• No

Votes: 31 48.4%
  • Maybe or sometimes

Votes: 14 21.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 46.95%? The number stinks! :hmm:

If you add the ones that say "sometimes" meaning that it shouldn't be the primary or only focus, it is up to 68%. And keep in mind, that is only 68% of those who responded to this poll. That is hardly an unbiased representation. In fact, it is not even an unbiased representation of All Deaf.

That means the majority believe it is ok at least sometimes. I think it is reflective of the belief that not every deaf child is the same.

majority of whom? deaf people or hearing parents or what?

If you add the ones that say "sometimes" meaning that it shouldn't be the primary or only focus, it is up to 68%.

Sometimes is very unacceptable to some people. There are individuals eho believe it is never ok. I was very pleased with the openmindedness.

That means the majority believe it is ok at least sometimes. I think it is reflective of the belief that not every deaf child is the same.

That is an incorrect interpretation of the data. Actually, a majority believe it is never okay.

Sometimes is very unacceptable to some people. There are individuals eho believe it is never ok. I was very pleased with the openmindedness.

Yeah, a majority of the respondants believe it is never okay.

majority of whom? deaf people or hearing parents or what?

Unfortunately, this poll did not contain demographic information that would have allowed for more complete interpretation of the results. As it stands, it really is not supportive of, nor representative of, anything.

Unfortunately, this poll did not contain demographic information that would have allowed for more complete interpretation of the results. As it stands, it really is not supportive of, nor representative of, anything.

No one claimed this to be anything other than a poll on a message board.

It would be nice if people could use terms correctly in their posts. Doing otherwise makes this thread difficult to understand.

I wish I could read the names of those who voted. That would give me an idea of how many are deaf and how many are the parent of the deaf. Maybe many deaf people in AD don't bother with anything oral and don't bother reading this thread. Just my guessing.

faire_jour...... I remember reading in Train Go Sorry,, that at Lex, kids have daily speech therapy. Most deaf schools schdule daily speech therapy for those who want/need/require it. It's possible that the reason your school doesn't offer great speech therapy is b/c it's still new or b/c it doesn't have the resource of being established.

faire_jour...... I remember reading in Train Go Sorry,, that at Lex, kids have daily speech therapy. Most deaf schools schdule daily speech therapy for those who want/need/require it. It's possible that the reason your school doesn't offer great speech therapy is b/c it's still new or b/c it doesn't have the resource of being established.

I think it is because it is a Deaf charter school started by Deaf parents.

You know, this is a battle of wills, because in my case, I spent two years at a deaf school, where I totally didn't do well at all...then my parents went the oral route, and I haven't looked back since then.

It's hard, but nothing tastes better than achieving something knowing that hard work was placed in there.

Trust me, I know I've come very far...far, indeed.

Oral, all the way for me...my personal view!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back