Obama has proposed his first budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
its worth the gamble, although i think some of it is pretty unneccesary and excessive.

*shrug*

oh well.

I wondered how many of those 3 million rich and wealthy top-earners are liberals? And the reduction or removal of the charity deduction will help many nonprofits.

It really doesn't matter how this bill reads, or what it contains, as there are those that would be critical of it no matter. Seems people were very willing to allow Bush 8 years to get us in this mess, but are completely unwilling to allow Obama even as much as 90 days to get things turned around. But I would imagine those same people will be more than willing to take advantage of an improved economy when it does turn around.

:gpost: :gpost:

I find it ironic how everyone (i.e. people in general) can question Obama's budget yet they don't even bat an eye when former President Bush spent $12 billion/month on the war in Iraq. Hmmm.

I find it ironic how everyone (i.e. people in general) can question Obama's budget yet they don't even bat an eye when former President Bush spent $12 billion/month on the war in Iraq. Hmmm.

So, if $12 billion a month was spent wisely...we would have a beautiful shiny new repaved highways, better mass transit, plenty of high speed rail lines, better health care, educations, schools.

So, if $12 billion a month was spent wisely...we would have a beautiful shiny new repaved highways, better mass transit, plenty of high speed rail lines, better health care, educations, schools.

All of those services would be of better quality than what we have now.

Think about how much money $10-12 billion/month for 7 years is. I can't even calculate the total amount in my head. :dizzy:

War isn't cheap, I know it would cost alot of billion dollars.

I could imagine because Bush is #1 most spending since LBJ and LBJ sent alot of money on Vietnam war in 60's until early 70's.

War isn't cheap, I know it would cost alot of billion dollars.

I could imagine because Bush is #1 most spending since LBJ and LBJ sent alot of money on Vietnam war in 60's until early 70's.

War isn't cheap, but what I find ironic is that George W. Bush was the first President to spend $10-12 billion/month on a war. That's ridiculous, IMO.

War isn't cheap, but what I find ironic is that George W. Bush was the first President to spend $10-12 billion/month on a war. That's ridiculous, IMO.

I find it ironic that Obama is the first president to spend a trillion dollar with in 2 months of his sentence and no one is batting a eye. Atleast we tried to do good over sea. From talking to soldiers who was there at the beginning and who just came back from another serve, we did wonders over there that the news are not broadcasting cause it don't excite people to hear good things.

It really doesn't matter how this bill reads, or what it contains, as there are those that would be critical of it no matter. Seems people were very willing to allow Bush 8 years to get us in this mess, but are completely unwilling to allow Obama even as much as 90 days to get things turned around. But I would imagine those same people will be more than willing to take advantage of an improved economy when it does turn around.

I am guessing that you have a government job of some sort. Are you working in a position that will profit from Obama's spending??

I know you said you worked as a teacher I think, but if I didn't know any better you are profiting from everything that Obama is doing, and it's not anything everyone else in the world is profiting from.

I find it ironic that Obama is the first president to spend a trillion dollar with in 2 months of his sentence and no one is batting a eye. Atleast we tried to do good over sea. From talking to soldiers who was there at the beginning and who just came back from another serve, we did wonders over there that the news are not broadcasting cause it don't excite people to hear good things.

I don't think news about Iraq excites people because we've been over there for the past 7 years and have had over 4,000 casualties. People are growing tired of hearing about the war (and understandably so) since it's what former President Bush has been preaching about over the past 8 years. I'm glad Obama is doing something to help improve our economy. Something needs to be done and it needs to be done yesterday.

All of those services would be of better quality than what we have now.

Think about how much money $10-12 billion/month for 7 years is. I can't even calculate the total amount in my head. :dizzy:

That would be roughly $900 billion to $1 trillion in 7 years worth.

That would be roughly $900 billion to $1 trillion in 7 years worth.

That's the figure I've heard quoted time and time again. It's alot of money -- a great deal of money -- when you think about how all of it could be spent domestically.

That's the figure I've heard quoted time and time again. It's alot of money -- a great deal of money -- when you think about how all of it could be spent domestically.

have you ever thought about where some of that money going??

Like in the pocket of solider, which in turn gives solider the ability to buy stuff in the USA.

Kind of like a stimulus plan if you ask me, except they do a job over there and get paid for it.

have you ever thought about where some of that money going??

Like in the pocket of solider, which in turn gives solider the ability to buy stuff in the USA.

Kind of like a stimulus plan if you ask me, except they do a job over there and get paid for it.

Why does a soldier need to buy anything from the U.S. when we are already providing them with food and supplies?

I guess it's okay to spend $12 billion/month on the War in Iraq, but when Obama wants to spend money in order to fix our economy, that's wrong?

Typical Conservative mindset.

I sure hope so, LOL! I can't imagine reading line by line of what each budget does and the importance of the bill.

and that's how controversial Patriot Acts was passed

I'm glad that Obama and Congress consider to the future of Americans and the USA.

It shows his moviation. I see why not to make a first step at the start to see either it work or not since you know that Obama work on Bush's huge mess...

you know it's not exactly largely Bush's mess. This was Clinton's fault too. See 25 People to Blame for the Financial Crisis

360_w25_0223.jpg

People need to stop pinning this mess on Bush. If the President of United States can singlehandedly control the worldwide economy - wow... :-o

yes we did. makes you wonder why Patriot Acts was renewed.... to find dirt on politicians like Elliot Spitzer who won't play ball with "them"? :hmm: Yes you may put this under Conspiracy Theory file.

Why does a soldier need to buy anything from the U.S. when we are already providing them with food and supplies?

I guess it's okay to spend $12 billion/month on the War in Iraq, but when Obama wants to spend money in order to fix our economy, that's wrong?

Typical Conservative mindset.

depends on who's getting rich from it. typical politician....

oh btw - it's because there is no Wal-Mart in Iraq. Food & Supplies are not all they need. They do buy certain accessories/equipments that are not covered by US Military such as IPOD, laptop, and even gloves & body armors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back