Obama signs Mexican border measure

hey ya'all - who's with me to sit at the hill to watch for illegals with rifles at our sides? :cool2:

I'm curious about the unmanned drones. Does anyone know what kind they are, and what the flying range is? Pics would be appreciated.

That's easy. I'm guessing probably the predator drones due to them becoming a standard. They're highly versatile and used in many instances.

the problem is - it opens a can of worms. If we were to let the federal government to uses predators (a war machine limited for military use) on domestic affair - the border patrol.... how long until law enforcement and FBI will use it to monitor American citizens?

:Ohno:

I'm curious about the unmanned drones. Does anyone know what kind they are, and what the flying range is? Pics would be appreciated.

there are many kinds. Different company. different size. One thing for sure - it's helluva expensive and it's invasive.

This common UAV aka predator drone is by Lockheed. Some by Boeing. Some by Northrop Grumman
Predator+Drone.jpg

Most drones are unarmed and it's usually used for surveillance for special forces on ground. It's still on-going debate within White House on legality for using armed predator drones however Obama Administration has used the armed predator drone program extensively in a ruthless way. Before - it was "identify, verify, and destroy." Now it's just "search and destroy" which was a controversial, touchy issue.

There is a much smaller drone... the one where soldier can carry and launch it by hand.

images

falluja_drone_200.jpg

I believe it's called Dragon Eye.

That's easy. I'm guessing probably the predator drones due to them becoming a standard. They're highly versatile and used in many instances.

Edit: Just did a search, more likely than not now:
FOXNews.com - U.S. Predator Drones to Surveil Mexican Border

there are many kinds. Different company. different size. One thing for sure - it's helluva expensive and it's invasive.

This common UAV aka predator drone is by Lockheed. Some by Boeing. Some by Northrop Grumman
Predator+Drone.jpg

Most drones are unarmed and it's usually used for surveillance for special forces on ground. It's still on-going debate within White House on legality for using armed predator drones however Obama Administration has used the armed predator drone program extensively in a ruthless way. Before - it was "identify, verify, and destroy." Now it's just "search and destroy" which was a controversial, touchy issue.

:ty:
I know they are expensive, maybe exorbitantly so for the military-style drones. Perhaps we will use a cheaper scaled-down model, minus the weaponry. I imagine that half a billion would only get us a few of these! We can only wait and see, I guess.

There is a much smaller drone... the one where soldier can carry and launch it by hand.

images

falluja_drone_200.jpg

I believe it's called Dragon Eye.

Whew, finally you show something much more affordable! :lol:

:ty:
I know they are expensive, maybe exorbitantly so for the military-style drones. Perhaps we will use a cheaper scaled-down model, minus the weaponry. I imagine that half a billion would only get us a few of these! We can only wait and see, I guess.

FAA has already given us a green thumb to use predator drone. Department of Homeland Security is working with agencies to use it. IMO - I'm not very comfortable with this. I don't like the thought of our government having advanced military surveillance tools for domestic affair :ugh:

Whew, finally you show something much more affordable! :lol:

It's a short-range device (i believe 6 miles or so) for a short time (2 hrs???).

With Predator Drone - it flies high for a very very very long period of time and it can cover a very large field of area.

Back