Parent and HA/CI issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not A Cookie Cutter World

ismi
I agree with Fuzzy's post - it describes my opinions pretty closely as well. Me, I'm trying to learn ASL now, but that's not an option for everyone. Learning a language is not something that just happens because you want it to; you have to find a good class or teacher, you have to have time to practice, and you have to have people to try out your language with. That's not easy for any language, particularly when you're no longer a student (which is one reason I feel motivated to learn *now*, while I'm still in college), but it's even harder when you're an adult with responsibilities, and harder still when it's a language that's not spoken by as many people as, say, Spanish. Not impossible; just difficult.

ASL isn't just a pidgin or a creole (though it shares some features with creoles), and as such, it does take an effort to become fluent. Not everyone has the time, resources, or opportunities to do so.

sr171soars
Good post!

Describes me to a "T". Don't need it, don't have the time, don't have anybody to use it with, have a family to raise and on it goes... I could do much better with getting fluent in Spanish...enough people in my area that use it every day.

:cheers:

Sorry for having to jump in here. My question to you is. Ever heard of practice what you preach?

If I happen to be Pro-choice, should I get pregnant multiple times just to have an abortions? to prove the point?

You are looking for a hole in a whole.

Fuzzy

Audiofuzzy said:
If I happen to be Pro-choice, should I get pregnant multiple times just to have an abortions? to prove the point?

Fuzzy
As far I know... you are not Pro ASL at all... you never practice what you preach!!!

SxyPorkie said:
As far I know... you are not Pro ASL at all... you never practice what you preach!!!

You're splitting hairs. One does not HAVE to "practice/know" something to support it. I support the death penalty for murderers, but that doesn't mean I have to first have experienced having somebody close to me murdered. If initmite knowledge of something was a requirement for being supportive, then MEN could never be supportive of abortion since they never get pregnant.

SxyPorkie said:

You are wrong... I had talked to her via PM and she knows alot about ASL, then she's Pro-ASL that means support with ASL. She's not 100% support with CI but CIers can learn ASL and rights to attend deaf school, both of oral and ASL are fine for CI that who got implanted when they are under 3 years old. You don't know about how's CI works.

Enough with it, Alex would getting more tired of you and few forumers that who trolling around here.

Hey MODS -- Will you please remove TrippLA's post for point-fingerin' ? He hasn't changed by usin' ADers' names.

Hey - YOU, TrippLA ... Where's your respect ??

CyberRed said:
Hey MODS -- Will you please remove TrippLA's post for point-fingerin' ? He hasn't changed by usin' ADers' names.

Hey - YOU, TrippLA ... Where's your respect ??

There's not your name in here, then none of your business.

Nah, you don't respect what Audiofuzzy said.

TrippLA said:
\

I already stated that each person is different when I posted it to her. I even stated " End of discussion ". Please, re-read all my posts. Thank you.

CyberRed said:
\

I already stated that each person is different when I posted it to her. I even stated " End of discussion ". Please, re-read all my posts. Thank you.

Look at post again, I removed your name.

TrippLA said:
There's not your name in here, then none of your business.

Oh yeah you delete them. I ain't blind. So, quit name namin' others.

CyberRed said:
Oh yeah you delete them. I ain't blind. So, quit name namin' others.

You're not boss, Koala, sxyporkie and sweetmind are argue with Audiofuzzy and not respect her personal. Honestly, I talked to her via PM about ASL and CI, she helped me about how's CI works, also sweetmind is keeping argue with her. I'm got sick of sweetmind again and again because she don't accept everyone to get CI or something. That why... I was stated few of their name and explained to them and quit to insult at Audiofuzzy.

They don't read an warning thread that what Alex created.

TrippLA said:
You're not boss, Koala, sxyporkie and sweetmind are argue with Audiofuzzy and not respect her personal. Honestly, I talked to her via PM about ASL and CI, she helped me about how's CI works, also sweetmind is keeping argue with her. I'm got sick of sweetmind again and again because she don't accept everyone to get CI or something. That why... I was stated few of their name and explained to them and quit to insult at Audiofuzzy.

They don't read an warning thread that what Alex created.

I wasn't arguin' with her. I explained what I believe and what I don't believe. That's FOR ME - not for her. If, she believes somethin' else, then that's fine. That's FOR HER, not for me. Get it ? I also told her that each person is different what each person's opinions are/their views and all that. It's not necessary to press on someone to convert in her own way when she kept postin'. Let it go, if one disagrees. I move on to other thread without pressin' further about CI/HAs issues.

CyberRed said:
I wasn't arguin' with her. I explained what I believe and what I don't believe. That's FOR ME - not for her. If, she believes somethin' else, then that's fine. That's FOR HER, not for me. Get it ? I also told her that each person is different what each person's opinions are/their views and all that. It's not necessary to press on someone to convert in her own way when she kept postin'. Let it go, if one disagrees. I move on to other thread without pressin' further about CI/HAs issues.

Not just for you, I just only stated 3 of them that don't know about respect to Audiofuzzy then if she is pro-ASL then that fine for her, that hard to prove it in this forum. Well, 3 of them aren't children or teenagers, most adults know how respect to them.

For example, If I'm pro-game, then they respect about my personal but not supposed to prove it, and it's bad if they insult about her personal.

This section need clean up so bad.

May I point out that TrippLA has every right to express his opinion also? Even if you disagree with HIS opinion?

What he said is actually precise to the point here:

She's not 100% support with CI but CIers can learn ASL and rights to attend deaf school, both of oral and ASL are fine for CI that who got implanted when they are under 3 years old.

Thank you TrippLA for pointing that out for me.

Fuzzy

Koala said:
If Audiofuzzy is Pro-ASL, then why isn't she supporting ASL in children as their first language and if she loves ASL, then why isn't she learning it and supporting it.
Sound like she is more of Pro-CI than pro-ASL, the way she brags on about CI in children. She is more supporting the CI children to speech & hear than ASL. SO THERE!!
Koala and Mookie, I agree 100% with you.

I am a hearing person who can say he's pro-ASL. I am fluent in it, I practice it, I use it for social purposes, and if I have a deaf child, I will sign with that child. Being pro-ASL means you're willing to use it yourself. If you are pro-ASL, that means you will accept your child even if your child uses it primarily. If you are pro-ASL, you recognize that ASL is a language, not a crutch.

And if you're pro-ASL, you will not complain that videos in ASL are not captioned or subtitled.
Audiofuzzy said:
May I point out that TrippLA has every right to express his opinion also? Even if you disagree with HIS opinion?

What he said is actually precise to the point here:
Then why do you not feel the same way about people who disagree with you?

Audiofuzzy said:

Fuzzy

This post should've ended this debate.

Those who continues the "practice what you preach" argument can't read at all.

gnulinuxman said:
And if you're pro-ASL, you will not complain that videos in ASL are not captioned or subtitled.

Classic example of pot calling the kettle black.

We complain that everything should be captioned on T.V.

Locked. End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back