Ohio Town To Homeowners: Mow Lawn Or Face Jail

That is not the point.
It is still a civil violation.
It is NOT a criminal violation.

To be send to jail doesn't always mean criminal violation, even when you write one bad check, you can be send to jail up to 6 months for that. You can be send to jail on a traffic violations, probation violation, many other violations. People can be in jail for numerous things. It doesn't always have to be a criminal violation. People can be charge on a misdemeanor nor felony and still be send to jail. You should know that.

To be send to jail doesn't always mean criminal violation, even when you write one bad check, you can be send to jail up to 6 months for that. You can be send to jail on a traffic violations, probation violation, many other violations. People can be in jail for numerous things. It doesn't always have to be a criminal violation. People can be charge on a misdemeanor nor felony and still be send to jail. You should know that.

Um, if you're being sent to jail, it is (usually) a criminal violation.
You are comparing apples and oranges.

Civil infractions (violations) VERY SELDOM involve jail time. (and I can't think of any offhand that automatically do) And the maximum (by federal law) is five days.

They may LEAD TO jail time, if the penalty for it is defaulted, which would be a SEPARATE offense.

And yes, while they are calling high grass a misdemeanor, they should not be. (because for all intents and purposes, it isn't one) Perhaps I was not very clear.

If you are going to jail for more than a few days, it is a misdemeanor or a felony, which are criminal, and not civil. A civil violation is a whole different class.

Whatever jenni-m, I'm not going to sit and argue about it, If you have a problem with how it is done, then take your complains up to them, not to me. Have a good day. :P

Whatever jenni-m, I'm not going to sit and argue about it, If you have a problem with how it is done, then take your complains up to them, not to me. Have a good day. :P

Alright... well, no harm intended from my end, maybe I take things a little to seriously.

Sorry if I bothered you.

Alright... well, no harm intended from my end, maybe I take things a little to seriously.

Sorry if I bothered you.

No, No It's no bothered. You are perfectly entitled to your opinion. I just don't want to comment on this anymore, Further. :)

I have to agree with this law in a way. I have seen many locations of homeowners who neglect to care for their lawn. It's nasty, and it gets nasty because they get lazy. It shouldn't be a crazy law if you just mow your lawn and keep it tidy. If it is left unenforced, then who is going to take care of the community cleanliness? Be proud that you got a community that cares to enforce your area to be beautiful.

What if your handicapped like me and you cant go in the
sun its too hot and make you sick?

Mow at night?

Would you guys like to see old, ugly cars and trash on a property next to you?

I know I wouldn't... I don't want snakes, rodents, bees, wasps, etc. close to me.

Grown grasses/weeds and such are attractive to these animals and insects.

Right, whatever it takes to clean up their neighborhoods and their city...

I have to agree with this law in a way. I have seen many locations of homeowners who neglect to care for their lawn. It's nasty, and it gets nasty because they get lazy. It shouldn't be a crazy law if you just mow your lawn and keep it tidy. If it is left unenforced, then who is going to take care of the community cleanliness? Be proud that you got a community that cares to enforce your area to be beautiful.

:gpost:

:giggle:I wish we had that law here so my hubby can mow the grass more often instead of letting it grow and grow making my house look like shit!

I actually think this is a good law. I worked my butt off keeping my lawn neat and well-maintained...but it is moot if the two neighbors next to my house don't bother keeping up their yard.

Also, the property value of the home/land can be decreased if the neighborhood looks trashy. My aunt bought a brand new house for $350,000 (which in a small town in Arkansas, that's pretty good) - and she never got to live in it (long and unnecessary story about why) - so she tried to sell it. However her neighbor all of sudden decided to have a scrape yard (auto parts). Result? Her home devalued...to almost $95,000. :(

I have to agree..my neighbors all are very diligent about taking care of their lawn so it is embarassing when my lawn looks crappy when my hubby proscinates about mowing it. I had to order him to do it on Tuesday.

I still think it's overkill to put people in jail for it.

What if your handicapped like me and you cant go in the
sun its too hot and make you sick?

Mow at night?

A lot of towns have programs where phyically handicapped and elderly can apply and get help at low or no cost for lawn maintainance.

Back