Oldest religion in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reba said:
The sin nature (tendency towards sinning) is in the man's seed (sperm), and has been passed down, generation to generation thru human conception. That is the reason Jesus didn't have the sin nature because there was no human sperm involved in His conception.

Thank you, Reba. I tried to find a verse explaining and correcting to my last comment but couldn't find it. I then recall about the sin nature and of sperm after your post.

Ooga booga, ooga booga. Ooga boo.
Does that help as well?

Beowulf said:
Sounds rather Satanic, doesn't it?
;)
Satan took the ritual of sacrifice that God ordained and perverted it. God set up very specific rules for sacrifice, and thru Satan's influence and man's disobedience, the rules were broken.

For example, God punished people for sacrificing without blood (Genesis 4:3-5), to false gods/idols (Exodus 32), burning children for sacrifices (Leviticus 18:21, 20:1-5), or making sacrifices without the priest (1 Samuel 13:8-14). Those people were NOT following God's rules for sacrifice.

Also, any sacrifices done after the sacrifice of Jesus are disobedience. Jesus was the final sacrifice.

Reba said:
For example, God punished people for sacrificing without blood (Genesis 4:3-5)
QUOTE]

The NERVE of those people!
;)

Beowulf said:
Reba said:
For example, God punished people for sacrificing without blood (Genesis 4:3-5)
QUOTE]

The NERVE of those people!
;)

You only mock .. whenever you mock, you actually mock yourself especially God.

Respect others whatever they believe in. So debate with respect, please ok.

Humor is an alien concept to you?

Nope, I wasn't mocking on purpose.
Reba is one of my favorites but she knows I like to push her buttons to keep her on her toes.
;)

Beowulf said:
Reba is one of my favorites but she knows I like to push her buttons to keep her on her toes.
;)

Oh I see. lol

Beowulf said:
;)

I think Reba is awesome. She's very polite to me and I appreciate that. I have a lot of respect for her.

web730 said:
Didn't the Word of God say sins in your blood?

Let me ask this...do YOU think YOUR sins are physically transported in your blood like a cell you have no personal control over?

If you were to ask me where sin resides in the body, as if such a concept could have a physical location, it resides in the brain.

Either way - YOU weren't talking about sin to begin with, you were talking about genetics. Your genes came 50% from your mother and 50% from your father carried on the ova and sperm respectively.

It seems entiely clear to me that when we talk about sin being in the "seed of man" is not a literal seed (sperm and ova) but a metaphoric "seed" which means that each of us humans has in us the capacity for great sin or great evil if you will (just because of being human), and that it is by accepting the spiritual guidance of a loving higher power that we are able not to act on this part of ourselves - or act on it less in any case.

Last edited:
MorriganTait said:
Let me ask this...do YOU think YOUR sins are physically transported in your blood like a cell you have no personal control over?

Actually, I found out that I was wrong on this one. Read Reba's post #78 that corrected it for me.
Also read my post #80 that concludes.

MorriganTait said:

If you were to ask me where sin resides in the body, as if such a concept could have a physical location, it resides in the brain.

No. I didn't say that we cause sin by our blood or genes in the first place.

Your and our minds cause these sins.

I really meant that once Adam and Eve orginated sins that caused their ascendents (all of us except Jesus) to experience good and evil thus sinning.

MorriganTait said:
It seems entiely clear to me that when we talk about sin being in the "seed of man" is not a literal seed (sperm and ova) but a metaphoric "seed"...

Seed of man = sperm

MorriganTait said:
... Your genes came 50% from your mother and 50% from your father carried on the ova and sperm respectively.

It seems entiely clear to me that when we talk about sin being in the "seed of man" is not a literal seed (sperm and ova) but a metaphoric "seed" which means that each of us humans has in us the capacity for great sin or great evil if you will (just because of being human), and that it is by accepting the spiritual guidance of a loving higher power that we are able not to act on this part of ourselves - or act on it less in any case.
I believe that the sin nature IS passed down the line thru "the seed of man". That is why Jesus did NOT have the sin nature because there was no human sperm involved in His conception.

That is just the sin nature (tendency). We are each stuck with that. We can feed it (with negative, bad influences) which will strengthen it, or we can starve it (stay away from bad influences) which will weaken it. A saved person will also have the presence of the Holy Spirit within. The stronger that the Spirit is, the weaker will be the sin nature. Feed the Holy Spirit (with Bible study, prayer, fellowshipping with other Christians, service to the Lord, obedience to His Word), and the Spirit will grow stronger. Starve the Holy Spirit (don't read the Bible, don't pray, don't go to church, don't serve the Lord, don't obey), and the Spirit's influence will be weaker.

The inborn sin nature is NOT the actual conscious commission of sins. That is part of individual free will. It is the tendency and desires for sinful thoughts and actions. Dwelling on those thoughts and acting on them become the actual sins.

Sin is a spiritual death from God's righteousness. .

Romans 8:10 But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness.

So being spiritually dead without Christ, we listen to our selfish desire to sin. . But with Christ in us, the Holy Spirit helps us to live right. .

We will always have a spiritual battle within ourselves where one part of us want to do right before God and another part of us wants to sin. . Now with Christ in us, we become aware and see how much under sin's control we have been. Christ is the way to help us recognize our sins and help us make decisions to follow Him.

Reba said:
I believe that the sin nature IS passed down the line thru "the seed of man". That is why Jesus did NOT have the sin nature because there was no human sperm involved in His conception.

Then show us where in the sperm sin is. If it's in the genes, show how it is encoded and how it causes us to sin.

I don't see why the sin nature cannot be in the human spirit itself--the intangible part.

Or if not in an intangible part, then why could we not say that the finiteness of the brain has something to do with our tendency towards sin? Especially when one considers how disrupted our connection to God has become (which diminishes our ability to compensate for our physical limits).

web730 said:
What do you expect from those skeptics and athiests? I even don't bother to go to their websites only because they are anti-christians and skeptics. Ofc, ... what else do yo expect?

They are NOT believers that don't give God's Word (Bible) much a thought or research for its truths.

Sure, I know of some of them who read Christian web sites, so why not read some of theirs too? Not all of them do, but some do. I know of Christians who read such sites. Don't stereotype skeptics and atheists.

I also know of people who did research on the bible and read stuff, including Christian stuff about it, and decided that they couldn't believe it. I am one of them, yet I read stuff written by Christians and go to bible study to learn more about what's in the bible and what Christians say about it.

By the way God didn't have to tell you and us everything but only necessarities. If so, there cannot be a book fittable to gather all this that gigantic information. It would be much useless. Or say it better ... the Library of Congress won't be able to fit all that, either.

How do you know if there really is such an amount of information if it haven't been put into the bible?

Adam and Eve may have had more than 3 children actually. Adam and Eve lived many, many, many years like around 900 years. Therefore they must have known their 30 generations (thousands of grandkids) or something like that.

Remember that .. and yes, they did interbreed only in the earliest era. Their blood was so much fresher and stronger. Evil whacked all that up and shorten the human lifespans. It's in your blood and all ours as well.

Explain how we could tell the difference between fresher and stronger blood and other blood by looking at the blood itself. What quality of blood is different in fresh, strong blood and how is it quantified? How does this thing called evil make the blood weaker and shorten lifespans? It looks like a metaphor to me.

RedFox said:
...How do you know if there really is such an amount of information if it haven't been put into the bible?
John 21:25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

RedFox said:
Then show us where in the sperm sin is. If it's in the genes, show how it is encoded and how it causes us to sin.
I'm not a geneticist, so I don't know "how" it's encoded. For that matter, even the scientists don't know everything about genetics either. Also, I said that it is the tendency to sin, not that it causes people to sin. Adam and Eve committed their first sin without an inborn sin nature, so it isn't the nature that causes sin. The sin nature just encourages sinful desires. Each person either gives in to that desire or doesn't.

Reba said:
I'm not a geneticist, so I don't know "how" it's encoded.

I am sorry, but you seem to be kind of digging yourself a hole here. I think, if we try to see the concept of "sinful nature" being in the "seed of man" as more of a metaphor, what we can accept is that each human being has the capacity for harmful, evil behavior just because we are human. It is part of who we are, just as we have the capacity for sentient thought, compassion, kindness, love, etc. - that each of these are traits are simply aspects of what it is to be a human being. They have, in fact, isolated genes which predispose us to violence, extreme anger, alcoholism, and other negative or sinful traits. Not each person has each gene, but it seems prety much a part of human biology that we are capable of great evil. But of course, especially as adults, we have a choice as to whether we act on that or not.

For me, I can accept this as a case of science affirming Biblical statements, though science tries to remain neutral on labelling any gene as a "sin" gene - this would be where science would choose not to enter into the specific theology.

Incidentally, I am not locating any specific verses where sinful nature is described as being passed down on a "seed". Do you have and chapter/verse references I can look into? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back