Ohio Town To Homeowners: Mow Lawn Or Face Jail

Reaction score
CANTON, Ohio (AP) ― Homeowners who don't mow their grass in this northeast Ohio city now face stiffer penalties - including possible jail time.

The city council unanimously passed a law Monday that makes a second high-grass violation a fourth-degree misdemeanor carrying a fine of up to $250 and as many as 30 days in jail.

The previous law only made the first violation a minor misdemeanor, with a fine of up to $150 but no jail time. The new law is to take effect in 30 days.

"This is the type of action we need to take in order to clean up our neighborhoods and our city," Mayor William J. Healy II said.

The laws are an effort to reduce the roughly $250,000 the city spends to cut about 2,000 private lots each year and to address public complaints, Councilman Greg Hawk has said.

Has the world gone wacko? :crazy:

What if the owner of the mower broke down and didn't have the money to fix it right away?

yeah that true!

mostly city in states who work for mowers as city of Ohio have approves for mowers by laws.

my hometown NLR and LR workers for city of NLR and LR who mowers grass in freeway need cuts grass always do that.

Oh boy, another :crazy: law :roll:

Would you guys like to see old, ugly cars and trash on a property next to you?

I know I wouldn't... I don't want snakes, rodents, bees, wasps, etc. close to me.

Grown grasses/weeds and such are attractive to these animals and insects.

I know I wouldn't... I don't want snakes, rodents, bees, wasps, etc. close to me.

Grown grasses/weeds are attractive to these animals and insects.

You have a good point :)

I personally would not like it but I have to face it sometimes if I like or not. The best solution is plant the trees or fix the fence to protect each property if I don't like their property. You know that each houseowners have different tastes... Some houseowners like to own ugly cars.... and odd house and garden... I can't do anything against them because it's their taste.

Insects including spiders are everywhere... it's natural. Bees come to us for our flowers and wasps comes to us for smell our sweets, perfume, etc. birds come to us to pinch our seeds... snails come after rain... It's natural... oh well...

No, it has nothing do with grown grasses/weeds why insects, animals and spiders come to visit us... We take care of our proud garden... but insects, spiders and animals still comes to us... It make no difference either attractive or unattractive garden... insects and spiders come from natural.

Did you know why some insects are important for our garden?

Agree with you :D :D

you all may not familiar with HOA's (Homeowner Associate) policy that required to mow lawn or get fee. If ignore the warning, will gain the worst. Depend where you live, always read their fine print before you decide to purchase and move there.

Has the world gone wacko? :crazy:

What if the owner of the mower broke down and didn't have the money to fix it right away?

Could always borrow a neighbor's lawnmower if your is broken.

If an individual in your neighborhood isn't upkeeping their home and property, it will affect your property value.

Would you rather have your property value go up or down?

Back