Online Dating is fake.

Not all dating sites are fake..... but many of them are. I can only suggest that you don't pay for any site, until you've proven that it's not fake. If the dating site doesn't give you any way to view an email or 'hook up with someone' without paying for it, it's either fake, or not worth using. The good dating sites are the real ones, that do allow you some way to hook up with a person you meet there while you are still a trial user, and once you've determined it's for real, then you can join and pay for all the added bonuses of being a full member.

But, if they won't even let you read an uneditted email to you from another person (that such person could send you an IM screename or something) using the service, then IMHO they are deceiptful and only out for your money. If on a site, a girl sends me email with her screenname for a messenger program, I'm able to read it, and then we get to chatting and maybe hook up.... then that would be a site I might pay for the extra benefits and to meet more people, because it would then have proven itself to me.

If I get emails from a dating site (while I am trial member) saying someone is interested in me, has sent me an email, etc... but I can't read it or contact them in any way, then that is a site I won't even think about paying for.

dating/pen pal services and usa/uk

I met my now husband through the friend site called cliquepals, **free services** and we *dated* for close to three years. During those years we met once face to face and stayed together for one week. He is from the UK and I am originally from the USA. He is hearing whilst I am deaf. We have been married for one year now. He thinks the world of me, and I treat him as if he is the last man on the earth. We decided before we got married that he was to learn my sign language, not BSL.
We were email pals for a long time, and we chatted on AIM every day. We were open to each other. We had been waiting for love for so long that when we got together finally we knew we would be together *forever*.
Tamisa :angel:

VamPyroX said:
People shouldn't refer to these online dating services... period.

What's the point of going there? No, I'm not referring to the cost or benefits... cuz nothing ever happens.

We find real dating opportunities in person.

Real dating opportunities in person, not always. I met mine online! :whistle:

Even thought it was not from the dating services but I met Neo online and it's been a bliss since!

Theyre all fed by never ending suply of desperate and horny suckers. Thats why they exist and many are just traffic fronts.

Richard

Nesmuth said:
Theyre all fed by never ending suply of desperate and horny suckers. Thats why they exist and many are just traffic fronts.

Richard
:gpost: Yup, that's pretty much what it is.

My rule about on-line stuff: Seek friendship, not dates--you tend to be more cautious of people who are "just" your friends. (Being desperate causes people to be quite careless.)

loveofwine said:
Real dating opportunities in person, not always. I met mine online! :whistle:

Even thought it was not from the dating services but I met Neo online and it's been a bliss since!
Hmm... I could make a good rebuttal.

But, I'm not gonna go there. ;)

I know what you are talking about. Yes, not every opportunity that you meet a person from online will turn out for the best. Sometimes you will get lucky with that someone on online.

You know what? I could make a rebuttal towards you and I ain't going there.. just yet..

Ah... not always fake, if you know how to select the right person. :)

all online dating is not fake.. i dont agree with that.. u just got to have the patience of meeting someone and go thru process of getting to know each other etc.. but long distance is hard on deafies cuz too many are spread all over usa.. but eventually u will get someone and be happy.. :)

deaf guys here in arkansas sucks.. LOL.. how sad! sigh..

Thats how me and my wife got together 4 years ago. And still going on strong. (No matter what people say &/or think) But there has been so many people I've know met online with someone. They are still together and working out better then they ever have with someone from school, work, around town, etc..So I disagree myself with online dating being fake.

jlfwildkat said:
Thats how me and my wife got together 4 years ago. And still going on strong. (No matter what people say &/or think) But there has been so many people I've know met online with someone. They are still together and working out better then they ever have with someone from school, work, around town, etc..So I disagree myself with online dating being fake.
Then why did you propose to my ex-girlfriend?

pls take this in PM.. this is not place to air personal business, thanks. :iough:

gnulinuxman said:
Then why did you propose to my ex-girlfriend?

It's not necessary to bring the past. It could hurt the friendship, so please move on. You have someone else in your life already... and be happy with her since she is your finance. If, you want to talk about " personal issue " then, please take this to PMland. :)

CyberRed said:
It's not necessary to bring the past. It could hurt the friendship, so please move on. You have someone else in your life already... and be happy with her since she is your finance. If, you want to talk about " personal issue " then, please take this to PMland. :)
Sadly, I no longer have a girlfriend--see the PM I sent you for details of this.

Back on-topic, though, I would never look for dates on-line--just friendship.

I had chatted with one guy for two years before i finally met him.. first few times i met him .. I did liked him until i saw his side of violent temper...I left him right away.... It is not real safe to meet online guys... You all need to be extra careful...
SxyPorkie

VamPyroX said:
:werd:

I think it's nice to meet people online, but only on a chatting basis and nothing more.

I've seen people who meet others online and then become boyfriend/girlfriend without ever having met in person. Some even meet another in person and then become boyfriend/girlfriend after one weekend.

Too fast for me. :nono:

that does applies for me too :whistle: but I learned a hard lesson don't bother to start dating even if u haven't met the person yet! til u meet the person then u can start getting serious from there ;) oh well.. almost 10 years on internet and I basically learned a lesson sometimes some guys will be your friends for lifetime sometimes they rather not want to be in your life for good.. all people make choices and stick with it :)

gnulinuxman said:
Sadly, I no longer have a girlfriend--see the PM I sent you for details of this.

Back on-topic, though, I would never look for dates on-line--just friendship.

Thanks for PM. I done readin' and I am sorry to hear about what happened. But, you know that life is not always fawnin'. I know, believe me ... I've been there and through that. :hug:

Thank God!!! I never trust dating on online period! I am very happy that I met my husband person in 1996. I think it JUNKIE!!! they can meet someone at deaf club , Starbuck coffee or what ever anywhere places. Explain, I like very old fashion meet someone instead dating online.... My husband met me in deaf meeting in building.

EagleCherokee63 said:
Thank God!!! I never trust dating on online period! I am very happy that I met my husband person in 1996. I think it JUNKIE!!! they can meet someone at deaf club , Starbuck coffee or what ever anywhere places. Explain, I like very old fashion meet someone instead dating online.... My husband met me in deaf meeting in building.

Well, you know sometimes it helps people to save their time from lookin' when it comes to online for datin'. Sometimes, people didn't know where to find them to make friends before they start to like someone for relationship. It depends on where they live and how far it is for them to meet. ;)

SxyPorkie said:
I had chatted with one guy for two years before i finally met him.. first few times i met him .. I did liked him until i saw his side of violent temper...I left him right away.... It is not real safe to meet online guys... You all need to be extra careful...
SxyPorkie
Wow, yeah, that can definitely happen, and that's why I don't like online dating. :werd:
EagleCherokee63 said:
Awwww... those stories are so sweet! :)
jlfwildkat said:
WOW!!! He speaks?? What I find so funny about you Dan is you whine and cry to everyone online and blame me for your personal problems.. You say and gotten everyone to believe its all my fault for your problems? WRONG ANSWER!! If you can't own up to your mistakes with her and have to put the blame on other people then you got serious problems. You could have came to me and see what's up. But no you'd rather look for pity and sorrow from other people and people like you make me sick.
:rofl: :laugh2: Thanks for the laugh, Jeremy. I needed a good laugh... :laugh2:

Back