Oticon Safari SP/Oticon Chili

Yeah, I will try it since I can hear any slight differences between two model hearing aids... my old one is Siemens

Yeah, I will try it since I can hear any slight differences between two model hearing aids... my old one is Siemens

OMG my old hearing aids are Siemens too! (see my profile picture)
I know the diffrerence between the 2 since one is analog and the other is digital but rather boring LOL

I grew up with Siemens as a kid then reverted into Oticon in 05

I have pretty sound tried on my hearing aid noise wave radio stranger

lol well jenny has now has had both as she had the naida before and now has the chili/safari which is just the pediatric version of the chili. She prefers the naida...I have the naida and depending on your hearing loss you if you get naida you may have the ultra power which takes 675 the super power takes 13's

I prefer the Naida? Really? huh...

Just a note = the streamer doesn't turn off. There is no on/off button. I think that is stupid....

I agree! guess what? Unfortunately I could not close it. I use the tape cover on it and with replacing the tapes every morning or every time if i take it off. :mad2:

I agree! guess what? Unfortunately I could not close it. I use the tape cover on it and with replacing the tapes every morning or every time if i take it off. :mad2:

Yeah, that is the only thing I hate about opening the battery door to turn it off. I rather have on/off switch. I see more and more hearing aids come out with no on/off switch. I did ask audi why they are doing this, her reply:

1: reason for having no on/off switch, it will make more room for electronic circiut inside the hearing aids, more microphone and such.
2nd: normally suppose to open the battery door when not in use due to moisture contamination with the battery.

So...

Yeah, that is the only thing I hate about opening the battery door to turn it off. I rather have on/off switch. I see more and more hearing aids come out with no on/off switch. I did ask audi why they are doing this, her reply:

1: reason for having no on/off switch, it will make more room for electronic circiut inside the hearing aids, more microphone and such.
2nd: normally suppose to open the battery door when not in use due to moisture contamination with the battery.

So...

I was talking about the streamer. Not the hearing aids.

yeah silly goose :)
@Jenny, my mom got a message from CMMC that my Safaris came in so I'm gonna pick it up maybe Monday :D

I'm profoundly deaf and have tried the Naida 9. Since I have no hearing in one ear and am profoundly deaf in the other, the Naida did not work for me. If you use 2 HAs then the Naida has adjustments that can be made for noisy situations. Since I only use 1 HA there were no controls for noisy situations that would allow me to decrease the background noise enough to allow me to hear speach. So now my audiologist is having me try the Oticon Chili SP9. Does anyone out there recommend the Oticon Chili SP9 for a profound hearing loss? Will it allow me to hear in noisy environments and will it allow me to turn it off without disconnecting the battery if I encounter a noisy environment that is too loud? I will appreciate whatever recommendations you can provide.

My sister works for Unitron and I always find it interesting when we discuss the new digitals that will be out on the market. I usually get the inside information from her and I'm not able to disclose the inside information because she shares with me in confidence.

My sister loves her career working in development and research & the company values her input as a Deaf person because she's able to share decades of experience as a HA user.

That must be why my Unitron 360e is the best hearing aid I've ever had.

Please tell Unitron to continue development and release of the Unitron 360e. It's the greatest hearing aid EVER when ALL auto features are turned off and the compression is at its lowest setting.

I'm profoundly deaf and have tried the Naida 9. Since I have no hearing in one ear and am profoundly deaf in the other, the Naida did not work for me. If you use 2 HAs then the Naida has adjustments that can be made for noisy situations. Since I only use 1 HA there were no controls for noisy situations that would allow me to decrease the background noise enough to allow me to hear speach. So now my audiologist is having me try the Oticon Chili SP9. Does anyone out there recommend the Oticon Chili SP9 for a profound hearing loss? Will it allow me to hear in noisy environments and will it allow me to turn it off without disconnecting the battery if I encounter a noisy environment that is too loud? I will appreciate whatever recommendations you can provide.

I have the Safari/Chilli version and it works great especially for music. you should give the SP9 a try and see if you like it.
I kinda almost went with the Naida but ended up with an Oticon Safari since I read that the fact Oticon's tech specs is pretty close to Siemens (which I grew up with as an infant thorugh 4th grade) :) so long live Oticon!!!!

Back