Palin's EPIC FAIL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of crime bosses with tons of money etc.
Should we believe that a Drug Cartel leader would make an effective president?????
double standards again.
yeah well...todd palin maybe quit so he won't need to support anti-environmental issuesin the alaskan oilfields where he worked.....looks like they are lining thier ducks up in a row.
Rememberthe guy was going apeshyt when Sarah had problem with media regarding ex-cop..and tried to take over control....can't recall the story.......but imagine when she starts getting media pressures and such...or foriegn pressures etc.
the guys a nutball.....a liability to her ill concieved future campaign.

You might need someone to help you remove Kokonut's head from his ass first before you can get into his head because it's so far up his ass. :laugh2:
That's not funny, nice, or necessary to post about another AD member.

You don't have OpenBook? It converts hardcopy books into electronic form for the blind, so they can use it with their braille reader... or they could have it read to them.

Freedom Scientific OpenBook Scanning and Reading Software for the Visually Impaired

If you want... I can send it to you by mail? The university asked me to try it out... even though I wanted deaf support, not blind support. I don't use the program.

What kind of files do they use?
A lot of e books are in pdf format but that's no good to me since it doesn't work with a braille display.

I will have to check.

You can get free .PDF-to-.DOC/.RTF/.TXT converters though so you can read e-books with your Braille display. I will have to dig around my CD collection to see which one I use for Windows.

That'll change very soon. A text to braille instant book reader
Haptic Reader Turns Typed Text Into Braille Instantly

Thanks for the link. I'll have to save up for that first. Although it wasn't clear wether it turned print into tactile print or braille. There already was one that turns print into tactile print called an opticon but then it went out of buisness as the blind tend to use speech and the deafblind are such a tiny minority that their just wasn't much of a market for it.

Okay... you can export scans from OpenBook to .DOC (Microsoft Word) or .TXT (notepad) and a few other formats. That's what it says on the back of the box.

*Image Description*

Governor Palin standing by a podium.

Palin says, "No condoms in schools! No sex education! Abstinence only!" with her right hand with one finger up in the air as she shouts.

Next to her is her daughter with droopy eyes (sarcastic expression) saying, "I'm strictly a private matter."

Thanks for the transcription steele, although I'm afraid I don't agree with it.

hmmm, Palin's daughter had sex education, with condom and all.

That's probably true.
You can 'educate' people until you are blue in the face, but they still don't always do the right thing by using proper contraceptions.

What kind of files do they use?
A lot of e books are in pdf format but that's no good to me since it doesn't work with a braille display.

No. Let me explain. Sorry about that. One device they were talking about is about the size of notebook paper. It looks to be about 1/4 inch thick. You place it on the book itself. It scans the printed words. The device reads it and the Braille part gets activated on the top of that device. Understand? Technology is making advancement in all kinds of areas that benefit deaf, blind and those with other kinds of disabilities. It's all about the continued electronic miniaturization and that nano-technology is increasingly helping that goal.

Surely, you understand that if Palin runs for 2012, Obama has a solid chance to win again? GOP knows and will make sure she will NOT run.

I mean, seriously who wants a quitter?

Surely, you understand that if Palin runs for 2012, Obama has a solid chance to win again? GOP knows and will make sure she will NOT run.

I mean, seriously who wants a quitter?

kinda like Paterson except he didn't quit.... yet.

I don't believe Palin is going to run for president. So, why the fear? Yet you keep talking about it....incessantly.

:)

*sniff*

I smell fear.

I don't believe Palin is going to run for president. So, why the fear? Yet you keep talking about it....incessantly.

:)

*sniff*

I smell fear.

Fear? You should be fearsome if you want RNC to prevail. But then... why the fear about Obama too?

Obama is actually wrecking the economy with his statist approach. He's open game. So, the people have the right to voice their concerns and challenge his ongoing (and changing) policies.

However, but Palin. Ya'll keep talking about her like she's going to run for 2012!!

*sniff*

I smell fear....!

Fear? You should be fearsome if you want RNC to prevail. But then... why the fear about Obama too?
I think he figures Palin will seduce Obama and get pictures....

Rather, Palin will point out some things about Obama's policy and such, he won't like it. That'll be when Palin will take a picture of him.

Okay... you can export scans from OpenBook to .DOC (Microsoft Word) or .TXT (notepad) and a few other formats. That's what it says on the back of the box.

That sounds good. My dad has a scanner but his computer is no longer accessable to me because he uses Zoomtext at a lower magnification level then what I can see. He would need to upgrade, but at the same time I'm waiting because I don't know how much longer I will be able to see enough to use Zoom at all.

I didn't use dad's scanner so much in the past since scanning material can be hard work and I had enough vision to use a CCTV back then.

That sounds good. My dad has a scanner but his computer is no longer accessable to me because he uses Zoomtext at a lower magnification level then what I can see. He would need to upgrade, but at the same time I'm waiting because I don't know how much longer I will be able to see enough to use Zoom at all.

I didn't use dad's scanner so much in the past since scanning material can be hard work and I had enough vision to use a CCTV back then.

There's a list of compatible scanners on the website to see if your dad's will work with the program, and there is a demo program for you to try out.

My scanner only costed $20... Heh.

No. Let me explain. Sorry about that. One device they were talking about is about the size of notebook paper. It looks to be about 1/4 inch thick. You place it on the book itself. It scans the printed words. The device reads it and the Braille part gets activated on the top of that device. Understand? Technology is making advancement in all kinds of areas that benefit deaf, blind and those with other kinds of disabilities. It's all about the continued electronic miniaturization and that nano-technology is increasingly helping that goal.

Kokonut: I think we got cross posted. I was responding to Souggy's post.

Your device sounds interesting, but it's going to take a long long time before I can hope to afford one. I paid for my braille display. I paid for Zoom with a higher level of magnification then the previous package. This one will actually magnifify up to X32. I'm now on X16 and only see 4 lines of print in a txt style that I find readable. (not all of them are).

At the moment I am paving my pennies for a face to face device called DBC. It's going to cost me 5 thousand pounds, but it will enable me to communicate with the general public with much more ease. I will also need to pay for training on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back