Phonak Naida V UP

when I tried the V UP 2 years ago, I wasn't happy with it.. But then, they were still fresh out on the market and my old audie had NO experience at all with them then. But now, with a different audiologist, I've got the IX and I've been happy with it. I explained the problems I experienced from trialing the V, and she took them into consideration and fitted the IX for me, and I haven't had issues with it. Audie also has a husband who wears Naidas so she's somewhat experienced, and she will willingly and happily call a Phonak rep for help too.

Which Naida?

Hey,

I have a severe hearing loss in my right ear and a profound loss in my left ear. I currently use the Widex P38 in both ears-my first pair of digital aids after using analogs.

I took the Naida V on trial today. Is there any feedback from you guys on which model within the Naida series works better for you? Are more channels better or less in terms of finding that "golden spot" when programming the aids? (Especially those who grew up using analog aids, as I did).

Thanks!

I was looking for reviews for the Naida sv and came across your site. I noticed that many people are writing about utilizing the FM system and just wanted to give you another (and in my opinion) better option. I have a profound loss ( 90+ dB). Instead of an FM system, I purchased a TECT super cardioid (UEM-88) miniature shotgun microphone (about 9” in length). Using a boot, I connect it directly to my hearing-aid. I found it in one of those spy magazines (“hear someone speaking 100’ away). I figured that if it was designed for that, then perhaps I can hear someone from across the room.

I can hear at meetings and at training classes – even from the person at the far side of the room. In fact, instead of hunching over to struggle to hear, I sit back and just discreetly point the microphone in the direction of the person speaking. It is small enough that it is not a distraction. It is far better than any FM system I ever used.

Back