Official AllDeaf Switched At Birth Discussion [tv show on abc family]

Bummer! Only US residents can view it. Oh well, hopefully they will get around to showing it in Canada.

Yes, already have it with torrent now but no subtitle yet till soon.

Subtitle from opensubtitles.org is ready now for it. If you are outside of US, you can watch TV torrent with subtitle.

Last edited:
I sent a brief message to Hulu letting them know the closed captioning was incomplete, and according to their response, Hulu is reposting the episode later today:
Thanks for writing to Hulu Support. I'm sorry about the issues with this episode of Switched at Birth. Our content team has been made aware of this issue and it should be resolved very soon. We expect a new episode to be posted later today. I would keep checking back for this, but if you have any further questions please feel free to let us know!

Thanks,
Stephen
Hulu Support

Wow, I’m learning so much! Thank you all for continuing to educate me about deaf and hard of hearing culture. :P How did everyone like the newest episode, “American Gothic”? Does anyone have a favorite character yet? I’m really loving Emmett more and more, who do you love?

I had a talked with my mom about the "Switched at Birth" with the ABCFamily on the tv channels so she is already email to the tv stations about bringing in to Canada (hopefully!) They have to convert to the tv channels on my list to added it but, before they took it off! What a jerk! I thought they were in Canada that they have it but until they took it off or not..I only saw it that channel with the ABCFamily..They should listen to the customers who is a deaf that need the new tv channels in Canada and all the states too!

Looks to me like you just get "transcribe audio" there . That is not the original captions.

I know I did clicked on the web bar address and don't know how to get there and no CC on the link! but don't worry, I'm sure they comes around soon anyway. :)

I like the show,

Just one thing. When they are talking the camera zooms in on the faces. pretty normal for video, but sometimes when they are signing the hands are below the screen,

I did finally get to watch this show yesterday. I watched it on HuLu and what I found was the captioning was off track and it was a little hard to keep up at times.

This is a series that I like. Hope it will do well so that maybe we can get other shows such as Deaf Family and FB Eye. The dad character is slowly becoming bearable.

Watched Episode 2 and man there's so much crap that pisses me off, but I won't divulge the spoilers.

Yiz

i love this show

i watch that between mom and spouse fighting during dinner about daughter ride that deaf boy of motorcycles and spouse disagree but mom says can!!

I'm really liking this show. The learning curve for the "hearing" parents is being shown in a fairly painstakingly "real" pace. The whole "my kid/not my kid" parenting struggles are also interesting.

So far the interaction between Liam and Daphne has been interesting, and I hope that it continues. Daphne seemed to drop him a little fast when his friends were being jerks, though.

Overall, good job showing the awkwardness of hearing people when first trying to get involved with deaf people/deaf culture.

I agree with others on wanting to see more characters from the deaf school, though the logistics of introducing "bit" characters may not be worth the payoff, irrespective of if those characters/actors are hearing or deaf.

Ignorant hearing parents would not know that the cochlea would be dead. They just see it as a miracle and want it.

As for watching it online or what not if you like it its free to download on iTunes. I wonder if it has captions there. Let me check. Nope, no captions on my iPad. Bummer was going to take to work and watch it. Oh well.

You can watch hulu pro thru iOS4 with CC.

Did you watch it on Swifter?

swifter-vac1-300x300.jpg

What's do with this?

Back