Permanment or temporary?

I've been a member of AD since early 2005, but didn't become active after a year. Ever since then, as I am aware, I would be here for 5 years (along with shel90) in November. :)
Definitely in for the long hual :D

I like it here but often feel the US-centricity excludes people from other countries so am happy popping when I get time but it is not something I do every day. I expect to still be here in five years. :)

I like to think I'll be here permanently but I only frequent maybe 1-3 times a week and rarely post unless it's something I'm interested in

I like it here but often feel the US-centricity excludes people from other countries so am happy popping when I get time but it is not something I do every day. I expect to still be here in five years. :)

Maybe some region or country-specific sub-forums could be added?

Active, semi-inactive, active, semi-inactive, and go on.

I will say, probably, it is somewhat permanent for me. I don't post so many comments on any thread, but I am sure I will be more active again someday. :)

Life is so temporary. Maybe the forum will live on beyond us all. :)

Wirelessly posted

Bottesini said:
Life is so temporary. Maybe the forum will live on beyond us all. :)

Exactly :lol: you crack me up

Permanment or temporary.....?

Jobs? Deafness? ASL User? In a relationship? or......?

Nope, none of these..

Someone created a thread about ADers who no longer posted and asked us who do we wonder about.

Now, I am wondering....

Do you see yourself here on AD on a temporary basis or on a permanment basis. Or do not know?

If someone asked me that 5 years ago, I probably would have said temporarily but here I am 5 years later and still actively posting. I feel that I am here for life.

What about you? :)

We arrived at about the same time, Shel, and it looks like I'll be around for life.:lol:

I am hoping for a long haul but if certain several people leave, I might leave.

Since finishing grad school and starting a new life in DC, I've been on less and less. I'll probably always be around a little bit, but I'm definitely not on as much as I used to be.

When I first joined AD, there was a different kind of audism so I guess it will always come in many different forms with different people.

meeting the ADers in real life is what keeps me coming back here.

I wish I could tell you the story about TheWriteAlex but I need his permission first. GRR!

You have my permission.

Just don't tell them about the donkey incident . . . ::ugh:

I have had times of not being able to be on and really missing it, so I say I will be here for as long as I can. If I find a topic too much for me, I read, but don't participate. I have learned too much here to just blow it off. I hope that the knowledge I have learned through my journey and that I have shared will help some others, but, if not, at least I tried.

Probably, I will remain to be here as long as I find the right topic that really interest me and try to explain about deafness and Deaf Culture. Most of the time I want to explain about the deaf perspective to hearing parents or any hearing person who does not understand deafness and why we need to use ASL and not have to worry about hearing the sounds. It is sad that many other hearing people don't get it.

And I have to pay you your dues, and say you do that very beautifully Bebonang.
You helped me see certain things from the Deaf perspective, and I will remain forever grateful to you.

Also you, Shel, managed to do that lately - thanks to you, too :)

Fuzzy

Back