Obama supporters?

"When facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag, carrying a cross."

Quote from Sinclair Lewis

First of all, the Clinton Admin team haven't cause any disaster but he has to wipe Republican Ronald Reagan and George Bush Sr's butts. Clinton has to cleaned up everything to make it right. It proved that Bush Sr Admin job was such unorganized because he ran the office only one term. Clinton was able taken care of the health care program, economy and much more. It gets better and which is why the American was pleased to vote him for the second term.

Second of all, Democratic nominee, Al Gore should have won the office; unfortunately, the senator in Fla is Jed Bush whose brother to Bush Jr. You don't know what they doing behind the scene and wink the eyes . We saw with our own eyes on the media that Al Gore has the highest majority vote; Gore should have won but instead Bush got the position. The media doesn't lie but we cannot see behind the scene. It is something that you need to consider that the Bush Admin is capable of doing the dirty job, threaten and you name it. We don't need that in the America.

Third of all, can you imagine that Bush's own daughter, Jenna Bush was interviewed by Larry King on CNN last April that she may not vote Mc Cain being president. She confessed she'd support Hilary Clinton or Barack Obama. She is a Democratic in her heart but in her father's eyes that she is a republican because he is her daddy. I bet you that she will vote Obama this November.

Lastly, yes, Obama might be inexperienced but he is a senator for Illinois. He will be able to use that advantage in the white house if he becomes president. Look at Clinton was also inexperienced but fast learner and was able to change for better society. Therefore, Obama will do the same with a credible resources from Democratic Admin team and which is why he is working with a former president Bill Clinton. I strongly believe that Obama will do good job! I just had a good feeling!!

First of all, the Clinton Admin team haven't cause any disaster but he has to wipe Republican Ronald Reagan and George Bush Sr's butts. Clinton has to cleaned up everything to make it right. It proved that Bush Sr Admin job was such unorganized because he ran the office only one term. Clinton was able taken care of the health care program, economy and much more. It gets better and which is why the American was pleased to vote him for the second term.

Second of all, Democratic nominee, Al Gore should have won the office; unfortunately, the senator in Fla is Jed Bush whose brother to Bush Jr. You don't know what they doing behind the scene and wink the eyes . We saw with our own eyes on the media that Al Gore has the highest majority vote; Gore should have won but instead Bush got the position. The media doesn't lie but we cannot see behind the scene. It is something that you need to consider that the Bush Admin is capable of doing the dirty job, threaten and you name it. We don't need that in the America.

Third of all, can you imagine that Bush's own daughter, Jenna Bush was interviewed by Larry King on CNN last April that she may not vote Mc Cain being president. She confessed she'd support Hilary Clinton or Barack Obama. She is a Democratic in her heart but in her father's eyes that she is a republican because he is her daddy. I bet you that she will vote Obama this November.

Lastly, yes, Obama might be inexperienced but he is a senator for Illinois. He will be able to use that advantage in the white house if he becomes president. Look at Clinton was also inexperienced but fast learner and was able to change for better society. Therefore, Obama will do the same with a credible resources from Democratic Admin team and which is why he is working with a former president Bill Clinton. I strongly believe that Obama will do good job! I just had a good feeling!!

Exactly. Whoever takes the presidency is going to have 8 years of a huge mess to clean up. The Bush legacy has to be dealt with before any president can begin to institute policy.

Do you mean that I started to bash Clinton?
Of course not. Pay attention. I didn't mention Clinton's White House shenanigans in this thread at all. YOU brought it up, not me.

:ty: for fresh my memory but all what I know is they plan to withdraw/reduce their troops in Iraq but McCain plan to increase US troops in Iraq. He didn't say very much about his plan for Afganistin...... :roll:
So? Your statement about the USA and England being the only countries involved was wrong. Accept it, and don't try to weasel out by changing the subject.

Reba, you might want to update your Iraqi Coalition troop list because Australia is already out the door as well as several other countries that is on the list.....

It is a shame that many people can't remember past Bush but when one is representing the Republican party--it does leave a bad taste.

I was trying to recall a good Republican president past Bush and all I can recall is Abraham Lincoln....:lol:
If you read the entire linked passage, it mentions that the list was constantly changing. My point was it wasn't ONLY the US England that ever sent troops.

Well - Bill Clinton has extensive experience since late 1970's. He was an Attorney General, Governor twice, and then President. and Obama? He started a political career just 10 years ago as a "member" of Illinois Senate and then only a couple years as Senator. Still too young and too inexperienced to be President. He does not know anybody nor has any connection to Washington boys. How is he going to effectively perform his job as the President? Just because the President has all the executive privilege does not mean he will get the job done. He's going to have hard time getting any of his agenda done. But I'll keep a small hope for him...

Exactly. Whoever takes the presidency is going to have 8 years of a huge mess to clean up. The Bush legacy has to be dealt with before any president can begin to institute policy.
yes.... unfortunately true....

...Clinton was able taken care of the health care program, economy and much more. It gets better and which is why the American was pleased to vote him for the second term.
If Clinton already took care of the health care program, why is it such a campaign issue now?

Sour grapes. I wasn't thrilled when Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton were elected but I accepted it without whining like a sore loser.

So? Lots of young people go thru a liberal stage. That's no big shock.

As a governor, Clinton at least had some administrative experience. Obama has never been in that position.

Where did you get the idea that B. Clinton and Obama were working together? From the interviews I've heard, the two of them have a very chilly, distant relationship.

This debate seems are getting like "Democrat vs. Republic" debates lol, but I would prefer to vote for Democrat for this time because I know this country need the Democrat.

Look at the past, when Bill Clinton was president, LOT of houses are cheap and it was not really hard to buy a house. You can find bunches of houses only cost for $50,000 in my city, even $30,000. Since Bush was president for 8 years, you will never find them or they are just some of junkies. You have to work so hard to ensure you can afford $150,000 for a small house, or maybe you prefer a suburb houses, they cost $250,000 at the average. During Bill was president, only some of us require a roommate, but now most of us need a roommate or more to support our home.

I wonder who cause that? Those greedy people shaking our housing market and Bush seems doesn't give any crap about it.

Also I would like to see president to support on civil's rights such like GLBT's rights, which Bush don't give any crap about it and the hate crimes against GLBT continues which are not right.

I also am very tired of those governments changing and proposing bunches of unnecessary laws, I wonder why cannot we just stick with the old law and be happy with our good rights.

Although I am not Republic nor Democrat, I am more Liberal and Greenpeace. I am on those parties's sides because I know we need it today for our civil rights loss, global warmings, the ecomony, etc. And those parties doesn't have enough support and Obama have more similar goals as Liberal and Greenpeace compare to McCain so I guess I am for Obama this time.

yes perhaps but one troubling thing. Obama is extremely inexperienced and unproven and has no friends in Washington or anybody in powerful positions that are instrumental to cooperation. So far - he talks good but can he deliver? :hmm:

The comparison of experience vs. success as president between Obama and Lincoln is almost similar. Obama is very intelligence, smart and respectful man like Lincoln was. They know how to make positive speech in manner way and talk about issues and give the people hopes. Sure, Obama might haven´t much experience like Lincoln but Lincoln made his job as president great. I beleive Obama would be good president.

Abraham Lincoln - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The wikipedia shows the comparison between McCain and Obama that Obama´s experience is good enough to be president. The people beleives that war experience should be qualified to be president but wikipedia writes about him is not good... Example "McCain came into conflict with higher-ranking personnel, he did not always obey the rules, and that contributed to a low class rank (894 of 899) that he did not aim to improve." - Read further in this link and judge yourself on both Obama and McCain.

John McCain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Experience doesn't equal presidential success

Check this link

How Good Are Experienced Presidents?

Sure, McCain have more military experience than Obama but it seem to me that his experience made him into a bitter man. He is not bright man. Obama talks issues and McCain talks nonsense. I would say that Obama is an intelligent and smart than McCain...

Last edited:

:gpost:

Of course not. Pay attention. I didn't mention Clinton's White House shenanigans in this thread at all. YOU brought it up, not me.

No you choose to misquote my response post to someone because I gave him right in first place. Did I quoted your response post to someone over Clinton? No...

So? Your statement about the USA and England being the only countries involved was wrong. Accept it, and don't try to weasel out by changing the subject.

:confused: I did thank you for fresh my memory. It shows that I admitted my mistake. It look like that my response post to thank you to fresh my memory is not good enough for you or what? I added to remind you about reduce and withdraw because the article, you posted didn´t say about the troops from 27 countries reduce/withdraw but just Japan.

Well - Bill Clinton has extensive experience since late 1970's. He was an Attorney General, Governor twice, and then President. and Obama? He started a political career just 10 years ago as a "member" of Illinois Senate and then only a couple years as Senator. Still too young and too inexperienced to be President. He does not know anybody nor has any connection to Washington boys. How is he going to effectively perform his job as the President? Just because the President has all the executive privilege does not mean he will get the job done. He's going to have hard time getting any of his agenda done. But I'll keep a small hope for him...

I saw/read Obama and McCain thru medias, TV, etc everyday and must say that Obama has enough experience and surrounds himself with politicans and is very intelligent himself. Obama talks issues. I do not want to say negative about McCain´s intelligent but his public intelligent shows itself as an immaturity child because he talks nonsense. I know from his speech that he is not brighter. McCain badmouth about Obama´s intelligent... What about himself? See yourself that McCain admitted himself that he graduated 5th grade...

John McCain: I graduated fifth from the bottom of my class
YouTube - John McCain: I graduated fifth from the bottom of my class

Anyway, I want to say that McCain is a war hero but not bright enough to be president.

Bill Clinton says Barack Obama must 'kiss my ass' for his support
Bill Clinton is so bitter about Barack Obama's victory over his wife Hillary that he has told friends the Democratic nominee will have to beg for his wholehearted support.

By Tim Shipman in Washington and Philip Sherwell in New York
Last Updated: 8:16AM BST 30 Jun 2008

Mr Obama is expected to speak to Mr Clinton for the first time since he won the nomination in the next few days, but campaign insiders say that the former president's future campaign role is a "sticking point" in peace talks with Mrs Clinton's aides.

The Telegraph has learned that the former president's rage is still so great that even loyal allies are shocked by his patronising attitude to Mr Obama, and believe that he risks damaging his own reputation by his intransigence.

A senior Democrat who worked for Mr Clinton has revealed that he recently told friends Mr Obama could "kiss my ass" in return for his support.

A second source said that the former president has kept his distance because he still does not believe Mr Obama can win the election.

Mr Clinton last week issued a tepid statement, through a spokesman, in which he said he "is obviously committed to doing whatever he can and is asked to do to ensure Senator Obama is the next president of the United States ".

Mr Obama was more effusive at his unity event with Mrs Clinton on Friday, speaking fondly of the absent former president, who attended Nelson Mandela's birthday celebrations in London instead. The candidate told the crowd: "I know how much we need both Bill and Hillary Clinton as a party. They have done so much great work. We need them badly."

But his aides said he has so far concentrated on cementing relations with Mrs Clinton first. They say they are content to let relations with Mr Clinton thaw gradually.

It has long been known that Mr Clinton is angry at the way his own reputation was tarnished during the primary battle when several of his comments were interpreted as racist.

But his lingering fury has shocked his friends. The Democrat told the Telegraph: "He's been angry for a while. But everyone thought he would get over it. He hasn't. I've spoken to a couple of people who he's been in contact with and he is mad as hell.

"He's saying he's not going to reach out, that Obama has to come to him. One person told me that Bill said Obama would have to quote kiss my ass close quote, if he wants his support.

"You can't talk like that about Obama - he's the nominee of your party, not some house boy you can order around.

"Hillary's just getting on with it and so should Bill."

Another Democrat said that despite polls showing Mr Obama with a healthy lead over Republican John McCain, Mr Clinton doesn't think he can win.

The party strategist, who was allied to one of the early rivals to Mr Obama and the former First Lady, said Mr Clinton was "very unhopeful" about the nominee's prospects in November.

"Bill Clinton knows the party will unite behind Obama, but he is telling people he doesn't believe Obama can win round voting groups, especially working-class whites, in the swing states," the strategist said.

"He just doesn't think Obama will be able to connect with the voters he needs."

Joe Klein, the author of Primary Colours, a fictionalised account of Mr Clinton's 1992 election, who has known the former president for 20 years, said he also heard that he was "very, very bitter", from people who have spoken with him.

"It's time for him to get over it or go off and do his charitable work. He knows the rules of the road. What's going on now is kind of strange. I think his behaviour is really, really shocking."
Bill Clinton says Barack Obama must 'kiss my ass' for his support - Telegraph

The comparison of experience vs. success as president between Obama and Lincoln is almost similar. Obama is very intelligence, smart and respectful man like Lincoln was. They know how to make positive speech in manner way and talk about issues and give the people hopes. Sure, Obama might haven´t much experience like Lincoln but Lincoln made his job as president great. I beleive Obama would be good president.

Abraham Lincoln - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The wikipedia shows the comparison between McCain and Obama that Obama´s experience is good enough to be president. The people beleives that war experience should be qualified to be president but wikipedia writes about him is not good... Example "McCain came into conflict with higher-ranking personnel, he did not always obey the rules, and that contributed to a low class rank (894 of 899) that he did not aim to improve." - Read further in this link and judge yourself on both Obama and McCain.

John McCain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Experience doesn't equal presidential success

Check this link

How Good Are Experienced Presidents?

Sure, McCain have more military experience than Obama but it seem to me that his experience made him into a bitter man. He is not bright man. Obama talks issues and McCain talks nonsense. I would say that Obama is an intelligent and smart than McCain...

Being a war hero or having military experience has nothing to do with Presidency qualification. McCain has much more experience than Obama and has far more connections than him to get the job done. Sure he's scary when he gets mad. sure sometimes he talks crazy. but he probably knows better than obama. To me - Obama seems like a young naivete who thinks he can change the world. That's what happens when you're young and inexperienced.

Oh about Lincoln? well he was assassinated so..... just saying he wasn't well-liked by many, had a bloody Civil War on his hands, and had a turbulent political career so... he's not exactly a great comparison for Obama.

Back