Official Presidential and Congressional Election Night Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just happy it is over and am waiting to see what kind of dog the Obama kids get.:)

Same here! :giggle:

Not next Clinton. Not next JFK. This is the beginning of Obama legacy and he will set his own example, his own way, and his own history.

I agree!

Wait...did we just elect Barack Obama?

YES WE DID!

I still can't believe it and in a good way.

It's not a dream. IT HAPPEND!

I want to say one thing - I think during Obama Administration, he will restore integrity and credibility back to people who were once a respectable figure that got shit on by Bush Administration.... and that would be Colin Powell for starter.

I couldn't agree with you more...

Wait...did we just elect Barack Obama?

YES WE DID!

I still can't believe it and in a good way.

I know! I'm still having a hard time believing it myself!

America has certainly come a long way since the 1950s. :D

Indiana is blue state now, it haven't been blue state since 1964.

Pinky, what's up with your state.

This is the beginning of Obama legacy and he will set his own example, his own way, and his own history.

Obama is going to set a legacy that is completely unlike any other -- including Reagan. :D

I don't understand why people want to say that he is the next Clinton or the next JFK....

Folks--he's not JFK nor Clinton.

He is OBAMA! Let's allow him to set tone and not compare him to any other President because he's not them.

That's an unrealistic expectation to have. After all, almost everyone compares one President to another. That's a normal part of politics...

Indiana is blue state now, it haven't been blue state since 1964.

Pinky, what's up with your state.

Yes, In my state Indiana Obama won! It's first time in history. In Fort Wayne, McCain was leading over Obama. In Indianapolis, Gary, South Bend and other region voted for Obama over McCain. It's heat races until final. Obama won. It's his neighbor state. :)

The reason why Obama won? Because in Indiana residents lost their jobs about over thousands due to economies, slow businesses, bankrupt on debts and skyrocket on gasoline and other issues.

"What an inspiration. He is the first truly global U.S. president the world has ever had," said Pracha Kanjananont, a 29-year-old Thai sitting at a Starbuck's in Bangkok. "He had an Asian childhood, African parentage and has a Middle Eastern name. He is a truly global president."

btw - Obama is a japanese name meaning "Little Beach"

Obama victory sparks cheers around the globe - Yahoo! News

Well I do congratulate Obama.

When he is inaugurated. We will see what he is made of. I hope for the best.

I am surprised that McCain lived through this, I applause him. I also give my congrats to "Little Beach" for winning the election.

Not totally, I voted for Obama for president.

Yup, Obama is 44% in Texas, that's fairly high enough but not majority, I'm predict that Texas would become swing state in next 10 years or so.

Yup, Obama is 44% in Texas, that's fairly high enough but not majority, I'm predict that Texas would become swing state in next 10 years or so.

Who knows! It depends on how Democrats run the country in next 4 years if not 8.

However, in Austin area, Obama defeated McCain.

North Carolina still tied 50-50%? (MSNBC said 100% in) so?

Obama won by 2/3 landslide!

My sister watched the McCain concession speech on TV last night and told me that it looked as if Palin was going to cry at any moment when the camera focused on her. Palin kept trying to smile, but it was obvious that she wanted to cry instead.

My sister watched the McCain concession speech on TV last night and told me that it looked as if Palin was going to cry at any moment when the camera focused on her. Palin kept trying to smile, but it was obvious that she wanted to cry instead.

yes she did. her eyes were bit watery and reddened.

Obama beat McCain in ALL major cities of Texas - Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, and El Paso. It's the rural counties that voted for McCain.

Austin voted for Obama by a wide margin - 66% vs 33% likely due to youth vote and liberal records. Other cities were close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back