Official AllDeaf Switched At Birth Discussion [tv show on abc family]

It's all turning into more of a soap opera than anything. Losing more and more interest it in.

When I first found it, I didn't have alot of access to video material in ASL. Or I didn't know where to find it, or I couldn't follow most of it, etc. Now it just seems like there's so much great stuff out there, solid ASL all the way through, not interspersed with English, and without the drama, what a treat. These days I catch SAB once in a while - if I think of it and am in the mood for it.

Have been told about this show but have never watched it. I've tried a couple of torrent sites to download the first couple of seasons but there's never any CC. Anyone have a link to where I can download it to Vuze or watch it on the internet? thanks

Have been told about this show but have never watched it. I've tried a couple of torrent sites to download the first couple of seasons but there's never any CC. Anyone have a link to where I can download it to Vuze or watch it on the internet? thanks
open subtitles have them

open subtitles have them

I don't understand what that means. Open subtitles has them? I'm just learning the computer for the last year or so. Grandkids put Vuze on my computer and showed me how to go to BitTorrent or PirateBay to download certain shows. That's about the extent of my knowledge on this kind of thing. I've downloaded this show, seasons one and two a couple of times and then when I play them, there isn't any CC. Could you provide me with a link to where I can download the seasons that have CC or subtitles added? If not, it's ok. I'm sure I can live without seeing this show :P :ty:

My ex used to download stuff off BitTorrent, if I remember right the subtitles actually take up a lot of room so the they'd be in a different file to download. Whatever you down lauded them from might not have them. My kids found a site to watch stuff on and got caught up on the walking dead, but it doesn't have captions so I can't use it.

it's on Netflix though, you can watch it there and it has subtitles.

It's started off okay, but then it got cheesy. Really really cheesy.

I don't understand what that means. Open subtitles has them? I'm just learning the computer for the last year or so. Grandkids put Vuze on my computer and showed me how to go to BitTorrent or PirateBay to download certain shows. That's about the extent of my knowledge on this kind of thing. I've downloaded this show, seasons one and two a couple of times and then when I play them, there isn't any CC. Could you provide me with a link to where I can download the seasons that have CC or subtitles added? If not, it's ok. I'm sure I can live without seeing this show :P :ty:
Ahh, understandable - 'open subtitles' is the title of the website you go to.
Subtitles - download DivX subtitles from the biggest open subtitles database

VLC player is best which support custom subtitles. VideoLAN - Official page for VLC media player, the Open Source video framework!

After downloading Vuze TV or movie streaming and adding subtitle (.srt), you can open VLC to select one of them in Vuze download files from your PC or Mac also select .srt file. You try it.

No longer watching as hulu doesn't have it in the free ones anymore and I can't seem to get it to run on ABC website.

Do you have cable or TV provider or others?

We do have cable TV, but the captioning is horrible. Comcast also seems to have problems when an airplane goes over. I have given up all TV for the last 4-5 years due to this issue.

I download my episodes. Small 300mb films (Not need for High Def for a TV show). As far as subtitles go - I use Subscene.
RapidMoviez - Switched at Birth (2011)

Now regarding Switched at Birth. I love how this show seems to get more entertaining with a new season. That's a rarity. It finds creative ways to re-invent itself rather becoming dull or resorting to lame storytelling. The gist here is - I'm really enjoying season 3

A few ago the show started to air in Germany! With captions, that's soooo cool, even though I have to watch over again from season 1. Hope they won't cancel it!

Sent from my iPad using AllDeaf

That is my favorite show! I'm glad it's long epidises for 3 years. I hope it's continue until few years later. This is so romantic, dramatics, and comedy. It made me laugh so hard. My mom and my hubby love to watch this show too. I always record on DVR and will not be miss the new epidoses. I can watch SAB on abcfamily's channel on apps and Netflix for reviews. It's super entertaining!

This show sucks big time. Honestly, it's expected because who would've thought those screenwriters could come up short? :P

This show sucks big time. Honestly, it's expected because who would've thought those screenwriters could come up short? :P
Everyone has their perspective to the show, some don't like it, some like to watch, some have mixed feelings on particular shows....

Last edited:
My ex used to download stuff off BitTorrent, if I remember right the subtitles actually take up a lot of room so the they'd be in a different file to download. Whatever you down lauded them from might not have them. My kids found a site to watch stuff on and got caught up on the walking dead, but it doesn't have captions so I can't use it.

it's on Netflix though, you can watch it there and it has subtitles.

It's started off okay, but then it got cheesy. Really really cheesy.

Maybe try the combo above, its the only way I watch stuff anymore, so many sites , hulu , comcast, etc lack captions or they are hilariously wrong...

I used to always see this show at the gym and read their lips, and I thought the whole deaf storyline was a couple episode thing. I started watching for the all ASL episode, I stayed for the cheese. The situations are also more relevant compared to other shows. The Walking Dead! That show is awesome and gruesome :shock:

Back