsled got destroyed by something else?

So weird. I think I got it around 6 months ago then I always check App store thru iOS for upgrade to keeps stable so after upgrade P vs Z in few months ago and I noticed there is add more achievements BUT PopCap replace michaels jackson Zombie with "Dancing Zombie." I believe Jacksons family complained about michaels jackson Zombie as insulted about this death in real life.

The Escapist : News : Michael Jackson's Plants vs. Zombies Replacement Found

Yes, I tried jalapno like 10 times and no luck. I gave up and I will try it again. Right now I am enjoy to play angry birds. You should like it.

So weird. I think I got it around 6 months ago then I always check App store thru iOS for upgrade to keeps stable so after upgrade P vs Z in few months ago and I noticed there is add more achievements BUT PopCap replace michaels jackson Zombie with "Dancing Zombie." I believe Jacksons family complained about michaels jackson Zombie as insulted about this death in real life.

The Escapist : News : Michael Jackson's Plants vs. Zombies Replacement Found

Yes, I tried jalapno like 10 times and no luck. I gave up and I will try it again. Right now I am enjoy to play angry birds. You should like it.
Never mind. You're right... I forgot about it.

I didn't have the iPhone with me when I was trying to make the list of achievements. So, I looked online. I guess the site I visited was outdated. When I played the game last night, I noticed I left out a lot more.

I've actually gotten a lot more achievements than I listed. :)

I'll list them later.

Yeah, I read about the Thriller Zombie last night while I was browsing the web for more information on the game. One website had "Thriller Zombie" listed as one of the zombies, but not "Disco Zombie". At first, I thought that person was joking... until someone else mentioned something similar to the link you posted.

Now, I wish I played the game when Thriller Zombie was in it... ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXkGFtLuumU]YouTube - Plants vs. Zombies - Michael Jackson - Thriller Zombie[/ame]

Back