'Open Carry' Law Contoversy: Gun Owner Cited

They are covering their butt and enforcing their right. People without a CCW might attempt to bring a firearm into the establishment.

"Hey Leroy, do you have your illegal gun on you?

"Yeah why?"

"Well,because we are going to Dunkin' Donuts and you can't take it in there....They have a sign."

"Whew, thanks bro, that was close"

:ty:.....:ty: Very Much

The ONLY reason? Come on, Jiro. You are talking about NYC.

right. this is a city where you cannot legally own a gun or carry it so the only way to bring a firearm into any establishment is if you're robbing them. I'm not counting off-duty cops. I'm talking about a private citizen.... an ordinary law-abiding citizen... Joe the Plumber. Larry the Cableman.

There was a recent shooting in Bronx few weeks ago and it was captured in video. It was a thuggery hit job.

Just let the season progress. I'm certain you will be provided with more than one example of the unwise combination of college football, booze and guns.

but what about in the past?

"Yeah why?"

"Well,because we are going to Dunkin' Donuts and you can't take it in there....They have a sign."

I guess the concept of legally covering their butts regarding lawsuits if something should occur involving a weapon escapes you.

but what about in the past?

Like I said in a post several prior...search the news archives. I didn't mention a specific incident. I stated that football, booze, and guns was not a wise combination. Any understanding and observation of human behavior supports my conclusion.

"Yeah why?"

lol!

and it's not illegal to carry gun into Dunkin' Donut anyway. They can ask you to leave. and maybe banish you forever. No loss there since Dunkin' Donut is everywhere :lol:

right. this is a city where you cannot legally own a gun or carry it so the only way to bring a firearm into any establishment is if you're robbing them. I'm not counting off-duty cops. I'm talking about a private citizen.... an ordinary law-abiding citizen... Joe the Plumber. Larry the Cableman.

There was a recent shooting in Bronx few weeks ago and it was captured in video. It was a thuggery hit job.

Oh, I guess someone going in to shoot someone else over a bad drug deal or a personal grudge just could never, ever happen.

Like I said in a post several prior...search the news archives. I didn't mention a specific incident. I stated that football, booze, and guns was not a wise combination. Any understanding and observation of human behavior supports my conclusion.

That's what I'm asking. Was there an incident like what you stated? football + booze + gun.

I searched and I can't find anything. All I see is bunch of silly video games.

Oh, I guess someone going in to shoot someone else over a bad drug deal or a personal grudge just could never, ever happen.

right - you're talking about criminals with illegal possession of firearm. happens everywhere including NYC.

nothing to do with law-abiding citizens. and it's just dang unfortunate that we can't protect ourselves.

lol!

and it's not illegal to carry gun into Dunkin' Donut anyway. They can ask you to leave. and maybe banish you forever. No loss there since Dunkin' Donut is everywhere :lol:

It is prohibited if they have the sign posted. And they can not only have you leave, they can call the police and have you arrested. Doesn't matter if it is an open carry state, or a CCW state, or a no carry state.

right - you're talking about criminals with illegal possession of firearm. happens everywhere including NYC.

nothing to do with law-abiding citizens. and it's just dang unfortunate that we can't protect ourselves.

How do you know that they have illegal possession? You are assuming. Not everyone who legally owns a gun is a law abiding citizen. And law abiding citizens are just as likely to succumb to emotional responses as anyone else is.

It is prohibited if they have the sign posted. And they can not only have you leave, they can call the police and have you arrested. Doesn't matter if it is an open carry state, or a CCW state, or a no carry state.

arrested for what? they didn't break any law.

How do you know that they have illegal possession? You are assuming. Not everyone who legally owns a gun is a law abiding citizen.
because they are the one who were waving their guns around and pointing it at somebody or shooting at somebody.

And law abiding citizens are just as likely to succumb to emotional responses as anyone else is.
got any links to news stories like above? I haven't heard such thing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H6BgWecVWE]Actual Robbery - YouTube[/ame]

yea definitely illegal possession of firearm..... in Illinois... a state with stringent gun ban law... this happened last week or so.

in case you don't see a gun, the reason why the man didn't chase after him and kept quiet was because at 0:10, the 2nd black male revealed his gun and told him to keep it quiet. iPad was later recovered.

would such idiocy happen in broad daylight in gun-friendly town? I doubt it.

Actual Robbery - YouTube

yea definitely illegal possession of firearm..... in Illinois... a state with stringent gun ban law... this happened last week or so.

in case you don't see a gun, the reason why the man didn't chase after him and kept quiet was because at 0:10, the 2nd black male revealed his gun and told him to keep it quiet. iPad was later recovered.

would such idiocy happen in broad daylight in gun-friendly town? I doubt it.

These two guys sure don't know how to walk nor run.

because they are the one who were waving their guns around and pointing it at somebody or shooting at somebody.

got any links to news stories like above? I haven't heard such thing.

Check the prisons. They are full of people who were law abiding all their lives, and then committed a crime of passion.

Check the prisons. They are full of people who were law abiding all their lives, and then committed a crime of passion.

Most of "crime of passion" cases do not involve firearm. and most of such cases occur inside their homes. I think you've been reading one too many romance novels with twisted plots :lol:

Back