Votes: 19 29.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 48.4%
  • Maybe or sometimes

Votes: 14 21.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like this, one can be a lawyer if he set his mind to it. But if he decided not to, he is just as successful being a police or something even though he is very capable of being a lawyer.

I feel as if were we a real village, we would all be chasing Lighthouse with pitchforks and torches now.

No, we wouldnt! We would have patience and understanding. :)

So, I step on people's toes, sorry, I speak what I observed with my life and my sister's life.. My grandma's three deaf sisters' life. we all took different paths.

quit that.

Look, I understand where you are coming from. Growing up, based on how people responded to me, I felt that they aren't giving deaf people enough credit. People are AMAZED that I live alone. Um.... seriously wtf? However, I don't think you realize that oralism is difficult in different ways. Yes, some people do well, but statistics say that a lot (if not most) deaf people do not respond well to oralism, and it can have major repercussions.

So, I step on people's toes, sorry, I speak what I observed with my life and my sister's life.. My grandma's three deaf sisters' life.

We all have deaf relatives too. You need to understand that you can't just spout off about things like language that have been extensively studied.

No one is going to respect an ignoramus.

(Except Shel who is patient and kind.)

So, I step on people's toes, sorry, I speak what I observed with my life and my sister's life.. My grandma's three deaf sisters' life. we all took different paths.

Yea, I undy. So, u come from a deaf family but who uses oralism?

And if you step on peoples toes, at least do it when you know what you are talking about. :mad2:

We all have deaf relatives too. You need to understand that you can't just spout off about things like language that have been extensively studied.

No one is going to respect an ignoramus.

(Except Shel who is patient and kind.)

I have to be or I will get blamed for driving people away from AD again! :lol:

what make you think I don't?

Everything you are saying about the ability to aquire language just being wanting to.

It is obvious. And you won't understand until you are educated.

But you don't seem to want to make the effort to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back