Patriots are under investigation for deflating footballs

2015-deflate-gate-ring.jpg

Brady officially appeals 4-game Deflatgate suspension

The National Football League has upheld a four-game suspension of New England Patriots star quarterback Tom Brady for his role in the football tampering scandal known as "Deflategate," the league announced in a news release Tuesday.

Commissioner Roger Goodell, in affirming the suspension he handed down in May, said new information about the destruction of Brady's cell phone showed the four-time Super Bowl champion "sought to hide evidence of his own participation in the underlying scheme to alter the footballs."

The destruction of the cell phone wasn't disclosed until June 18, almost four months after investigators had requested electronic information from Brady.

Goodell's decision is the latest chapter in a controversy that started when the New England Patriots were accused of using under-inflated footballs to gain a competitive advantage in January's AFC championship game against the Indianapolis Colts.

Lawyer bashes critics of 'Deflategate' investigation

Brady denied involvement but the NFL suspended him four games without pay in May. Brady appealed, setting up the decision by Goodell.

The Super Bowl-winning Patriots were punished, too. The team was fined $1 million and will forfeit its first-round selection in the 2016 NFL Draft and its fourth-round pick in the 2017 draft.

Lawyer Ted Wells, hired by the league to investigate, said Brady probably had at least a general knowledge about how the balls were deflated.

The report said the likely perpetrators were equipment assistant John Jastremski and the man who carried the balls from the officials' locker room to the field, Jim McNally.

What will Brady -- one of the best-known and highest-paid athletes in the United States -- do next?

He has the option of filing a lawsuit and taking the fight to the court system.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/28/us/tom-brady-deflategate-suspension-upheld/index.html

Then don't come to this thread......instant relief for you...

Wrong ! I like to watch the news and this is all they're talking about , it's breaking news out here. I normally be would watching the news right now . I took a break from it and it was still on TV. :roll:

The following as brought up by Brady's agent in the CBS link is something that also occurred to me. "Brady's agent released a statement calling the appeal process "a sham, resulting in the Commissioner rubber-stamping his own decision."" It just does not seem logical to me to have an appeal heard by the same person that imposed the suspension in the first place.

I am not worried about it. We got Jimmy Garopollo #10 :cheers:

If the Judge tells NFL he cant be suspended that opens doors to players can now take any league commissioner to court. That includes BASEBALL NOW! A ROD gets suspended again because of drugs Judges won't allow the commissioner to suspend him. That also includes the NBA when players complain about refs calls and the commissioner suspends him he can flip the bird at the commissioner and say I'm taking you to court lets see what the judge says about that!

But that doesn't mean he was innocent.

His reputation is still tarnished. He's going to be remembered for many years as a cheater.

Only the haters think that . A ruling is a ruling can't argue.

I am not a hater-

It is what it is... he will still have that hanging over his head- doesn't matter who thinks it.

Just hope that we won't have to hear about this for the entire football season from the Pats fans.

So....Are we done with this crap? I'm ready for real football and actual football news!

I'm so over this Patriots news. It is one poster that constantly posts about them all season (or not) long. We can be done with this.

There is was a really funny cartoon that Boston Globe put out of
Roger Goodell , it shows him lying in the football field with air coming out his back like a deflated doll. LOL! It was on the news .

Back