Person Below Me

I make my bed after getting up and have fresh sheets weekly.

TPBM: Electric blanket or just use comforter?

Damn phone misspelled that, good answer though...

Comforter on top of linen layers, I get hot easily. ;)

TPBM Bed height - standard or higher?

Damn phone misspelled that, good answer though...

Comforter on top of linen layers, I get hot easily. ;)

TPBM Bed height - standard or higher?

Either works for me since I am tall.. ;)

TPBM: Ever try sleeping on waterbed?

Let me tell you this, great to romp around in, but no better way to wreck your back long term! :lol:

TPBM Firm or soft mattress?

True... not for those with back issues :lol:

Firm is better... soft doesn't seem to last long than firm ones.

TPBM: Ever sleep on air mattress?

True... not for those with back issues :lol:

Firm is better... soft doesn't seem to last long than firm ones.

TPBM: Ever sleep on air mattress?

Not yet. :lol: Do military cots count?

TPBM Ever slept outdoors (no tents)?

Not yet. :lol: Do military cots count?

TPBM Ever slept outdoors (no tents)?

It counts.

Yes, used blanket on ground and slept in the sleeping bag.

TPBM: Ever encounter snakes, bear or wildlife in campsite?

It counts.

Yes, used blanket on ground and slept in the sleeping bag.

TPBM: Ever encounter snakes, bear or wildlife in campsite?

Bears, deer, mountain lions, alligators all from a distance, never close. Damn ducks are the exception! :lol:

They are flying? That’s a long flight .....

TPBM, strip clubs or private?

Private is nice, more like minded people.

TPBM Bathed in a lake? (Hose down answers accepted!)

Those in NC run along rocks, nothing like the tropics. I guess yeah, felt like water boarding!

TPBM Ever crashed another camp and made it a party?

Not really crashed another camp. One summer, my family went to camping and we have our tents and tables set up. One large sick tree fell down narrowing hitting the table and tents. It almost crashed our camp, thankfully the tree missed us.... we had to get Ranger to come down and cut those tree up and clean it up.

TPBM: Ever had any campsite disasters or near disaster?

Not really crashed another camp. One summer, my family went to camping and we have our tents and tables set up. One large sick tree fell down narrowing hitting the table and tents. It almost crashed our camp, thankfully the tree missed us.... we had to get Ranger to come down and cut those tree up and clean it up.

TPBM: Ever had any campsite disasters or near disaster?

No, but a close encounter with a bear. It was about 50 yards away, waited to see what it will do then it ran off along the creek bank. We moved to another site, that is just too risky!

TPBM What did you use for a campsite loo?

No, but a close encounter with a bear. It was about 50 yards away, waited to see what it will do then it ran off along the creek bank. We moved to another site, that is just too risky!

TPBM What did you use for a campsite loo?

Used to go down to the tree and take a dump if no toilet nearby. We had to bring roll of toilet paper and bury it with dirt.

TPBM: Any favorite campsite?

Used to go down to the tree and take a dump if no toilet nearby. We had to bring roll of toilet paper and bury it with dirt.

TPBM: Any favorite campsite?

We did the Bush thing hiking, or at a settled campsite, my dad brought this 5 gallon bucket with a toilet seat that attaches to it. More convenient because us girls run the risk of a mosquito bite on the butt!

I love the Blue Ridge mountain range just off Asheville. It’s very colorful during the fall, my preferred time to go. :)

TPBM Do you cook or settle on non perishable food?

We did the Bush thing hiking, or at a settled campsite, my dad brought this 5 gallon bucket with a toilet seat that attaches to it. More convenient because us girls run the risk of a mosquito bite on the butt!

I love the Blue Ridge mountain range just off Asheville. It’s very colorful during the fall, my preferred time to go. :)

TPBM Do you cook or settle on non perishable food?

Better to have something than nothing. :)

Can be both if we have cooking supplies and propane.

TPBM: Do you like looking up at the stars at night?

Yes, especially at a firepit. Great conversation everytime!

TPBM How do you start your fire pit?

Yes, especially at a firepit. Great conversation everytime!

TPBM How do you start your fire pit?

Using matches, with sticks stacked around and using dead leaves as fuel.

TPBM: Same question out of curiosity if there are different ways. :)

Using matches, with sticks stacked around and using dead leaves as fuel.

TPBM: Same question out of curiosity if there are different ways. :)

Leaves, really? Hmm. We used the same setup, except half in a tepee arrangement. Then put half of a piece of fake wood (the kind sold in Lowe’s, Home Depot etc) on top of dead brush. Just not close to a tree, that thing will be a bonfire to begin with. :lol:

TPBM Fave camping snack? Beverage?

Leaves, really? Hmm. We used the same setup, except half in a tepee arrangement. Then put half of a piece of fake wood (the kind sold in Lowe’s, Home Depot etc) on top of dead brush. Just not close to a tree, that thing will be a bonfire to begin with. :lol:

TPBM Fave camping snack? Beverage?

Sounds like a plan to have a bonfire... make it big one.. :D

Definitely smores :razz: Beer or Wine to relax the night with... JD&Coke can count.

TPBM: Besides camping... do you like going to caverns?

Back