Oldest religion in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
The oldest known religions is paganism and worship of animals and nature. The earliest humans were practicing all of this before the next oldest religions--hinduism and buddhaism--which are being practiced by some of the largest numbers of people today.
The "earliest humans" were Adam and Eve, and they didn't worship animals or nature. They worshipped God.

I believe the very early humans worshipped what they see around them in the natural world.
Adam and Eve communicated directly with God, so they didn't worship the natural world. They worshipped the Creator, not the creation.

When the humans started building civilizations, thats when the religions became more sophiscated and more legalistic plus started moving away from the natural world to imaginary gods and beliefs....
That's when the worship of God became perverted, and people began to create false religions.

The "earliest humans" were Adam and Eve, and they didn't worship animals or nature. They worshipped God.

Oh really? Stop making things up, Reba, it's unbecoming of you.

Hinduism is the oldest religion still being practiced. It's over 20,000 years old.

20,000 years?! Don't make me :rofl:! No way!!!

The world population would be way over a trillion or more by today from 20,000 yrs. ago like Hinduism claimed so. They're just a fraud religion.

It's eventually about 6.5 billion people in this world popluation now. It's an irrefutable fact. So that 6.5b figure is, in fact, a mathematically possibilty and accurate starting from Noah's Ark time around 4,500 years ago.

So therefore you ought go back to the math and history classes and rethink about Hinduism's claims again, Teresh.

Oh really? Stop making things up, Reba, it's unbecoming of you.

This one ought to place a greasy soap into your mouth, Teresh! Why? Read my last post just above.

Also start to respect Reba and others no matter if you agree or not agree with.

Tell you truth that you never change here so that is the reason you are the same old crap who thinks always right from what I have read in the past.

Yes, there is. Hinduism is practiced predominantly in India, right? Hindu religious symbols and avatars have been found by archaeologists in India from as far back as 20,000 years ago. The religion could be even older than that, though we've no proof.

I had thought Hinduism was about 6,000 years old but then you learn something new everyday.

I had thought Hinduism was about 6,000 years old but then you learn something new everyday.

Yep, I have heard that they claimed that it's the oldest religion. Only the real problems are caused by the carbon dating tests done by the scientists that led to the confusion in general.

That's why many dinosaur scientists and archeologists proclaimed that they existed back million years ago or whatever, but actually those carbon datings aren't accurate at best. So the archeologists depended on the carbon datings to tell its ages was why.

That's what I later learned about them not long ago. We thought that it was relatively true but not so after some more discoveries made that made those carbon datings unrevealed and flaw. (long story)

Hi everyone, I have read all your message. Anyway, there is no proof about 20,000 yrs ago. Nobody know what happen to them in 20,000 yrs ago. Its doesn't matter which religious is the oldest. Sorry I don't believe Adam and Eve either.. They say we were monkey and then became human evolution. But, the monkey is still here. Anyway we were born on earth and we breath in air. We sleep, we tired , we angry, we happy and we cried. We walk and we play and we see sky blue. Everybody have different belief. I believes we are just human being.

Star

Guess

I Guess Maybe Around 7,500 Year Ago Of Start Noah Ark Time... I Dont Think So Not 20,000year Ago No Way...

I Guess Maybe Around 7,500 Year Ago Of Start Noah Ark Time... I Dont Think So Not 20,000year Ago No Way...

I'm sorry that you're ignorant. Too bad. You're still wrong.

Hinduism has existed for more than 20,000 years, regardless of whether you like it or not.

Noah Ark is just like fairy tales story. Never believes it. I have heard this story so many time. It just like fairy tales. There is no right and wrong. Nobody is right and wrong. Everyone have different believes. Its feel like brainwashes. There are so many religions around the world. It is doesn't matter how old are they.

I'm sorry that you're ignorant. Too bad. You're still wrong.

Hinduism has existed for more than 20,000 years, regardless of whether you like it or not.
Origins

The roots of Hinduism date from around 5000–3000 BCE. The earliest evidence for elements of the Hindu faith is sometimes claimed to date back as far as 5000 BCE[91] , though the beliefs and practices of pre-classical era (1500-500 BCE) are more accurately termed, "Vedic religion." Fully-formed Hinduism did not emerge until these Vedic traditions interacted with the shramanical movements of Buddhism and Jainism.[92] The synthesis of Vedic ritual and pantheon with the non-violent and gnostic traditions of the shramanas yielded the complex we know today as "Hinduism."
From the perspective of a believing Hindu, however, the Sanātana Dharma propounds eternal and universal principles with no beginning or end. According to the Purāṇas, Kṛṣṇa spoke the Bhagavad-Gita on the battlefield of Kurukshetra in 3102 B.C.; just prior to the commencement of the Mahabharata war.[93] Krishna's incarnation was preceded by Rāma’s in the Tretā Yuga according to the Rāmāyaṇa Epic. Many Hindus believe that their religious tradition was fully formed by the time of Rāma, the seventh incarnation of Lord Viṣṇu. The Aryan invasion theory dates the roots of Hinduism to about 1500-500 BCE, based on linguistic and literary data from the Rigveda, believed to be composed from around the mid 2nd millennium BCE, while recent archaeological evidence points to the possibility that Vedic culture was possibly created more than a millennia earlier, leading to the Out of India theory. [94][95]
Hinduism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also:
History of Hinduism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thats is more realitic estimates of how old Hinduism is. Teresh said its 20,000 years old but I have not heard any evidence of Hindiusm going that far back. I am sure certain beliefs and stories from Hinduism goes that far back but not as a religion it is today.

Noah Ark is just like fairy tales story. Never believes it. I have heard this story so many time. It just like fairy tales. There is no right and wrong. Nobody is right and wrong. Everyone have different believes. Its feel like brainwashes. There are so many religions around the world. It is doesn't matter how old are they.
YOU KNOW WELL I DONT KNOW WHEN WHAT HOW AGE?

You know, I might agree if someone just simply said "Adam and Eve were the first identified Jews" and leave it at that. I wish we didn't have this need to confuse the origin of one religion with the origins of all biology.
YES THIS FIRST ADAM AND EVE WERE THE BORN.. YOU ARE RIGHT ADAM AND EVE OF FULL BLOOD JEW.....

YES THIS FIRST ADAM AND EVE WERE THE BORN.. YOU ARE RIGHT ADAM AND EVE OF FULL BLOOD JEW.....

Adam and Eve weren't Jews. Jewish tradition holds that Abraham and Sarah were the first Jews, not anyone before them.

You know, I might agree if someone just simply said "Adam and Eve were the first identified Jews" and leave it at that....
But that would be incorrect. Adam and Eve were the first humans of all mankind. God's covenant was for the offspring of Abraham and Sarah. Later, those descendents were called Jews.

Genesis 17:19
And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.

Reba and teresh is right. Adam and Eve are not jews, jews start with Abraham and Sarah.

You know, I might agree if someone just simply said "Adam and Eve were the first identified Jews" and leave it at that. I wish we didn't have this need to confuse the origin of one religion with the origins of all biology.

No, they're not first identified Jews.

God never made the Earth. I know who made the Earth, Earth's waters, Earth's atmosphere, rocks and others. By the meteorites, asteroids and comets gave the Earth a life of the spirit.

God never made the Earth. I know who made the Earth, Earth's waters, Earth's atmosphere, rocks and others. By the meteorites, asteroids and comets gave the Earth a life of the spirit.
Who made the meteorites, asteroids, and comets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back