Obama's classmate speaks out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see you focused on only part of my list of issues. I will repeat them again:
  • Why was this man credited with "being a classmate" of Obama?
  • Why was AC's version edited to contain his middle name, a tactic I only see coming from the Right? Why the need to add this?
I never inferred that this man was lying> I am saying that the copy AC posted is dishonest. I am saying that the original author does not insist he "knows Obama" and quoted him above from Snopes.

He is entitled to his opinions, same as you or I. It is the emailed version of the original message, the OP, that contains falsehoods. And there have been others circulating the internet, many of them finding their way to my inbox. Since you seem to have honesty at the top of your integrity list (often referring to anything I post as made up, dishonest, etc) I would fully expect that criteria to apply to ALL posts contained in political debates.

And you are doing exactly what you are blaming the right of doing. Hypocrisy much?

By listing him as a "Fox News contributor" you are attempting to undermine what he has said and make him appear "evil" to those of your ilk.

We can split hairs.

And about Snopes claiming Root never knew Obama at Columbia? Snopes says that was false:

Wayne Allyn Root was, like Obama, a political science major at Columbia who also graduated in 1983. In 2008, Root says of Obama, "I don't know a single person at Columbia that knew him, and they all know me. I don't have a classmate who ever knew Barack Obama at Columbia. Ever! Nobody recalls him. I'm not exaggerating, I'm not kidding.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/columbia.asp

So .... which one is it? Did he know Obama or not?

And you are doing exactly what you are blaming the right of doing. Hypocrisy much?

By listing him as a "Fox News contributor" you are attempting to undermine what he has said and make him appear "evil" to those of your ilk.

We can split hairs.

And about Snopes claiming Root never knew Obama at Columbia? Snopes says that was false:
Wayne Allyn Root was, like Obama, a political science major at Columbia who also graduated in 1983. In 2008, Root says of Obama, "I don't know a single person at Columbia that knew him, and they all know me. I don't have a classmate who ever knew Barack Obama at Columbia. Ever! Nobody recalls him. I'm not exaggerating, I'm not kidding.

snopes.com: Barack Obama at Columbia

Are you serious? You quoted text from the document that Snopes found to be false! You gotta be kidding me!

I understand yet there are reasons why our names were chosen.

Meaning? He is Muslim? So the truth comes out; you expect his middle name to be used whenever someone writes a derogatory article about Obama. Very unsurprising.

Yes, but the receiver of those names has no choice as a baby. :)
Absolutely. So why do Right wingers insist on adding Obama's middle name to copyrighted materials?

We can split hairs.

snopes.com: Barack Obama at Columbia

*sigh*.....

ok Steinhauer..... help me to help you....

let's take this one step at a time so I'm going to ask you a very simple question - did you initially think the OP was referring to President Barack Hussein Obama?

political-pictures-barack-obama-bad-ass-president.jpg

*sigh*.....

ok Steinhauer..... help me to help you....

let's take this one step at a time so I'm going to ask you a very simple question - did you initially think the OP was referring to President Barack Hussein Obama?

Why don't you ask the OP - that would be the first step you "should" have taken.

But no, you can't resist the urge to troll can you?

Are you serious? You quoted text from the document that Snopes found to be false! You gotta be kidding me!

Nope - not kidding. Snopes is claiming that the Root knew Obama while at Columbia.

So .... there. :cool2:

Why don't you ask the OP - that would be the first step you "should" have taken.

But no, you can't resist the urge to troll can you?

But I'm asking YOU, not OP. You're participating in this thread so I'm asking YOU if you initially thought the OP was about President Barack Hussein Obama.

I don't need to ask OP because he had already made it clear in his first few posts that it was referring to President Barack Hussein Obama but that's of no concern to me. I'm asking YOU.

Yeah. Right from the article it says:

"Root adds that he was also, like Obama, "Class of '83 political science, pre-law" and says, "You don't get more exact or closer than that. Never met him in my life, don't know anyone who ever met him."

Nope - not kidding. Snopes is claiming that the Root knew Obama while at Columbia.

So .... there. :cool2:

This is from an article in Snopes, that was refuted by Snopes. You quoted from the refuted article, and presented it as fact. You are absolutely wrong, and you refuse to accept that fact.

In addition, I previously quoted from Snopes:
Wayne Allyn Root merely attended Columbia University at the same time as Barack Obama did (and later claimed that neither he nor anyone he knew was familiar with Barack Obama at Columbia).

The real thing here is this; the email that AC posted was an altered article, written by a man that attended the same college as Barack Hussein Obama, but did not know him, and admitted that he did not know him. It was all part of another Right-Wing line of attack; the "He didn't attend Columbia University" crap. You should know that, since you quoted from the refuted article in Snopes that covered that pile of dishonesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back