Pager Jitters

Aphrodite

Reaction score
Since I was about to get off topic in other thread - I thought I would start a new one...

Any funny stories related to pager jinxes?

Flat tire at 4am after talking on a pager, not paying attention to the curb, and had to knock at the door of a middle-aged couple, whom ending up lecturing me, telling me that I am a young lady who should be not alone at the middle of the night!

Any confessions with your errors regarding talking or typing on your pagers when you r not paying attention?

I used to have a hiptop (kickside). One day, I was with my friend and I left my pager on a table at some sport place then I walked away without picking it up. A few minutes later, I realized that I forget my pager so I turned back and ran. It was missing. Sucks to be me. :tears:

Originally posted by kevbo
I used to have a hiptop (kickside). One day, I was with my friend and I left my pager on a table at some sport place then I walked away without picking it up. A few minutes later, I realized that I forget my pager so I turned back and ran. It was missing. Sucks to be me. :tears:

DAMN it is indeed sucked to be you! Actually it is
sidekick (no offense)

Originally posted by Castleman
DAMN it is indeed sucked to be you! Actually it is
sidekick (no offense)
You just said it because you knew you can't afford buying a sidekick. :P

Originally posted by kevbo
You just said it because you knew you can't afford buying a sidekick. :P

I am a retired pager user and no need for another! :D

i was holding my pager and i was arguing w someone who i was dating last summer and i was standing near the pool (i worked as a lifeguard) and i was so angry, threw the pager into the pool, without even thinking.

no pager since I use text on cell but it has been distracting me from driving........I have dropped it so many times.....I am glad I have insurance on it!!!

have been in a countless NEAR car accidents due to using my pager. a;jsldkfj;aslkdfs...

o HELL YEA!! ally neva pay attention when she usez pager E****ALLY when walkin on STREET! *screams*

mine.. ahhh nothin bad happened!

Originally posted by Willy
o HELL YEA!! ally neva pay attention when she usez pager E****ALLY when walkin on STREET! *screams*

mine.. ahhh nothin bad happened!
on street??.. ooohh oh oh oh, speaking of when i cross roads? heh :twisted:

IDK LOL but how cld u get in car accident? duh lol on STREET> *shrugs*hehkajsdh

Originally posted by d
i was holding my pager and i was arguing w someone who i was dating last summer and i was standing near the pool (i worked as a lifeguard) and i was so angry, threw the pager into the pool, without even thinking.

:shock:

After I only had my civic for a month...I had my sister and two of our friends in my car heading down to the beach. After waiting so long to get direction to the beach, I finally got direction to the beach, I was so excited and I was reading the message on my pager while I was driving on the freeway all of sudden traffic started and I was not paying attention I hit toyota suv. My hood was damaged and my radiator had hole, everything in my radiator came out. I had to tow my car back home because I couldnt drive my civic when there was nothing in my radiator and my car didnt have water. I had to get new radiator for my car and had to replace my hood for new one.

I learned my lesson, I will never be on my pager while I'm driving.

my friend do that pager and drive same time a lot of times.. she keep watch on the road and few times on pager.... she seem alright so far but I know someday never know she might be hit the car someday if that happend to her .. never know but right now not yet.. most of time she do that a lot. I know she is nuts LOL:shock:

I have a pager, and I haven't done anything "bad" along with using pager and other tasks. :dunno:

One time I panicked to find out that my pager wasn't there when I checked to see if my pager's on me while I was driving. I pulled over and searched for that pager and found out that it was sitting between the seats. :roll: Whew.

One of my friends nearly got her AOL pager smashed by a passing car during the middle of a riot as Univeristy of Maryland basketball team was declared as NCAA champions.... we were at U of MD strip during the victory and people were smashed to each other, starting fires, yelling, throwing bottles, crashing the poles down - and my friend was TALKING on her pager (she cannot live w/out her ex at that time) and someone crashed into her and she let the pager go and it fell down on a pavement - and the car (which happened to be in the middle of the crowd and crusing by) went over it - but lucky enuff, the tire didn't smash it at all - just nearly by an inch! She had to scream and point at this pager and someone quickly recused it!

Back