"Official" Alldeaf national meet #3 2010/2011 discussion and planning

I usually don't go more that six miles from where I live. :lol:

Sadly I am not kidding, but I doubt anyone is going to humor me that much. :(

Convince your daughter for a vacation flight to the w/east..

if DC area is chosen - I highly recommend renting a large cabin (resort-like) that has outdoor jacuzzi :naughty: somewhere in Virginia at mountain area. It may be 1-2 hrs from DC.

if DC area is chosen - I highly recommend renting a large cabin (resort-like) that has outdoor jacuzzi :naughty: somewhere in Virginia at mountain area. It may be 1-2 hrs from DC.

If it is D C I'd be driving so there would be at least 1 vehicle if needed too.

219528_24.jpg

219528_15.jpg

219528_23.jpg

va_mtnret1.jpg

:eek3: Damn, we have none of this stuff on the west. Like barely anything like this.

va_mtnret1.jpg

:eek3: Damn, we have none of this stuff on the west. Like barely anything like this.

that's what my Vermont cabin was like in winter :cool2:

plenty of that in PA, Vermont, VA, WVA, etc. etc.

oh I'm pretty positive that Washington and Oregon have it too.

After seeing those pics I like the sound of that. But I've got to wonder about how much it would cost too but if if was a few it may be be the same costwise or cheaper than everyone renting hotel rooms.

After seeing those pics I like the sound of that. But I've got to wonder about how much it would cost too but if if was a few it may be be the same costwise or cheaper than everyone renting hotel rooms.

it could be between $20-40 each if there are at least 10 people. A nice cabin like this is usually 2-nights minimum so it could be up to $600 for 2 nites (cheaper if weekdays)

Oh yeah, I was thinking mostly CA. Usually when I meant west, it's CA perspective.

tentative, I am figuring that location is the priority. After that has been settled, we can then work on a flexible schedule that incorporates the best of everyone's availability.

I suppose that the importance is first if people are willing to travel the distance suggested.

Generally speaking, anywhere from the next (few) months, until the end of the year sometime. Whatever date will have the highest turnout.

tentative, I am figuring that location is the priority. After that has been settled, we can then work on a flexible schedule that incorporates the best of everyone's availability.

I suppose that the importance is first if people are willing to travel the distance suggested.

Generally speaking, anywhere from the next (few) months, until the end of the year sometime. Whatever date will have the highest turnout.
The time of year can influence the choice of place.

I, for one, don't want to drive to blizzard areas during the winter. :lol:

Also, some places cost more during certain seasons.

I was just curious. I probably can't attend anyway.

The time of year can influence the choice of place.

I, for one, don't want to drive to blizzard areas during the winter. :lol:

Also, some places cost more during certain seasons.

I was just curious. I probably can't attend anyway.

That is barring the obvious.
Simply put.. we don't even have a place decided yet. :dunno:
It's a giant leap to start deciding when if we don't know who is willing to go, just a honest opinion.

That is barring the obvious.
Simply put.. we don't even have a place decided yet. :dunno:
It's a giant leap to start deciding when if we don't know who is willing to go, just a honest opinion.
Since Chicago was mentioned I assumed the meeting wouldn't be during the winter. :giggle:

The only time I can travel is between semesters, so I'm limited. Oh, well.

Florida or the beaches of Carolinas...

Back