Oticon Safari SP/Oticon Chili

JennyB

Reaction score
Hi All,

I got my Safari's today and I LOVE them! The sound is much more natural than the Naida's and my sound discrimination is much better.

The streamer is also awesome and the music with it is by far the best I have ever heard. It is so clear!

I am very pleased!

Jenny

:applause:
Hi All,

I got my Safari's today and I LOVE them! The sound is much more natural than the Naida's and my sound discrimination is much better.

The streamer is also awesome and the music with it is by far the best I have ever heard. It is so clear!

I am very pleased!

Jenny

That's really good news Jenny, after all the problems you've had with your naidas. I'd love to try HAs that can be used with a streamer, they sound so useful.

That's really good news Jenny, after all the problems you've had with your naidas. I'd love to try HAs that can be used with a streamer, they sound so useful.

I'm gonna try the streamer when my new hearing aids comes in though

Just a note = the streamer doesn't turn off. There is no on/off button. I think that is stupid....

you should read the manual on the streamer, it'll might tell you to turn on or off LOL

I'm gonna get the hearing aids ordered 2omorrow :)

I did read it and it explicitly states that there is no way to turn it on or off.

it's a remote control that will directly connect to our Oticon hearing aids
I'm getting them in a few more weeks

@Jenny, huh. maybe the audi can solve that mystery LOL

it's not really a mystery..it's an oversite on the manufacturers part

it's not really a mystery..it's an oversite on the manufacturers part

Don't think so.

Feeling IN CONTROL

Whether they're toddlers or tweens, children want to be able to use phones, mp3 players, TVs and PCs just as easily as all their friends - and with Safari and the Oticon Streamer and ConnectLine accessories they can. By picking up the audio signal and sending it straight into BOTH ears, the Streamer turns a pair of Safari's into the world's smallest wireless headset!

The Streamer can also be used as a remote control for Safari - a feature that you as a parent will find particularly useful. The Streamer's remote control function works even when the volume control or program switch on the instrument itself has been disabled to prevent tampering or accidental changes by the child.

Apparently you can use it with a remote. :lol:

Oticon

I have had a Streamer for over a year - and never turn it off. I use it firstly as a remote control - to change volume and to change program. There is a "KeyLock" (the slider at the top), so if you have it in your handbag or pocket - it doesn't accidentally change settings on you. :lol: I also use it with my cell phone - it is great on phone calls - especially when I am driving. It is easy to turn the Bluetooth off - and disconnect from the cell phone - by pressing the bluetooth button for about a sec. To reconnect - just push it again. You can tell whether the Bluetooth is on or off by the blue light.

I have had a Streamer for over a year - and never turn it off. I use it firstly as a remote control - to change volume and to change program. There is a "KeyLock" (the slider at the top), so if you have it in your handbag or pocket - it doesn't accidentally change settings on you. :lol: I also use it with my cell phone - it is great on phone calls - especially when I am driving. It is easy to turn the Bluetooth off - and disconnect from the cell phone - by pressing the bluetooth button for about a sec. To reconnect - just push it again. You can tell whether the Bluetooth is on or off by the blue light.

I argee with that 2!

My hearing aid died week ago (11 years old) and now I'm looking at between Oticon Chili SP7 and Phonak Naida. So, I will start out with Oticon Chili and test it out. It's being ordered and waiting to hear from my audiologist.

I will have to get used to size 13 battery. All my life, I been using 675 battery.

lol well jenny has now has had both as she had the naida before and now has the chili/safari which is just the pediatric version of the chili. She prefers the naida...I have the naida and depending on your hearing loss you if you get naida you may have the ultra power which takes 675 the super power takes 13's

My sister works for Unitron and I always find it interesting when we discuss the new digitals that will be out on the market. I usually get the inside information from her and I'm not able to disclose the inside information because she shares with me in confidence.

My sister loves her career working in development and research & the company values her input as a Deaf person because she's able to share decades of experience as a HA user.

@Mrs.Bucket that's cool and you should be lucky LOL
@sneakernet you should try the chilli, it's like the hottest dish on the market :D

Back