Official AllDeaf Switched At Birth Discussion [tv show on abc family]

They hired a hard of hearing actress to act as a deaf person but talks normally like a hearing person but pretends to talk like a deaf person
Nope. She talks like I do. I have a very obvious deaf accent ...Besides, didn't the story say that she lost her hearing at three? She would have been able to talk, but ALSO have a deaf accent. I liked the bit at the beginning where she looked all lost in a crowd sitution.....very effective.
Yes, the acting is cheesy but it's Family Channel. It's like Teen Lifetime.

Nope. She talks like I do. I have a very obvious deaf accent ...Besides, didn't the story say that she lost her hearing at three? She would have been able to talk, but ALSO have a deaf accent. I liked the bit at the beginning where she looked all lost in a crowd sitution.....very effective.
Yes, the acting is cheesy but it's Family Channel. It's like Teen Lifetime.

I think she means in real life she talks like a normal person. Which she does. She only has mild to moderate hearing loss in real life but, plays a profoundly deaf person on the show.

ABCFamily, One thing that I think might be a neat idea is to focus a bit on the friendships at the Deaf School...and somehow make it clear that ALL Deaf kids are welcome, as long as they learn ASL. One of the biggest reasons why Deaf School enrollment is dwindling is both b/c parents are unaware that there's the option of Deaf Schools, and that kids with all sorts of hearing losses can attend....and that all they would have to do would be to learn ASL. Maybe that might lead to an increase in enrollment in Deaf schools!

You can watch Switched at Birth: American Gothic on Hulu.com if you missed it or don't have your cable TV.

I watched that "switched at birth" on Youtube with CC finally! I have been waiting for this for a long time lol..

Anyway, on that show, It was good but got a little bit of dramas going on there in the house. I think the Deaf mother's is hiding something and might be a gambling problems but wasn't quite sure of it though.

Looking forward to see Marlee Matlin on Monday's show and can't wait to see what's going on there at school and everything :D

The captions for the latest episode on hulu... Not really working. Anyone else have the same issue?

I watched that "switched at birth" on Youtube with CC finally! I have been waiting for this for a long time lol..

Anyway, on that show, It was good but got a little bit of dramas going on there in the house. I think the Deaf mother's is hiding something and might be a gambling problems but wasn't quite sure of it though.

Looking forward to see Marlee Matlin on Monday's show and can't wait to see what's going on there at school and everything :D

Closed captioning was mixed up. Not so good.

Can you give the link to the CC'ed version? I can't find it yet on youtube.

Here is the link that you wanted to see it, Make sure you have to click on CC then you will two opitons and click ok and done after that then you can watch it there..Just be warning, The CC is all mixed it up but should be fine though.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QUY0IfO6gM]YouTube - ‪Switched At Birth Season 1 Episode 2 Part 1‬‏[/ame]

Oh and, this is not what I posted it on there so, you have to the youtube site and see the CC under the bar next to the full screen

Ah, you mean the transcribed audio settings - ugh. Not my favourite but I appreciate your posting the link though!

Oh and, this is not what I posted it on there so, you have to the youtube site and see the CC under the bar next to the full screen

Looks to me like you just get "transcribe audio" there . That is not the original captions.

Back