Oil change

DeafPenPal

Reaction score
Which auto repair shop do you go for oil change and how much it is now compare to last year or two years ago.

I go to Meineke for oil change on my car and it costs me $34 which is $10 more compared to last year. Two years ago it was $19.

my mom went change oil every 2 months at mccain lube near walmart and gas shop in NLR,Ar my mom always do that and low prices but im not sure how much price would be!

My hubby do the oil changes but in the winter time we'll take them to shop (probably only once) because we only have 1 car garage...we wanted 3 car garage or a barn..oh well...someday who know! :)

Sometimes I change my oil when I have time, but since I'm working more hours, I don't have much time, so I take it to dealer oil change and have them do routine check up such as top off other fluids. Costs me $29.95 which is not bad.

I changes oil on both SUVs whenever it reaches 3,500 mi. It's just a 30 min routine for me on one SUV. I spends $15 to $20 on oil and filter for one SUV.

we only have 1 car garage...we wanted 3 car garage or a barn..oh well...someday who know! :)

I got what you wished for! I own 4 bedroom, 3 car garage home. :lol:

Catty

Everyone who drive highway and country road and change 3k milesage each then RIP OFF! Should be 4-5k each for highway and 3k for city.

I always change the oil by myself each 4-5k and no problem since. My car is over 140k mileage now.

I changes oil on both SUVs whenever it reaches 3,500 mi. It's just a 30 min routine for me on one SUV. I spends $15 to $20 on oil and filter for one SUV.

Catty

30 min? Let me guess, You still need lift the suv for change the oil?

Everyone who drive highway and country road and change 3k milesage each then RIP OFF! Should be 4-5k each for highway and 3k for city.

I always change the oil by myself each 4-5k and no problem since. My car is over 140k mileage now.

Yup, same here, sit down at service is so boring, it took 1 hour for me to wait because of too many consumers.

Not feel like to go here until 5,000 miles.

Catty

3,500 miles? rip off.. check your owners manual to see what they recommed... my 2005 Jetta TDI gets its oil changed every 10,000 miles per manual

the jiffy lube / grease monkey quick lubes want you to think they need be changed every 3000 miles = more profits for them. oils have improved since old days 3000 mile oil change is no longer the rule...

3,500 miles? rip off.. check your owners manual to see what they recommed... my 2005 Jetta TDI gets its oil changed every 10,000 miles per manual

the jiffy lube / grease monkey quick lubes want you to think they need be changed every 3000 miles = more profits for them. oils have improved since old days 3000 mile oil change is no longer the rule...

Yup, I agreed.

ah now new thing about oil change mileage compare old time and today!

taht nice!

30 min? Let me guess, You still need lift the suv for change the oil?

Remmy Jeep Libery and Dodge Durango is high enuf to crawl under without jack.
I didn't jack up both SUV, both have big tires tho.
I know some SUV are not high enuf to do oil change job without jack.

MX575:

It's not rip off. My manual on both SUV says 3,500 miles oil change but I can go up to 7,000 miles before oil change. I simply change often cuz I drive in city a lot. Keep engine internal parts last longer. Your SUV have different bearings and oil viscosity allow you to change oil every 10,000 miles. I wish both of my SUVs do that.

Catty

My Jeep Cherokee: 3 - 4,000 miles (10W30)

Hubby's Jeep Commander: 6,000 miles (full synthetic 5W20)

Hubby's Chevy G-3500 van: every 30 days (5W30)

Hubby does all oil changes himself.

Remmy Jeep Libery and Dodge Durango is high enuf to crawl under without jack.
I didn't jack up both SUV, both have big tires tho.
I know some SUV are not high enuf to do oil change job without jack.

Catty

Then why it take 30 minutes. :wtf:

I does oil change for my tiny car under 10 minutes.

Then why it take 30 minutes. :wtf:

I does oil change for my tiny car under 10 minutes.

Simple answer, bigger engine...more labor. A typical 8 cylinder engine needs like 6-8 quarts of oil while a 4 cylinder needs less than 5 quarts.

Back