Official AllDeaf Switched At Birth Discussion [tv show on abc family]

[FONT=&quot]Hey everyone! Did you watch the Switched at Birth fall finale? There was so much drama and I’d love to chat with you guys about it! Let me know what you thought of the episode and in case you missed it, check out the link for the full episode. Switched at Birth Season 1 Episode 30 | Full TV Episode Online - ABCFamily.com[/FONT]

I need your contact. I'd like to talk to you about join Switched at Birth TV show.

I have never watched that show until last night. Several old friends of mine made me to watch it. I did enjoy watching the sab show without looking at a closed captaining. I actually watched peeps talking like natural to me. The show was good. I hope they will continue to keep that show because i d love to see those kids to get older and what will they do after school and etc. Just like melrose place or friends show. I m glad that i did watch it. Awesome.

I was a little disappointed with the close up when they were practicing the kiss as you could not see their hands when they were signing.

It wasn't all ASL! Regina used voice! :lol:

I know was only a couple of lines though.

*The subject matter was also excellent, and the perfect opportunity to really show off ASL. Students fighting for what they believe in, organizing an occupation inspired by the Galludet protest? It really was fantastic. I especially loved the scene where Daphne accidentally set of the house alarm and did not know it. The way it was filmed really put me in her shoes. I was very impressed by this entire episode.
That scene was the standout for me, too. Just like Daphne, I had no idea what was happening until Toby signed that she set off the alarm. It was very powerful.

The episode as a whole was very impressive. It didn't feel like a gimmick at all.

It wasn't all ASL! Regina used voice! :lol:

I know was only a couple of lines though.

Regina can no longer sign so she had to talk but you couldn't hear her speak. The entire episode (apart from the very beginning and the last line) was silent except for some bits of instrumental music now and again.

Yesterday... I LOVE IT!!!

It's great episode, yeah! I was kinda of worried about my mom but she told she hadn't any problem with no audio (except musical themes). She was enjoyed watching it! :D Interestingly, I noticed many commenters on FB said they had a hard time to read CC and look at acting at the same time. Aha.

I really enjoy that the show actually discusses topics related to Deaf culture.

There's a few topics which I wish the show would take on. They include:

Bullying (especially deaf on deaf bullying)
Gossip
Deaf/Blind
oralism/audism
interpreters and certification
deaf clubs
physically-challenged deaf

I'm glad they brought in the character of Noah, who is hard of hearing. But they shouldn't simply use the character as a "love interest". They really should show his struggles to adapt and not being fully in the "hearing world" and the "deaf world". They are showing some of his interaction and experiences within a deaf school, but they should also show some of his struggles within a hearing environment. Also, they could show that he is being alienated from some of his (former) hearing friends.

Also, I wish they would show more of Toby being involved within Deaf culture instead of him bouncing between love interests. Show him occasionally messing up his ASL, really trying to understand his sister. Show that at times he can feel self-conscious about his surroundings with a Deaf sibling and friends. I'm glad they sometimes show him and Emmet being friends, but they should also show him with other Deaf students.

Let me state this. I am not in any way criticizing this show. I think they are doing a great job in including Deaf culture and identity. I was just throwing out some ideas for further development.

Regina can no longer sign so she had to talk but you couldn't hear her speak. The entire episode (apart from the very beginning and the last line) was silent except for some bits of instrumental music now and again.

I know I couldn't hear her, I'm Deaf! :D

I also knew that she couldn't sign, but I did not know that her voice could not be heard. Several characters were using their voices, and signing at the same time, but I had no idea that viewers could not hear them.

I LOVED the all-ASL episode! I really hope the scene with the alarm teaches a lot of people some things. I hope they do another one like that again!

Don't forget to watch "Switched At Birth" on ABC Family tomorrow night. The second season of “Switched At Birth” will return on June 10, 2013 at 8pm ET/PT. :)

I live in the UK but have been watching SAB on Netflix US(secret link) anyway is there anywhere where I can watch Switched at Birth fairly soon? I have tried to watch some episodes on ABC family and pressed the CC button on BUT no subtitles came on so ABC family is defo out!

The "ex-girlfriend" part is really funny. :P What do you think of yesterday?

That ex-gf part really was funny. I'm not quite sure what I think, and I don't know that I like Ty coming back, but I hope he gets the help he needs.

I have never watched that show until last night. Several old friends of mine made me to watch it. I did enjoy watching the sab show without looking at a closed captaining. I actually watched peeps talking like natural to me. The show was good. I hope they will continue to keep that show because i d love to see those kids to get older and what will they do after school and etc. Just like melrose place or friends show. I m glad that i did watch it. Awesome.

you can watch on hulu.com

<===== See Regina and I were hanging around at Hollywood Houses of Blue last fall.

She is really amazing and sweet lady !

I just finished watching a new episode of Switched at Birth at 7 pm (June 16th). Daphne and Bay are still arguing each other. Regina went back home when she was suppose to stay at the clinic treatment, but she wanted to go home and she will stay sober. Now Regina went to Angelo's place to stay away from the Kennish family. Bay want to stay with her biological mother. Daphne was staying with Kennish family. Sorry about all this falling out between the girls and the parents. Also their brother is getting married. :)

Back