Obama supporters?

Being a war hero or having military experience has nothing to do with Presidency qualification. McCain has much more experience than Obama and has far more connections than him to get the job done. Sure he's scary when he gets mad. sure sometimes he talks crazy. but he probably knows better than obama. To me - Obama seems like a young naivete who thinks he can change the world. That's what happens when you're young and inexperienced.

Oh about Lincoln? well he was assassinated so..... just saying he wasn't well-liked by many, had a bloody Civil War on his hands, and had a turbulent political career so... he's not exactly a great comparison for Obama.

Obama just wants to change the sorry state that America is in. I think its the Bush adminsitration that set out to change the world, via forcing democracy down the throats of cultures that didn't want it, and have norms and values diametrically opposed to a democratic government.

Obama just wants to change the sorry state that America is in.
yes in order to do that - you need experience, certain finesse skill, and most importantly - connections (as supporters to your proposal/bill). Washington doesn't work the way you'd think it would.

I think its the Bush adminsitration that set out to change the world, via forcing democracy down the throats of cultures that didn't want it, and have norms and values diametrically opposed to a democratic government.
in the name of 9/11 terrorism war..... :roll: But I have to partially blame Clinton for letting 9/11 happened. Clinton was the one who crippled our defense capability by slashing a deep fund. He caused handful of senior ranking military officers to leave for lucrative offers in private sectors.

it's not fair to blame everything on Bush. It's the 9/11 that ruined everything. After all.... all war presidents in the history were chastised, spit at, etc.. and then couple decades later.. they were idolized as a hero... like Truman. However - I have a feeling that Bush is never gonna be called a hero even 100 years later :dunno:

Look at the past, when Bill Clinton was president, LOT of houses are cheap and it was not really hard to buy a house. You can find bunches of houses only cost for $50,000 in my city, even $30,000. Since Bush was president for 8 years, you will never find them or they are just some of junkies. You have to work so hard to ensure you can afford $150,000 for a small house, or maybe you prefer a suburb houses, they cost $250,000 at the average. During Bill was president, only some of us require a roommate, but now most of us need a roommate or more to support our home.

eh, house are low value already.

Since this has largely become a Democrat vs. Republican thread, I'm curious about your guys' perspectives on the economy. I have four questions and I'd be interested to hear your answers. I can give my perspective later if you want.

Please explain your answers- not just yes or no.

1. Is Clinton responsible for the economic boom of the 90s?

2. Is Clinton responsible for the economic recession at the end of the 90s as he left office?

3. Is Bush responsible for the current slow economy?

4. Is Bush responsible for the economic boom after the recession he inherited, 9/11, and the string of corporate scandals?

eh, house are low value already.

Not in Texas, Texas's housing market are one of America's low house values, but in California, Oregon, Washington, even New York, and others, there's a lot of people lose their home to foreclourse, prices going up and up, the prices are very slow dropping right now. It's scary to see that the home are difficult to get.

Not in Texas, Texas's housing market are one of America's low house values, but in California, Oregon, Washington, even New York, and others, there's a lot of people lose their home to foreclourse, prices going up and up, the prices are very slow dropping right now. It's scary to see that the home are difficult to get.

Also not in most portion of midwest region (outer of Chicago metro) and southeast region, New Mexico got cheaper housing value too, also AZ is more reasonable.

Also not in most portion of midwest region (outer of Chicago metro) and southeast region, New Mexico got cheaper housing value too, also AZ is more reasonable.

Yupp that was not really a issues for midwest, but other places like mine is.

Since this has largely become a Democrat vs. Republican thread, I'm curious about your guys' perspectives on the economy. I have four questions and I'd be interested to hear your answers. I can give my perspective later if you want.

Please explain your answers- not just yes or no.

Here is my answer to your 4 questions:

1. Is Clinton responsible for the economic boom of the 90s?

Yes

2. Is Clinton responsible for the economic recession at the end of the 90s as he left office?

No

3. Is Bush responsible for the current slow economy?

Yes

4. Is Bush responsible for the economic boom after the recession he inherited, 9/11, and the string of corporate scandals?

Yes

wow :eek3: I can understand Bill's anger and thought his anger over Obama would get over for a while and would accept his knowledge that it's Americans' decision to vote... until I spot the sentence of your article written: "But his lingering fury has shocked his friends. The Democrat told the Telegraph: "He's been angry for a while. But everyone thought he would get over it. He hasn't. I've spoken to a couple of people who he's been in contact with and he is mad as hell." got me :confused: because one of 2 links I posted was dated 7th August 2008.

I search until I found one...

Clinton: 'I never made a racist comment'
Ex-president admits some things ‘I wish I hadn't said’ during '08 campaign

Clinton: 'I never made a racist comment' - Decision '08 - MSNBC.com

Clinton told the reporter dated 4th August 2008. It look like that his anger over Obama is over and accept the fact that his wife Hillary lost her election to Obama.

What do you think of this?

Being a war hero or having military experience has nothing to do with Presidency qualification.

EXACTLY!!!!!!! You should support my POV on this instead of defense attacker against my POV over exact word at other thread...

McCain has much more experience than Obama and has far more connections than him to get the job done.

What exactly about McCain's experience than Obama? Could you please be specific what's McCain kind of experience except military experience?

What's McCain's plan when he wins at election?

Sure he's scary when he gets mad. sure sometimes he talks crazy.

Honestly, McCain's manner behavior is worst than Bush.

but he probably knows better than obama.

How? All what I see is he didn't say very much about positive issues. Could you please help me to fresh my memory what's his positive issues ? It could be that McCain stick Bush's system when he wins at election? I only see his experience is negative/attack Obama more and more than talk positive issues. :dunno:

To me - Obama seems like a young naivete who thinks he can change the world. That's what happens when you're young and inexperienced.

I would like to remind you that Obama is 47 years old, not 7 or 17 years old... :roll:

Oh yes, Is it because of McCain's age that's why he have more experience than Obama?

If Obama want to change America or world then I see why not... Would you give him the chance if you want to see your country to be improve when he says that he want to change America?

Oh about Lincoln? well he was assassinated so.....

Yes, he was a best president in the history.

just saying he wasn't well-liked by many, had a bloody Civil War on his hands, and had a turbulent political career so...

He did was freed black slavery from white racists. What's your point?

he's not exactly a great comparison for Obama.

I did said "almost" which mean is their talent and career. They both visited law school and have good school background... McCain? McCain only have military experience, that's it. I know his speech that he is not brighter. I would say that his intelligence is much worst than Bush.

I think I'll take a break from discussing politics on message boards or at least save it for Daily Kos.

I find all the fears over Obama to be silly and mostly unfounded and I honestly can't stand to read them. If you're an Obama supporter, you've probably heard the whole 9 yards worth of myths/lies/fears from people who refuse to think outside of the box.

yes in order to do that - you need experience, certain finesse skill, and most importantly - connections (as supporters to your proposal/bill). Washington doesn't work the way you'd think it would.

in the name of 9/11 terrorism war..... :roll: But I have to partially blame Clinton for letting 9/11 happened. Clinton was the one who crippled our defense capability by slashing a deep fund. He caused handful of senior ranking military officers to leave for lucrative offers in private sectors.

it's not fair to blame everything on Bush. It's the 9/11 that ruined everything. After all.... all war presidents in the history were chastised, spit at, etc.. and then couple decades later.. they were idolized as a hero... like Truman. However - I have a feeling that Bush is never gonna be called a hero even 100 years later :dunno:

No, in the name of foreign oil. And the war is not the only issue. NCLB, the state of the economy, ever growing ranks of unemployed, uninsured, and dirt poor citizens, deteriorating foreign relations, etc, etc, etc. are just as big a concern as is the war. Bush has been in office long enough,that were he an effective leader, the Clinton legacy would have long been dealt with. Instead, we have seen the creation of greater problems. You cannot compare the leaders in office during WWI and WWII to a leader in office during Korea, Vietnam, the Gulf War, or the war today. Totally different issues, requiring totally different decisions.

And Bush will never be called a hero because he has done nothing heroic. They don't call Nixon a hero for the same reason.

I think I'll take a break from discussing politics on message boards or at least save it for Daily Kos.

I find all the fears over Obama to be silly and mostly unfounded and I honestly can't stand to read them. If you're an Obama supporter, you've probably heard the whole 9 yards worth of myths/lies/fears from people who refuse to think outside of the box.

:gpost:
Sorry we won't be getting your input inthe future.

Being a war hero or having military experience has nothing to do with Presidency qualification. McCain has much more experience than Obama and has far more connections than him to get the job done. Sure he's scary when he gets mad. sure sometimes he talks crazy. but he probably knows better than obama. To me - Obama seems like a young naivete who thinks he can change the world. That's what happens when you're young and inexperienced.

Oh about Lincoln? well he was assassinated so..... just saying he wasn't well-liked by many, had a bloody Civil War on his hands, and had a turbulent political career so... he's not exactly a great comparison for Obama.

Re: the first 2 bolded sentences, perhaps we need to look at the quality of that experience rather than the quantity of that experience. Of course, McCain has more experience....he's older. That only translates to better qualified if you use convoluted logic. Its the same thing in the business sector. Older workers with more experience are passed over every day in this country in favor of younger workers with more novel ideas. That is considered to be good business practice. Perhaps we should use some consistency in practice when we "hire" a president.

Re: the last 2 bolded sentences...that doesn't frighten you? I personally am a bit concerned about someone in a leadership position that exhibits those unstable qualities.

:gpost:
Sorry we won't be getting your input inthe future.

I don't know about that. If it's a really ridiculous attack on Obama, sure.

But otherwise, I post about politics on so many other sites and most of them seem to be dominated by a conservative mindset, which usually irks me, especially when the nastiness starts.

Daily Kos is the only place I can post about politics and not be heckled by know-nothings (which was an actual political party in this country that preceded the Whigs and GOP).

I don't know about that. If it's a really ridiculous attack on Obama, sure.

But otherwise, I post about politics on so many other sites and most of them seem to be dominated by a conservative mindset, which usually irks me, especially when the nastiness starts.

Daily Kos is the only place I can post about politics and not be heckled by know-nothings (which was an actual political party in this country that preceded the Whigs and GOP).

Do you think that is because the conservative mindset seems to be stuck in linear thinking, and simply repeats what they have heard another conservatist say without taking time to fully process it and apply it?

Do you think that is because the conservative mindset seems to be stuck in linear thinking, and simply repeats what they have heard another conservatist say without taking time to fully process it and apply it?

Yeah I believe it's just people repeating talking points. I have been accused of doing the same thing with liberal points but I've been a liberal since my teens and have always identified better with that view. Also, it's taken a while but I have developed my own views on issues with a strong liberal bent and there's very few things that I disagree with on that side of the political spectrum.

Back