Old deaf ranters

Status
Not open for further replies.

aweet_princess198925

Reaction score
Get over issues and taking it out on people who want to be interpreters or just want to learn. Omg I have never seen so much negativity ever. Who just wants to be an ugly person all day every day would it kill you to be nice to anyone. Someone wants deaf friends cause they are studying to be an interpreter what is the problem with that. That is actually very normal just like when someone wants to be a Spanish interpreter they make Spanish friends so they can learn it more naturally. When a language is taught in a class it takes away the naturalism of the language. So making friends and learning makes it a little more authentic. But so make fun of it buy saying you are looking for a rich friend so they can help out a poor deafie is childish and snobbish. I sware smh I know what to think of the deaf community now.

You aren't exactly making efforts to make friends when you title a thread Old Deaf Ranters. There is a real distinction between early deafened and late deafened in terms of coping. I was born deaf, I'm 44 so I don't consider myself old, but I did have a horrible childhood coping in the mainstreamed school system. So did many others. It has nothing to do with you. There is a phrase I see often "be kind to others for they are facing a battle you know nothing about." This is not exclusive by any means to the d/Deaf. The point is that you cannot possibly begin to understand the hardships we faced back then, and still do today. Same as we can't begin to understand your hardships as a late deafened person. It would be kinder of you, and a lesson learned, to accept comments and experiences.

After nearly 6 years working dealing with calling center from ALL walks of life(Does not matter who the person it might be, pretty much anyone) . I see serious misunderstanding between Deaf and Hearing too often. In fact, often when I deal with hearing people trying to help Deaf, and Deaf actually pushed away only to make situation worse, then Deaf blamed on hearing. Sometimes behind my mind, I was like WTF?

Don't get me wrong, I am Deaf by birth, and I am almost ready to become qualified for AARP membership so you could figure out my age. I have nothing against Deaf, but I just SMH when Deaf get the wrong idea.

What I see as major barrier between Deaf and Hearing is just misunderstanding, often that result in negative consequence and result more resentment from Hearing toward to Deaf... and vice versa. Yes, I have seen it happened... damage done.

I have mentored hearing person in the past, that person now is professional terp and was demanded for concert and other events because that person was damn good. I would do again, with right person. My door is open, once right person walks in we get from there. Why right person, it depends on why contact me, if just for doing assignment... forget it.

I understand both sides,sometimes it appears deaf person rude but not the case deaf can be blunt (remember jesus was blunt)you get deaf arseholes and hearing arseholes.
don't take it so seriously,i had lot of flack but you get use to peoples styles and just move on...

:wave: Nope- typed it in before I saw some other threads and realized that the LIKE was back-

Oh I have definitely tried to make friends and have posted I'm looking for friends. I have met some good people on here. But I hate seeing others "hearies" get attacked for no reason. I am a defender my birth. I joined the military cause I have an instinct to protect even a stranger. I never just attack someone until I since something is hostile even verbally.

I have said in ever debate that I understand the mistreatment that deaf born people had in the hearing world growing up and u feel for the pain and mental abuse they went through. But at the same time doesn't give a right to be nasty to a person that obviously wasn't there nor treats any deafie that way.

Yes I am a late deafie and I am who I am. Doesn't mean I am not going through a hard time myself with depression and separation from the life I knew. So to belittle the fact that since I'm new to this world so I don't know of the struggle is wrong it's just that my struggle is different but still is hard at the same time.

The point oh this post was that there are so many older deafies that treat it as if only a deaf person should know Asl or be apart of this world and any hearie that comes along they just rant and be so deliberately rude for no reason. Since when is someone trying to reach out and go out of their norm to understand this world when they are not forced to. And then pick on their choice of word to start a argument.

You aren't exactly making efforts to make friends when you title a thread Old Deaf Ranters. There is a real distinction between early deafened and late deafened in terms of coping. I was born deaf, I'm 44 so I don't consider myself old, but I did have a horrible childhood coping in the mainstreamed school system. So did many others. It has nothing to do with you. There is a phrase I see often "be kind to others for they are facing a battle you know nothing about." This is not exclusive by any means to the d/Deaf. The point is that you cannot possibly begin to understand the hardships we faced back then, and still do today. Same as we can't begin to understand your hardships as a late deafened person. It would be kinder of you, and a lesson learned, to accept comments and experiences.

I do accept the comments but when you tell me what I am going through doesn't cousin t for anything or matter then I can lash back out. How can someone say "oh you lost your career oh well". A career is how you live and survive that's all I had then next nothing. I was homeless on the street for 2 years and I couldn't cope at all since I couldn't understand what to do next. So to belittle it cause it happen to me later in life is selfish and inconsiderate.

And I did say that. That we can't begin to understand the struggles of a late deafened person, especially if we are early deafened. There's two very separate coping mechanisms there. I think you were getting picked on in other threads because you talked about how you understood early deafened "because you knew of a few" but frankly, you just don't. Same as we don't know what it's like for you. We can accept your comments and experiences for the struggles you've faced, and of other late deafened on this forum, but you need to do the same for us instead of calling us old deaf Ranters. There. I'm done with your posts.

And I did say that. That we can't begin to understand the struggles of a late deafened person, especially if we are early deafened. There's two very separate coping mechanisms there. I think you were getting picked on in other threads because you talked about how you understood early deafened "because you knew of a few" but frankly, you just don't. Same as we don't know what it's like for you. We can accept your comments and experiences for the struggles you've faced, and of other late deafened on this forum, but you need to do the same for us instead of calling us old deaf Ranters. There. I'm done with your posts.

I wasn't mean you personally there is one person that this post was meant for cause on every hearing person that has been on here this one person has a rant on there post every single time. It's looking sort of bullish after awhile. And I never said I understood the struggle on a personal level I said I understood it was wrong for how a person born deaf was treated just like I understand slavery was wrong even though I wasn't there. My deaf friends I have back home didn't have a hard time growing up at all. So they can't even understand personally.

If there is one person specifically, you should have PM'd that person instead of making an Old Deaf Ranters thread.

I'm just trying to understand why anyone wants to hold anger on someone they don't no at all. And I'm sure their are other deafies that feel the same as this person so I want all views.

I am old , I am deaf, I like to rant sometimes. So, what's up?

I'm just trying to understand why anyone wants to hold anger on someone they don't no at all. And I'm sure their are other deafies that feel the same as this person so I want all views.

It's very hard for me to made any comments when I have no idea who you're talking about. I may not have any issues with this person you're talking about. This is an personal issues between you and member 'X' and it's not right for you to expect us to gain up member 'X" . This like asking us to beat up someone b/c you do not like them.

No I'm saying in general what is the point of holding on to judgement of hearies or what is the point if keeping the two worlds separated. I use to study human behavior theories.

I want to understand how can a group of people want to be accepted in society like any other being and not be treated or looked at as less than but at the same time want to be separated from the society as a whole. At what point do you let go not forget but let go. I'm 25 and what if I wasn't HoH but I never looked down or less than of a deaf person but I treated them as an equal why have a problem with me? I don't speak for all hearies or deafies but there are some who wonder the same based on my PMs I'm receiving.

I am old , I am deaf, I like to rant sometimes. So, what's up?

Sometimes is different than actively making it a habit to rant on the same type of individuals that have an interest or a goal of making a difference. I never said ranting is bad cause we all do it but it's the point where it looks like a constant attack.

Sometimes is different than actively making it a habit to rant on the same type of individuals that have an interest or a goal of making a difference. I never said ranting is bad cause we all do it but it's the point where it looks like a constant attack.

Sometime I think you are here just to hear yourself talk......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back