Only in America...you must vote or else you get fined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay!

So what have the liberals been appointed? Saviors of women?

Which could also be said for those on the liberal end of the political spectrum who think they are ethically, morally, and intellectually superior to others. This is evident in all the posts where liberals very specifically put down the ethics, morals, and intellect of conservative posters rather than focusing on the content of the debates.

That's clear to see.

You see, it works both ways. Neither political party is immune to paternalism.

They are supporters of freedom to choose for oneself without undue interference from a group that has no interest in the consequences of the decision.

Belief that each individual is capable of making their own decisions regarding what is best in their life given their circumstances shows faith in mankind and empowerment. Paternalistic behavior is exactly the opposite and is generally founded in an unrealistic belief of one's own superiority. Quite different perspectives of people in general.

The content of this thread is paternalism. And I see those you choose to label as liberals encouraging those with more conservative attitudes to please take the time to empower themselves by educating themselves on the topics they are misinformed regarding. Encouraging another to become more informed is not attempting to make a decision for them. It is empowering by encouraging them to obtain information regarding both sides of a topic so as to be capable of making an informed choice regarding their own viewpoint and perspective.

Exactly Jillio.

When abortion was illegal, women had to have them in a back alley with a questionable "doctor".

I'm sure most conservatives would love to see this happen again so they can mock and laugh.

Care so much about abortion but have no problem sending 18 year olds to die for a worthless cause.

Exactly Jillio.

When abortion was illegal, women had to have them in a back alley with a questionable "doctor".

I'm sure most conservatives would love to see this happen again so they can mock and laugh.

Care so much about abortion but have no problem sending 18 year olds to die for a worthless cause.

Like I said, those with the attitudes that are in line with a paternalistic society are also the ones that fail to see how their attitudes are paternalistic. A bit of the old, "Do as I say, not as I do." at work.

Exactly Jillio.

If Roe v. Wade overturned so it would be end of conservative era after numerous independent voters, whoever is liberal in social and pro-abortion realize that they make mistake to vote a conservative politicians in past.

It may help to strengthening of Libertarian Party and weaken of Republican Party.

I agreed with you on this case.

I don't understand what you're getting at.

Conservatives CAN be paternalistic when they use government to censor/silence things they don't like, like when Guiliani had a painting of the Virgin Mary taken down because it was painted with feces.

Conservatives CAN be paternalistic when they use government to censor/silence things they don't like, like when Guiliani had a painting of the Virgin Mary taken down because it was painted with feces.

Ok, I'm going to explain again.

When Roe v. Wade is overturned so it will impacts the Republican in big time, it means any independent voters whoever is liberal in social, including support abortion so they will not vote any conservative politicians in future after they will realize that they made mistake to vote a conservative politicians. It means independent voters are losing the conservative votes.

Just like back in 1970's, after supreme court ruled abortion as legal has leaded to Christian organizations to favor in political that pushed Republican Party to more right so that how we saw Republican Party was stronger in several years ago.

Now, if anything is happen in 1st paragraph above so more independent voters will backed Libertarian Party and weaken of Republican Party.

Understand so clearly?

Ok. Try and do that with a Mohammed painting.

They are supporters of freedom to choose for oneself without undue interference from a group that has no interest in the consequences of the decision.
Pro-life people are supporters of protection for those who have no voice for themselves to continue their lives without undue interference from groups that has no interest in the individual.

Also, it's not true that pro-life supporters have no interest in the consequences of the decision.

Belief that each individual is capable of making their own decisions regarding what is best in their life given their circumstances shows faith in mankind and empowerment.
Great! Then we don't need any laws at all. :)

It's funny; even our Founding Fathers didn't have faith enough in mankind, so they included checks and balances in the Constitution.

Paternalistic behavior is exactly the opposite and is generally founded in an unrealistic belief of one's own superiority. Quite different perspectives of people in general.
I agree that belief in one's own superiority is unrealistic. I also note that it certainly isn't limited to any one political party.

As a Christian conservative, I don't believe, in fact I know, that I'm not superior to anyone else in any way, shape, or form. That includes physical, spiritual, intellectual, or any other category.

The content of this thread is paternalism. And I see those you choose to label as liberals encouraging those with more conservative attitudes to please take the time to empower themselves by educating themselves on the topics they are misinformed regarding. Encouraging another to become more informed is not attempting to make a decision for them. It is empowering by encouraging them to obtain information regarding both sides of a topic so as to be capable of making an informed choice regarding their own viewpoint and perspective.
It would be good for liberals, conservatives, libertarians, centrists, whatever, to all educate themselves as to what's happening. Lack of learning isn't limited to any one group.

...When abortion was illegal, women had to have them in a back alley with a questionable "doctor".

I'm sure most conservatives would love to see this happen again so they can mock and laugh. ...
You would be wrong.

:fruit: anybody?
"Anybody" can't answer. Only the thread originator can answer that question.

Unless you're inviting "anybody" to join your dance. :lol:

:fruit: :fruit:

"Anybody" can't answer. Only the thread originator can answer that question.

Unless you're inviting "anybody" to join your dance. :lol:

:fruit: :fruit:

why thank you - *bowing you, tipping my cowboy hat*

will you take my arm? :lol:

ha ha...I like the dancing sheeps.

You have no idea how wide open you left yourself with that comment. :laugh2: Let's just say your fondness for dancing sheep is not in the least surprising.

Care to answer the question? Was the title of this thread an intentional lie?

Fines are not the way. forcing people into the boxes by gunpoint (even if it is the wallet you are pointing at) will do more damage then good...

If you really want a TRUE voting system, one that is fair and inclusive without limiting free speech... a single field to write in your candidate. No listing of who is running, no listing of what party they belong too.. nothing. Just the position that you are voting for and a simple box. I mean really.. if you don't know the name of the person you are going to vote for, DON'T VOTE.
I am tired of hearing about the millions it takes to "get on the ballot" or from people that say "Oh, I just picked somebody, his name sound good".. Or "the belong to party X or party y, I will vote for them." Really.. If it was just those that do not show up was a problem, we have stupid people voting that DO show up. I call anyone that has no idea who they are voting for, what they stand for, or why they are running.. yet they vote for them since the name "sounds good".. Stupid.. And yes, I think voting on party lines without knowing who or what or why.. is stupid as well. This is not a pair of pants we are picking out that if we don't like, we can just give away to good will.. these are people that will change the lives of others and yourself..

I do not wish to take anyone's right to vote away, but at least make it harder for them to mess up the results of the polls. If they have a blank box, and a blank head, they will put nothing.. or a line or None of the above.. less likely are they going to just "pick" someone and get the name right..

This would also allow 3rd parties to run with the need to pay crazy fee's to states so they can print out their names on the slips that go into the booths. I personally feel it is a bit unconstitutional to force people to pay a fee to be on the ballot, after all, the constitution did not say that only those that can afford to run for office may run for office, it was meant for any citizen that felt they needed to serve there fellow citizens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back