Plane landing next to beach

That's kinda scary if you don't know that the landing field is right behind you :giggle:

The noise would be another problem 'cause 747 isn't a small plane either...

JamieLynn

PS. How do I post a video?

Mod note:

Thread's merged.

That's kinda scary if you don't know that the landing field is right behind you :giggle:

The noise would be another problem 'cause 747 isn't a small plane either...

JamieLynn

PS. How do I post a video?

if it's youtube video... simply copy the URL and just paste it here and submit it. AD will automatically recognize it as youtube link. :cool2:

Thanks to Calvin and Jiro :D

Do I need to open a new thread for that since it is also plane/beach related? :hmm:

JL

No, if it's related to this thread, post it here. :)

I had been St. Maarten island last several years ago. Yes, I was scared to see some airlines to very close to beach before arriving. I felt to hear from them very loud.

:ty: Alright... just in case it was already posted feel free to remove / move it ;)

I got this from a friend...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp81QyrmfA8]YouTube - Incredible plane landing on sea caught on camera![/ame]

it's for a dutch commercial :D

JamieLynn

I doubt they'd make a real plane crash into the sea for a commercial though ;)

JamieLynn

What a landing on the water! :eek3:

There's a couple more of those videos on youtube that I watched last night just out of curiosity ;) That looks pretty scary... I doubt it would be very comfortable lying on that part of the beach with all those boeings flying above your head...

JamieLynn

No way, the modern airplanes can't be landing by themselves. Only the pilots can do it. :cool: If I'm wrong, please, I'd like to see the link, by then.

your wrong... many aircraft today have "autoland" systems they'll set them selves up.. follow beacons / glidescope and land themselves and soon as weight is on wheels will go into thrush revrse setting.. pilot is there to "montior" the system and over ride it in case they can't see runway at say "decesion height which varys due to conditions"

No way, the modern airplanes can't be landing by themselves. Only the pilots can do it. :cool: If I'm wrong, please, I'd like to see the link, by then.
sorry to say but SecretBlend is right.

your wrong... many aircraft today have "autoland" systems they'll set them selves up.. follow beacons / glidescope and land themselves and soon as weight is on wheels will go into thrush revrse setting.. pilot is there to "montior" the system and over ride it in case they can't see runway at say "decesion height which varys due to conditions"
yes but to be more accurate - the plane must be equipped with ILS (Instrument Landing System) and it must have the mapping info of airports. If there's no map of airport in the system - the plane cannot land automatically. btw - the wheels do not go into reverse... but the engines do.

ILS = google it

This reminds me of a video I saw where a car got blown away from an airplane taking off. ;)

Back