Oral

BabyPhat21

Reaction score
I am oral all the way, I just recently learned how to do ASL I am not fluent but pretty good......... I am quite a chatter box!!!

I prefer to be called oral deaf rather than HOH.......cuz I am profound deaf from both ears since birth........

that good for u babyPhat21,

I Prefer British Sign Language coz that the only one Language can give me a easy communication, i can lipread wat family or HOH friends say but i often ask them to repeat!

I am oral and HOH. I use to sign before but now im rusty and havent been signing for long time.

Why are you guys oral? Just because you guys need to communicate with ur parents?

Nah Im oral cuz im raise in the hearing world since when I was little. And im not completely deaf.

I prefer ASL over BSL and other sign languages because ASL is the thing that chat with both hands sign languages and BODY languages. :)

i respect people's choice of language or preference of communication. i had a couple of oral roommates at the academic bowl last weekend-- they were both just a couple of mad cool people.

I'm oral because I live in a hearing world (my family, my friends, and my life is all in the hearing world) even though I was born profoundly deaf. I've been picking up on sign language for the last 6 years though.

I was oral until the age of 5. At 5, I moved to a different school with a deaf program and that's where I started learning SEE. When I graduated, I went to college and used interpreters who used ASL unlike the SEE interpreters I had when I grew up. That's when I started learning ASL. I'm still oral in most cases depending on the situation. Here at RIT, I sign most of the time.

it's depend which parents who will spend to get their child learn how to speak well.

They send me to take speech thearpy. It turn out that I suck at it. :|

I thought this thread was going to be about sucking dick or something.
:bj:

Sorry about that.

:naughty:

I am very oral.

I was usually oral when I was very young but not anymore becasue I was in deaf school almost whole my life to use ASL. I considering myself Deaf!!!

I dont like being called HOH by the Deaf people and the Hearing people always view me as Deaf.....I am stuck in the middle. But since I am oral, I feel that the hearing world is more comfortable to me.... I do sign with deaf people (also talk at same time)

Originally posted by Cain Marko
I thought this thread was going to be about sucking dick or something.
:bj:

Sorry about that.

:naughty:

I am very oral.
I thought the same thing too... until I checked the thread location, then i knew what it was really about. :o

yeah, did you hear the one about the deaf militant who is so anti-oral that she even refuses to give blowjobs? :)

Originally posted by VamPyroX
I thought the same thing too... until I checked the thread location, then i knew what it was really about. :o

I know I make nasty/perverted/freaky threads but come on!!!

I'm oral and deaf, was HoH for 27 years and became deaf 4 years ago. My signing isn't great, but I do it what I can. Grew up in the hearing world and I am the only one with the hearing loss. The same goes with my job and the workers have been incredibly great to me. My husband is hearing and he knows sign very well, in fact he does it better than me LOL

Anyway, I'm oral too. I usually talk orally when I'm around hearing people or making my orders at restaurants. When I'm with other deaf people, I sign instead.

Back