Old Testament vs New Testament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should we talk :topic: here? Yes, I do realized that we made :topic: posts here so it's time that we have to stick this thread here over OT and NT.

Can you paste your post from here over your thread?
I tried to start a new thread on this topic but somehow it continues over here. If you want to post your reply at the other thread, that's fine with me.

All the Jews knew the OT before the NT was written. Jesus often quoted from the OT, and His Jewish listeners understood His references. Even many non-Jews new the OT. Example: the wise men who followed the star to Jesus; they weren't Jews but they knew the prophecies of the OT.

Jesus commissioned His apostles to spread the good news of the Gospel, and to teach His words. Their focus was what we call the NT. That doesn't mean ignore the OT, or make it less important. But not as many people knew about Jesus and Christian life at that time, so that was the apostles' goal, to spread that news. It wasn't their responsibility to spread the OT.

Yes, that's exactly what I tried to explain to Cheri.

It's Jesus who got his apostles to aware about OT and get them to spread OT and NT to the world. OT is about God and NT is about Jesus. Image, if Jesus didn't expose his apostles about OT and then NT then we would never know their history. It's what I am trying to explain accord PYUO's question.

It's Jesus who got his apostles to aware about OT and get them to spread OT and NT to the world. OT is about God and NT is about Jesus. Image, if Jesus didn't expose his apostles about OT and then NT then we would never know their history. It's what I am trying to explain accord PYUO's question.

Correctly. ;)

That's not what I said.

The apostles of Jesus were already aware of the OT. All Jews were aware of the OT. The apostles didn't need to spread the OT. Jesus didn't need to expose His apostles to the OT. They grew up with the OT. They heard the OT since they were babies. All Jews, and some Gentiles, knew about the OT.

That's not what I said.

The apostles of Jesus were already aware of the OT. All Jews were aware of the OT. The apostles didn't need to spread the OT. Jesus didn't need to expose His apostles to the OT. They grew up with the OT. They heard the OT since they were babies. All Jews, and some Gentiles, knew about the OT.

Yes I know but I beleive that Jesus made sure that his apostles spread OT out to the world. If Jesus didn't make sure that Jews would not bother to expose OT to the world.

Yeah, for 4 days, I will die. According to the science.

Now back to the topic...

So, I wonder what if the New Testament don't exist? We will go back to the old world with only the Old Testament. I wonder? I mean what if it was this today, we will be in chaos.

Yes we will be in chaos if NT doesnt exist. Only the Jews would be God's people... anyone outside would be treated like dogs... dirty gentiles...

but glad that it is not that way today. Today anyone can be God's child.

Yes we will be in chaos if NT doesnt exist. Only the Jews would be God's people... anyone outside would be treated like dogs... dirty gentiles...

but glad that it is not that way today. Today anyone can be God's child.

Yeah we are very lucky that we have the New Testament existed to beat over the Old Testament.

Yes I know but I beleive that Jesus made sure that his apostles spread OT out to the world. If Jesus didn't make sure that Jews would not bother to expose OT to the world.
No, Jesus didn't tell His apostles to spread the OT to the world. He told them to spread the Gospel, not the OT.

Mark 13:10
And the gospel must first be published among all nations.

Mark 16:15
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Luke 9:6
And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.

That's bad that you can't open your mind to see the logic.

:confused: It has nothing to do with opening my mind, I just did not understand what you were trying to say. If you want to be harsh about it, that's fine with me. Good Lord.

Then why have more people died in the name of "god" than for any other reason?

Then why non believers kill the believers to make them prove if they die if there is God or no God? Not only people died for name of God. There are lot of people been murdered, humongous, and also missing, none is religious relating also.

I can't remember the last time Atheists started a war, commited a hate crime, or discriminated against someone because they are different.

I can't remember the last time Atheists started a war, commited a hate crime, or discriminated against someone because they are different.

What make you think they are not atheist? There are many don't believe in God killed people. Will news will say " Athiest kill...."? No they will not, except famous well know atheist, just like if Jerry Falwell for example killed someone, will expose. But like people you and me, will not say, Xentar who is an athiest killed... or Christlovedeaf who is a christian killed... You know what I mean. That is why, there is so much loopholes about it and take a blame on religion itself.

I guess the whole Cold War era never happened. Stalin, Mao, and all their lesser stars are off the hook. Christians and Jews thrown into prison camps in Siberia didn't happen. Church buildings destroyed or "converted" into museums in communist countries, didn't happen. Mao's "cultural" warriors didn't slaughter people who were "different".

Or is it just YOU that can't remember?

You're not understanding the point I'm bringing out. Let me clarify for you.

Do atheists kill people? Yes.
Do christians kill people? Yes.

Do athiests kill other people because of other people's belief clashes with theirs? No.
Do christians kill other people because of other people's belief clashes with theirs? Yes.

Do atheists start wars that kills thousands or millions of people because they don't share the same 'belief'? No.
Do religious people start wars that kills thousands or millions of people because they don't share the same 'belief'? Yes.

We're talking about different beliefs and how it starts wars. Not random killing that has nothing to do with religion.

Do athiests kill other people because of other people's belief clashes with theirs? No.
Do christians kill other people because of other people's belief clashes with theirs? Yes.

Do atheists start wars that kills thousands or millions of people because they don't share the same 'belief'? No.
Do religious people start wars that kills thousands or millions of people because they don't share the same 'belief'? Yes.

We're talking about different beliefs and how it starts wars. Not random killing that has nothing to do with religion.
Reba just mentioned. Your POV is incorrect

I guess the whole Cold War era never happened. Stalin, Mao, and all their lesser stars are off the hook. Christians and Jews thrown into prison camps in Siberia didn't happen. Church buildings destroyed or "converted" into museums in communist countries, didn't happen. Mao's "cultural" warriors didn't slaughter people who were "different".

Or is it just YOU that can't remember?

Individual atheists may do evil things but they don't do evil things in the name of atheism.

Stalin did extremely evil things, in the name of, respectively, dogmatic and doctrinaire Marxism, and an insane and unscientific eugenics theory tinged with sub-Wagnerian ravings.

Religious wars really are fought in the name of religion, and they have been horribly frequent in history.

I cannot think of any war that has been fought in the name of atheism.

Yes Atheists did kill those who did not believe the same way as they did... You didnt know that? Probably those atheists refused to admit that...

But the atheist had better sense not to start a war... theyre outnumbered. thats why they didnt start a war.

Anyone know why Soviet Union invaded a religious country named Afghanistain? Soviet Union also invaded many small countries and assumed them as her own. ummmm

China government outlawed religion in Tibet and slaughtered how many in the name of atheistic communism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back