Online relationships

OldNavyGirl said:
it depends on individuals.. of course, we all have different experiences of what we think of online relationships if it's worth it or not. :)

You're pretty much right about this one :thumb:

Hello :wave:

I met my current partner online and we are still living together. It's now 17 months and we are still together despite other people saying we would not last. So :P to them :D

Hugz
Anne
xx

Well... this topic is pretty controversial because in some circumstances, online relationships can work out and sometimes.. it simply doesn't..

I met my ex online through a friend and had been chatting to each other for a few months and decided to meet. We had been together for about 3 months I would say. However, it didn't work out.

My take on online relationships now is that, yes it can work but its definately not for me! I'd rather meet people in person and use the internet to meet friends and nothing more.

Congrats to those who have met their signifcant other via the internet :D

VamPyroX said:
There was a man who met this gal online. They chatted online for a long time and got very close. The decided to meet in person for a one-night stand. To keep this like their online relationship, they decided to keep their identities secret. They both agreed meet at a hotel. For what they were going to do, they also agreed to leave the lights off. The gal got the room first. She got ready, went to bed, and turned off the light. The guy arrived to the dark room. He went in and stripped naked. He then jumped in bed and both started going at it. Both of them enjoyed the sex and this made the guy curious what the gal looked like. He then turned on the light to see...

"Daddy!" screamed the gal.

Omfg! Sick, but I found it funny, though! :bump: :type:

That still doesn't put me off on the idea of meeting and falling in love online. ;) It worked for me as you can see! :lol:

VamPyroX said:
There was a man who met this gal online. They chatted online for a long time and got very close. The decided to meet in person for a one-night stand. To keep this like their online relationship, they decided to keep their identities secret. They both agreed meet at a hotel. For what they were going to do, they also agreed to leave the lights off. The gal got the room first. She got ready, went to bed, and turned off the light. The guy arrived to the dark room. He went in and stripped naked. He then jumped in bed and both started going at it. Both of them enjoyed the sex and this made the guy curious what the gal looked like. He then turned on the light to see...

"Daddy!" screamed the gal.
Sicko... but I'm the curious George in here today... did the father decide to divorce his wife and be with his daughter? ROFL sowwy I'm a sick mind today lol

rofl @ cheri story...man im so sorry im crackin up so hard...i have talk to guys online...never met none of them...only 1 person i have yea..we still havin some problems right now...cuz he livin in VA and im livin in chicago...it kinda hard for us now..cuz we both dont want to leave the states...and we both know we love each other alot...it kinda hard...oh well LOVE may be sucks sumtimes

well its almost 6 months... and im going to meet him this weekend... im having dificulty understanding him over the phone as he has a very brawd scottish accent... but w00t should be fun... wish me luck :dance:

In my opinion meeting someone online and develop a relationship is RISK...because someone can fake their own identify and make up stories...I got dumped by one dumb young lady who have no common of sense..and discover later this she was indeed a player :smash: this young lady J------
I was never against having relationship online..but JUST WATCH OUT your back....even some FBI agents can fake themselve and posing as young fresh woman or man for purpose to arrest any seriously sex pervert such as molestor!!!

Yes...Dating online before meeting your mate IRL is always a big risk. As for me, I guess I got lucky because it was done in a reverse order... I met my husband IRL first through my brother, and then we dated online for nine months through ICQ and got married afterwards. It's been almost four years now and we're still happy together. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Meg said:
Where I live, there arent many single deaf deaf guys my age (I'm 36) so I was open to meeting someone from online, if I ever happen to find one I like online. I'd rather give that a gamble than stay home and wait forever for that guy who may never show up at my doorstep LOL

Sure enough, I met a guy I really like on line and we chatted for 4 months online before meeting in RL last month. Our RL meeting went extremely well that we are now in an exclusive relationship. :fruit:

Sure there are many weirdos online but there are many weirdos in my home town too so it takes common sense and cautions to trust someone online. Dating anyone whether it is from online or real life is a risk so its better to take that risk with cautions than never.

I argee! And there aren't that many people who knows sign langune in bismarck, so I have to go online and meet with people who understands me.

I've been in many online relationships, many of them just for fun but I also made some great friends out of the process.... one of them is even planning to come to North Dakota to meet me next month. :)

Kissing a lot of frogs helps you narrow down your quest for that frog who'll turn intio a prince.... and also it helps getting you a lot of froggy friends :)

hey everyone... im alive back and very much in love lol... and when i get the film in my camera developed i'll post some pics...

chris was the perfect gentleman... and his family are lovly... and im expecting good things from this relationship

ive had a few online relationships... but before i meet anyone online i insist on speaking witht hem on the phone (or over the computer) and seeing them on a webcam... ther ae risks with everything nowerdays... and i do think alot of thease risks are heightened by the media

i had an awesome time... and im glad i went :)

i even taught him a little sighn language to :D

Actually my boyfriend Pieter and I have an internet relationship. He lives in London, England and I live in San Francisco, California.
We met back in February at a Yahoo! Christian chatroom. It was strange only bcz I don't go to chatrooms online at all and yet that day, I really REALLY wanted to go on a chatroom. I met him there, we got along REALLY well and added each other to our buddy lists. At first I told him that I had a boyfriend bcz I've been harrassed before by guys on the internet, but we emailed every week and just really connected instantly. So we were really friends first before we realized that we have feelings for one another.
I'm going to meet him in January (I can't wait!) and stay in London for a week. And he is planning on visiting me next summer. We both find it strange that we have such strong feelings for someone we've technically not met yet, but we do. God led us to each other for a reason.
:kiss: :cuddle:

I met and fell in love with an incredible woman online. At first we just chatted a bit and found many coincidences between us. Over the course of about a month and a half, we got to the point where we were chatting constantly and a couple times for 24 hours straight. We decided we had to meet, so went on a little trip. I took her to see her family and some close friends, who pretty much all liked me, and the trip itself was great. After a few days, we admitted strong feelings for each other were stronger than we had thought, and we became quite serious about each other.

Unfortunately, in large part because of the distance between us, and a number of other personal reasons, we have had some problems and are now trying to be just friends. We each have personal issues we need to overcome and I don't think either of us was ready for a relationship when we entered into it, and the situation she was in as well as distance between us didn't help. Our issues also caused problems as her issues fed mine, and I'd freak out over nothing as a result. It got to the point where communication started breaking down, and that's never good.

She is the strongest woman I have ever met, and is a very beautiful person both inside and out, but she has had an extremely rough life and doesn't care enough or believe enough in herself. She says she's over the things that she's had to deal with, but I truly think some of those things are the root of her issues right now. So now we are just friends as she is still in an uncomfortable situation, and neither of us wants to hurt each other as we care for each other very much.

In any case, I am hoping that we can each work out our issues and maybe one day have a try at a normal relationship. I have stronger feelings for her than I ever had for another woman, and it pains me to think that we never have that chance as it seems that we could be so perfect together. We have shared some beautiful things together, but we rushed into things and fell into unhealthy relationship patterns. We share some similar issues, but her situation and past compound her issues, and recently over course of a month, I added to her issues unintentionally because of my own issues. I am on my way to recovery, but I think hers will take longer and be more difficult. I can only hope to be her friend and help her through them. Then maybe we can try again under normal circumstances. For now, all I can do is give her my support from afar as I continue in my own recovery and improving of myself.

Dang, my long email problem carries over to my forum posting....... :eek2:

The only advice I can give to those contemplating online relationships is, take it at slow pace and watch yourselves. Not only because you never know about the other person, but also because long distance relationships can be the most difficult kind.

G.N.G.-ITRFLYVMAAF and I'll be here if you need a friend. :ily:

Last edited:
SimpleMan -- :grouphug: i uddy where u are coming from -- ive been thru some LD relationships and i know thats NOT for me period -- some couples actually can handle LD relationships while others cannot --

problems involving LD relationships can arise -- especially if later found that theyre lying to bf/gf or whatever else that may be the root of the problems -- *smh*

and u are SO correct on ur advice of taking it slow -- i say SUPER slow but damn -- women are my weakness and that is what i think gets me in more trouble than anything else :o

in fact, i do have some expereince in online relationship, it wasn't easy to be a true love. oh boy let me tell you something.
in Jan 1998 I met my ex gf from online, she is from Louisiana and acutally i am from Newfoundland. anyway. We keep always chat on ICQ for a while then tansfer to AIM. She is most incredible lady I ever fell in love, also we already in madly in love. so we already planning to meet each other so we don't know what is best day we should meet somehow I suggest my ex gf to come here for Deaf Canada Conference 2002 in St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. We were so crazy to stay glue like a serious relationship. I thought I feel like to married her so we discuss about to meet again and getting miarried in couple of year from 2002, later on in March 2004 I was in jeopardy because I meet another lady who is hearing and also have CP like me. SHe is so beautuful I ever see in my life. It was not easy for me to break up with her from Louisiana. I knew she will mad with me for leaving her for another lady here in St. John's becuase i thought it was save my neck to spend with lady in same local but now we are not working right now. I lost my love forever becuase she had a new boyfriend. It was broke my heart so hard. I was piss off I should not have a date with CP lady.

right now I have hard time to trust online relationship since I broke up with lady from USA.

Now I have to try and figure out how can stay her friend as after all I have gone through and done for her, she now changes her moving plans again and is going to someone else.

The nice guy finishes last again.

Bullym0m said:
err.. I just met my man on land..
he born raised in London,Ontario.. Mine born raised in Toronto..
I've made decision and move to London,Ontario which the best interest for my 1st son and have new leaf living in London,Ontario. That how I met my man.. become in seriouis relationship....

That's how............ :)

you live in london ontario?? did your son go to robarts school?

I have dated online, the first two ended up disaster. The second one was the worst of ALL I ever deal with. What a crazy woman I ever met. Never again deal with person who have PTSD, and ran away from her home when she was in her early teen. The third one, we met online and she was in Los Angeles, and I am in New yawk. We then met each other 5 1/2 years ago in Los Angeles. I fall love with Los Angeles! I almost moved there BUT, my gf ended up moved with me to NY and we STILL together and own house and have our own kid together.

I have experience with relationship though in person to start with. There are few good and bad relationships, I don't see any difference between offline and online relationship. I had 4 years relationship when we met each other in person.

Back