Permanment or temporary?

I thought I was gonna be temp, but its looking perm. Wait! not hair perm!! LOL!

anyways- I agree with vamprox statement. For those who are here for quite awhile I also have respect for. It doesnt matter if I like em or not ;)

All I can say is for the familar usernames I see here, I am getting the itch to wanting to know them in person but facebook/google+ is the closest thing I have to that. :aw:

I think I might be permanent. I've learned a lot here and have read stories that I can relate to and make me think back.
I still have much to learn and since I'm not active in the community yet, this is the place I can run to when I have a migraine from meetings all day at work.
I am slowly making some friends here and a few I wouldn't mind chatting with or meeting in real life.
I may not post a lot but I'm always reading something here.

Probably, I will remain to be here as long as I find the right topic that really interest me and try to explain about deafness and Deaf Culture. Most of the time I want to explain about the deaf perspective to hearing parents or any hearing person who does not understand deafness and why we need to use ASL and not have to worry about hearing the sounds. It is sad that many other hearing people don't get it.

Beside, I will remain to be here permanently until I am too old to be on the computer. :dunno:

AllDeaf has gone through a lot of phases depending on the members who are active.

Here are some of the phases that we have gone through...

- high school seniors and college freshmen trying to be "cool" with a bunch of "PWN3D!" crap
- deaf mothers
- hearing interpreters
- video gamers
- hearing mothers with deaf babies
- CODA
- GLBT

A bunch of one group will come swarming in, the focus is on those for a while... then they fade away. A few will stay with us.

Then a bunch of another group will come swarming in, and so on and on...

Those who stay are the ones I usually have more respect for.

For instance, a bunch of video gamers come in here. The one topic that's discussed the most is video games. After a while, a lot of those members get bored since there's already a lot of non-gamers here. So, they leave. Yet, a few stay behind because they don't think "video games ONLY!" and interact with the rest of us.

Those are the ones that many of us get along with. :)

Which phase would you say we are in now??

I feel like AD is in a state of flux where right now we have a mix of everything - of course with the main focus of deafness and deaf culture and interaction of deaf members across the globe.

Oh let's not forget the drama phases. :giggle:

I don't know about permanent...

I'm a little afraid of making a commitment.

Which phase would you say we are in now??

I feel like AD is in a state of flux where right now we have a mix of everything - of course with the main focus of deafness and deaf culture and interaction of deaf members across the globe.

Oh let's not forget the drama phases. :giggle:
We don't always know what phase it is until it's passed.

Some people don't know what's there until it's gone when they realize what's missing. ;)

Probably, I will remain to be here as long as I find the right topic that really interest me and try to explain about deafness and Deaf Culture. Most of the time I want to explain about the deaf perspective to hearing parents or any hearing person who does not understand deafness and why we need to use ASL and not have to worry about hearing the sounds. It is sad that many other hearing people don't get it.

Beside, I will remain to be here permanently until I am too old to be on the computer. :dunno:

I'm a year older than you (I think) Bebong....so we can't let those "young whippersnappers" have all the fun!....No one is "too old" to be on the computer, our brain never stops running and learning. We have a lot of information stored away...and it's freely given, advise too, along the way....

I'm a year older than you (I think) Bebong....so we can't let those "young whippersnappers" have all the fun!....No one is "too old" to be on the computer, our brain never stops running and learning. We have a lot of information stored away...and it's freely given, advise too, along the way....

Dat's right, Robin!! We ain't gone the way of the dodo just yet!!! :lol:

Being one of the young whippersnappers, I always look forward to your posts for advice.
As my dad says " you're never too old, unless you're in the ground. "

What rockin'robin and Bebonang said.

As long as I can find something that is useful or interesting to read, I will be here. And by useful or interesting, I don't just mean things that are in agreement with how I currently feel/think, but also things that will challenge me and help me to understand another point of view.

I will probably still lurk more than post, but that's just me.

I'm not sure. I've been on POF for five years and people usually leave there because it is a dating site. Here the site isn't just dating, however, I'm surprised there are not a lot more people who post their picture as their avatar. Perhaps that is the reason people leave because on other sites you identify the people with the pictures such as facebook or POF, etc.

Every site has turnover, even Facebook.

I'm here, and I will remain here as long as I am able. If I do ever leave, I hope someone here misses me. :(

I don't know. I just signed up last month. But this place is such a relief to find, I can't imagine walking away from here.

(Regarding SEE, my HI program refused to teach me sign when I was growing up, but told my parents that if they would teach any sign at all, it would be SEE. As it happened, they didn't teach any sign.)

My grandpa was temporary until 96 so I think that I have a few good years left in me.

I drop in from time to time. There aren't really threads I care about very often. I'll probably continue dropping in for a few years.

I joined in 2005, but I think it was "temporary" then. I didn't really become active until about 2009. As for from here on out, who knows? Every day is an adventure! :)

Back