Obama - McCain debate #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimpleMan

Reaction score
Okay, I know I've been missing in action for most of the past week, but I thought I'd start this thread to keep it seperate from the first debate. I know I'm hoping for both candidates to give some substance, cause I haven't heard any from either side about taxes. I just know that McCain plans to keep current tax credits and lower spending, while Obama plans to eliminate current tax credits and raise spending..... I'd like more details from both of them. I don't think either of them have given us any substance at all, just that Obama is a smooth talker and McCain isn't, but I remember Bill Clinton being a smooth talker saying no new taxes, and then 3 months into his presidency he raised taxes, and I see the same thing from Obama (but talk of that should be in another thread).

Anyways, I hope this will be our Presidential Candidate Debate #2 thread. Please keep it clean, no talking about FoxNews, CNN, MSNBC or other biased info, only the facts and perceptions from the debate.

I use MSNBC and World BBC online newspaper because they are neutral on both sides between Obama and McCain.

We need to know the fact on both sides from the neutral newspapers/news, not one sided newspapers.

I use MSNBC and World BBC online newspaper because they are neutral on both sides between Obama and McCain.

We need to know the fact on both sides from the neutral newspapers/news, not one sided newspapers.

Yes, we need to know both sides..... but if you get your news from MSNBC, or BBC, or FoxNews, etc, it's still one sided, either way. CNN and BBC are to the left, FoxNews is to the right. If you're going to focus on MSNBC and BBC, then you should also watch Foxnews to balance it out and see 'the other side'. (I don't know if you can get FoxNews in Germany, but if you can't, then you're still only seeing 'one-side of the story'). Like I have said in other threads, I watch both sides, CNN/MSNBC and Foxnews because I want to know what both sides are saying about each other. I do have to admit tho, that Foxnews is more 'fair and balanced' than the likes of CNN. At least on FoxNews, they will go after conservatives, while CNN or MSNBC it seems will never ever say anything bad about liberals (but FoxNews does still have a conservative 'lean').

Exactly. One cannot censor the sources and then claim to be neutral. By refusing to look at all sources, one becomes less than well informed by their refusal.

Exactly. One cannot censor the sources and then claim to be neutral. By refusing to look at all sources, one becomes less than well informed by their refusal.

Right. In getting snippets from all sorts of sources, one is better prepared in stepping back and getting a better big picture. Unfortunately, one gets jeered and hooted at for submitting sources that don't match the hooters' and jeerers' way of thinking. For example, I could say that the Secret Service ordered the Dallas police not to screen the crowd for weapons an hour before Obama's rally last Februaryand submit as evidence... Secret Service order Dallas police to stop screening for weapons at Obama rally - US Election, World news - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk We all know of Palin's remarks about Obama being a terrorist, designed only to make emotions run high. Let's just hope nothing bad happens tonight.
Sigh. I will probably regret posting this but what the hey.

Looking forward to it and I wont fall asleep this time.

May I add that discernment is golly 'darned' important, as well. :P

Looking forward to it and I wont fall asleep this time.
I hope that I don't fall asleep. :lol: I had only two hours sleep last night, so I'm not making any promises.

I hope that I don't fall asleep. :lol: I had only two hours sleep last night, so I'm not making any promises.

Is that all? I feel better then; I came back from out of town a couple hours ago and my eyelids are begging to be checked for holes. :)

Is that all? I feel better then; I came back from out of town a couple hours ago and my eyelids are begging to be checked for holes. :)
:lol:

ouch..... McCain did not do well at all.... All of you know that I'm no fan of Obama but....... I'm afraid my vote will have to go toward to Obama even though I do not like him at all but... my voting parameter is now - "who will damage America the LEAST for the next 4 years?" and I think you know my answer for that. :|

I just finished watching the Debate II and I think Barack won it handily.

I felt flabbergasted that McCain said health care was a responsibility when Mr. Brokaw asked him which it was a privilege, right or responsibility. He was wrong and heath care is an universal human right.

Also McCain could not answer straightly which the top priorities (energy, health care and entitlement)in order were as Obama gave am excellent answer.

McCain surprisingly went a bit flat on foreign policy which was his biggest strength. Obama gave better answers that he learned from his first presidential debate and he was finally able to be straight-forward with McCain about his repeat saying, "He does not understand." in the last debate.

I think McCain failed to make a big break out that he really needed tonight.

Remember that economy is the voters' first concern according to some polls.

It is interesting that the Republican and CNN contributor, Alex Castellanos gave Obama more positive points than McCain.

If I were a U.S. citizen, I would vote Obama today.

Know what? I might not bother to watch the third debate but I may change mind at last minute.

I think Obama handled the debate better. Also didn't it seem that McCain accused Obama of a lot of things, so Obama had to defend himself a lot? It didn't happen the other way around.

I may be biased, but I was so annoyed by McCain repetitive use of "My friends". I really wished someone in the audience said "I AIN'T YOUR FRIEND!"

Obama really killed it in my opinion. A few moments were harmlessly hilarious when Tom Brokaw had to warn 'em both on the time limit... several times. When McCain went over the limit again, he blamed Brokaw for not doing the hand signal. I thought that was really funny, and it showed a more human side of himself.

I liked how they were taking questions from the peeps. More personal...

Obama really killed it in my opinion. A few moments were harmlessly hilarious when Tom Brokaw had to warn 'em both on the time limit... several times. When McCain went over the limit again, he blamed Brokaw for not doing the hand signal. I thought that was really funny, and it showed a more human side of himself.

I liked how they were taking questions from the peeps. More personal...

Yeah I agree with you about the questions which were asked from the folks.

Agree with jiro, Royale, Liza, and Daredevel. Apparently, the analysts do, too. They are all saying (conservatives included) that Obama outshined McCain.

I think Obama handled the debate better. Also didn't it seem that McCain accused Obama of a lot of things, so Obama had to defend himself a lot? It didn't happen the other way around.

I may be biased, but I was so annoyed by McCain repetitive use of "My friends". I really wished someone in the audience said "I AIN'T YOUR FRIEND!"

This post may sound as if I'm rambling, so I apologize. According to a CNN poll, 63 percent of people thought McCain had more negative attacks against Obama. I've been watching the political scene since late last year and McCain's constant use of the phrase "my friends" has annoyed me ever since. I also didn't like how he referred to Obama as "that one." Something I was curious about was the fact that for the second debate in a row, I never heard McCain use the term "middle class." In comparing McCain's performance to Obama's, I would have to say that Obama won the debate without question.

but, my friend... Obama does not understand! I was the POW and I've been a Senator for a long time, my friend. I know everything, my friend! :roll:

I think Obama's trying to say that he'll tax the rich only, but he's not gonna say it directly.

McCain wants to leave it alone, so that rich people benefit from it and the middle class continue to suffer. He wants to have his cake and eat it too.

I didn't like it either when McCain said that Health Care is a responsibility. It's a right. We all should have access to Health Care. The 5,000 dollars will go back to insurance companies.

I liked what Obama said about energy. We do need to help with incentives for that because that is our future.

What really killed McCain is Obama's excellent and CRYSTAL-CLEAR plan of foreign policy + energy plan + economy plan + national security + Middle East crisis in ALL-IN-ONE package. I was amazed at such simplicity and clarity of his explanation.

Obama Doctrine = Researching & developing alternative energy to reduce our dependence on foreign oil that is largely from Middle East... which means they will be losing money... which means we can have some economical muscle + military on Iran easier than now... and all of above... means more jobs for Americans especially in energy sector (R&D).

The only thing I remember about McCain Doctrine is "terrorism" and "nuclear." The only thing that bothers me about Obama Doctrine is that... while it's a great ambitious idea... I question his experience on it... but because of that 2nd debate - I'm giving him a small reasonable doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back