Plans on Christmas Day?

champagne, pancakes, ham on bone, watch a movie or 2, and then go to bed

You mean you are not going to open the presents? :hmm:

EDIT: I mean after midnight on Christmas eve or in the morning.

have a few small gifts, its just another day to me, but id compensate by having nice foods for the day so im not jealous.lol..

I guess you haven't changed much. :lol:

It sure does look that way, doesn't it? Anyways, I am giving a skillet my parents got me for my recent birthday a test run, and I am frying french fries to see how that'll turn out. I have my laptop not far from the skillet, so I can keep an eye on the fries. I shall keep everyone informed.

The White Elephant Game with my family on Christmas Eve, then Monopoly with my wife's family on Christmas Day. We also celebrate Christmas as being Jesus' birthday.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYm7AZUPKVM]Weezer - The First Noel With Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

I will be working Christmas Eve but still have to squeeze in going over to a friends house for dinner. Christmas day I'm doing Christmas morning with the parents and then going home to get some rest! This whole season has me ready for a good night rest! It's supposed to be cold Christmas day, so maybe I'll get to use this fire place I loved so much when I first moved in.... Haven't used it in forever... :shock:

Frisky got run over by a reindeer
Walking home from Calvin's Christmas eve.
You can say there's no such thing as Santa,
But as for me and Reba, we believe.

She'd been drinking too much Wild Turkey,
And ambrosia begged her not to go.
But she forgot her Jagermeister,
And she staggered out the door into the snow.

Open presents with my youngest daughter & cats. Church. Then when my one sister gets here, we'll go to my oldest sister's farm since she'll otherwise be alone tomorrow. Another sister lives with her but is working tomorrow & they only have one car.
Before dinner was rescheduled (see other thread), my youngest daughter was going to go pick her up and bring her here for dinner.

:bump: any plans you guys have?

After working long hours, most likely will stay home, at least my niece is home from College for winter break.

This will be the first Christmas I don't have a kid home with me. But I'll probably still get up around 5 - my normal wake up time anyway. I'll go to Mass later in the morning and then I'll be going to my daughter's for Christmas dinner

We're seeing my husband sister and her family this weekend for an overall holiday thing <he hates organized religion and isn't involved at all with religion, though he was raised Catholic>. I'm Jewish. So next week nothing's happening for us.

On the Christmas day we're actually going to take the dog to another water therapy appointment - the therapist has some time in the morning.
We're trying to do it twice a week.

To my younger daughter's house for Christmas dinner, with relatives from both sides.

We aren't leaving town for long periods at all this year because of our young kitten.

Then on January 4th, she gets spayed, so this year , I'm mostly worrying and hoping my cat will be ok.

I sure understand how it is planning around furry family members. We're only going to stay a while at my husband's sister place because of the dog who just had surgery. The time we spend with them has little to do with any religion or dogma and pretty much just spending time in a secular way with some family:)

It's hard to watch your pet go off and have a procedure. We purposely waited til my youngest was about 2 years old before she was spayed because there are health risks in some breeds and some lines of dogs, if if they're spayed in babyhood or before a certain age. We wanted to wait til she was about 6 years old actually to spay her but she started having irregular seasons<that could have meant other, more acute issues> so we had to do it when we did. Going forward with the next puppy we will likely do an ovary-sparing spay instead <uterus is taken only>.
Kittens and puppies are so resilient, though!

anyway, tonight we will be getting ready for tomorrow's gathering.
we always brings drinks for everyone <various types of soda and bottled tea; I have my own drink this time because of my bladder inflammation I'm very food restricted - nothing acidic, which includes only herbal tea; I never liked soda>

Christmas Eve with my family, Christmas Day with my husband's family. It's the same every year, I like how that always works out. I refused to host Christmas at my house this year after having 20 people for Thanksgiving !! :)

[QUOTE=dogmom;2455416

It's hard to watch your pet go off and have a procedure. We purposely waited til my youngest was about 2 years old before she was spayed because there are health risks in some breeds and some lines of dogs, if if they're spayed in babyhood or before a certain age. We wanted to wait til she was about 6 years old actually to spay her but she started having irregular seasons<that could have meant other, more acute issues> so we had to do it when we did. Going forward with the next puppy we will likely do an ovary-sparing spay instead <uterus is taken only>.
Kittens and puppies are so resilient

The downside of ovary sparing not good get tumours and not know plus blood surply diminished to ovary.at least that what say about humans and dogs mammals .
How often is dog in season...my mate dog just given birth to 12 pups and never known she pregnant did not get bigger.2 pups died mother sat on them
I got little patience they American pits banned dog how she going home them I don't know.
I to have secular christmas

Not really into the Spirit yet....but plans are for my older son's home and dinner. We all live on opposite sides of town, so it's hard to get us all together with them having their own families and girlfriends....

In my breed, the Rottie, risk of bone cancer and other things related to health issues from spaying early or general spaying - is greater than risk of mammary tumors. More and more research is leading us to learn about the healthy risks of spaying that may develop later due to lack of hormones that also affect other functions.

Back