Observation

Laff laff here hard @ Botts', jillio and Banjo's comments!! :giggle:

You guys crack me up :)

At this rate I should have about 10 hands, I should think !! :)

Wirelessly posted

LinuxGold said:
Wirelessly posted

before today, i would have completely agreed with you. Unfortunatly, in two different threads, i have been told " there is only Deaf vs hearing" and that even hoh is unacceptable.

Remember what I said about them being ONLINE? They tend to be MORE political and defensive than necessary. Political statement TEND TO BE INCONSISTENT, agreed? In REAL life, I know few of my DEAF friend who tend to have hard feelings against hoh, but when they encounter them, they treated them as part of deaf culture. What gives?

Do not take any statements in here as "Final", those words are HYPOCRITES, do not base your decisions on what you see in those threads. It is like basing our decisions from what we see in NEWSPAPERS, they're not entirely true isn't it? Do you see a representation of yourself in newspaper that is WIDELY misunderstood as someone terrible?

it is just really frustrating when you hardly ever see the good side. When you have rage and anger and hate thrown at your child at every turn, when people who are supposed to love and accept her call her names and wish ill on her.

and yes, it is about the children, and this attitude doesn't help our children at all.

Wirelessly posted

it is just really frustrating when you hardly ever see the good side. When you have rage and anger and hate thrown at your child at every turn, when people who are supposed to love and accept her call her names and wish ill on her.

and yes, it is about the children, and this attitude doesn't help our children at all.

If you are around people who are throwing hate and rage at your child at every turn, maybe you need to hang with a better class of people. It sure doesn't happen on this forum.

You might keep in mind that you throw around your share of the above at deaf members of this forum.
Do people get pissed at you? Yeppers. But it doesn't have anything to do with your kid.

Oralism in any form does not help our children.

**jillio signing to left, center, and to right all at the same time" "See you later!":P

If you are around people who are throwing hate and rage at your child at every turn, maybe you need to hang with a better class of people. It sure doesn't happen on this forum.

You might keep in mind that you throw around your share of the above at deaf members of this forum.
Do people get pissed at you? Yeppers. But it doesn't have anything to do with your kid.

:h5: Well said!

I hope she takes your advice if the Deaf community in her area is throwing hate and rage at her child. It is a shame that they have no class in the Utah area. :eek3:

Wirelessly posted

Pull up newspaper so filled with BAD news and declare:

Here is GOOD news!

One sided biased opinion is always negative.

So the same is true here!

Instead, GO to the SOURCE, you will find SOURCE more diverse than PURE negative statements that kept coming in here.

Wirelessly posted

Hey Faire_jour, I'm sorry some people feel the need to attack your daughter in real life or on the internet. I'm hearing and I don't have anybody in my family whose deaf, so I don't know what you went through when you had to make a choice. My choice personally would be to not implant my child, for me they were born deaf for a reason. You chose to implant your daughter,and you as a parent have that choice. But I think its a little unrealistic to come to a Deaf board and expect the Deaf community to pat you on the back about your daughter having a CI. ASL is their first language and they don't want other deaf kids to go through what they did. I recently went to a deaf elementary school for the first time, the kids put on a little show and everything. They were happy and I think its because for them, they didn't see anything wrong. They were happy being deaf. Is your daughter unhappy with her CI? Maybe not, but could she have been just as happy being deaf? Probably. You have a long road ahead of you with all the speech therapy, language building and so on. Just be careful when you word your words. One of your posts made it sound like you were saying that without the CI your daughter wouldn't have a fulfilling life. I know you meant along the lines of without a CI she'd never hear a bird chirp. But I think it was Jillio (if it wasn't...I'm sorry :D ) that said deaf children "hear" differently. The way you worded your comment can set people off :) . As for the threads about hating hearing people, I avoid them. I know not all Deaf people hate hearing people, so why set myself up to be hurt? Sorry I rambled... :giggle:

Hey Faire_jour, I'm sorry some people feel the need to attack your daughter in real life or on the internet. I'm hearing and I don't have anybody in my family whose deaf, so I don't know what you went through when you had to make a choice. My choice personally would be to not implant my child, for me they were born deaf for a reason. You chose to implant your daughter,and you as a parent have that choice. But I think its a little unrealistic to come to a Deaf board and expect the Deaf community to pat you on the back about your daughter having a CI. ASL is their first language and they don't want other deaf kids to go through what they did. I recently went to a deaf elementary school for the first time, the kids put on a little show and everything. They were happy and I think its because for them, they didn't see anything wrong. They were happy being deaf. Is your daughter unhappy with her CI? Maybe not, but could she have been just as happy being deaf? Probably. You have a long road ahead of you with all the speech therapy, language building and so on. Just be careful when you word your words. One of your posts made it sound like you were saying that without the CI your daughter wouldn't have a fulfilling life. I know you meant along the lines of without a CI she'd never hear a bird chirp. But I think it was Jillio (if it wasn't...I'm sorry :D ) that said deaf children "hear" differently. The way you worded your comment can set people off :) . As for the threads about hating hearing people, I avoid them. I know not all Deaf people hate hearing people, so why set myself up to be hurt? Sorry I rambled... :giggle:

ASL was my daughter's first language. She attends a school for the deaf, and always has. My daughter was perfect before her implant, and still is after. I am not asking Deaf people to accept me, I'm asking them to accept my daughter. She is deaf, no matter if she uses ASL or if she chooses to listen and speak.

Heh, she KNOWS that and hides behind the ASL smokescreen... She was claiming that the deaf can't learn english because they're deaf.. o.O

Things like that.. of course they incite people. She keeps going on and on, its absurd.

This place is much more agreeable when she doesn't post and I truly wish she doesnt.

Heh, she KNOWS that and hides behind the ASL smokescreen... She was claiming that the deaf can't learn english because they're deaf.. o.O

Things like that.. of course they incite people. She keeps going on and on, its absurd.

This place is much more agreeable when she doesn't post and I truly wish she doesnt.

:gpost:

I am fed up as well, Megan.

:gpost:

I am fed up as well, Megan.

3+

lolcats-I+HAS+A+FLAVOR+TOO.jpg

Back