Obama family adopt, not buy, dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's truly wonderful they're adopting from a shelter. I have 3 cats myself -- 2 are barn rescues and the third came from a shelter.

That's cool.

I think it is a moving start and it also shows that Obama and the family are just as humble as the rest of the country are by getting the dog from the shelter. What I mean by that is, Most of the time, those filthy rich people tend to buy dogs or cats, or any kind of pets from private breeders.

So, with that, Kudos to Obama and the family for making that move.

That's cool.

I think it is a moving start and it also shows that Obama and the family are just as humble as the rest of the country are by getting the dog from the shelter. What I mean by that is, Most of the time, those filthy rich people tend to buy dogs or cats, or any kind of pets from private breeders.

So, with that, Kudos to Obama and the family for making that move.

I agree. And there is nothing wrong with buying from a breeder. You just have to ask the right questions. :)

After reading about Bush's dog biting someone, I wonder if he got pointers from Dick Cheney on how to attack people? :giggle:

After reading about Bush's dog biting someone, I wonder if he got pointers from Dick Cheney on how to attack people? :giggle:

batman_dark_tomorrow_pow.jpg

Yes I am big time cat lover! :)

It could be because dogs make companions for Presidents?

I googled up US Presidents and dogs and found out the JKF had more dogs than other Presidents.

source

My favourite dog would be Millie because she actually had a book called Millie's Book written by Barbara Bush. This book is really good and shares really funny chapters inside.

source

Yes I found the interesting pictures of all presidents with pets in the White House.

Pictures from #1 to #19

All the presidents’ pets

Peru offers bald dog of Incas to Obama family
The hypoallergenic national pooch was offered to the next First Family

This 4-month old hypoallergenic puppy that goes by the name "Ears" was offered as a gift from Peru to the Obama family.

updated 6:31 p.m. ET Nov. 10, 2008

Peruvians crazy about their national dog, a bald and often toothless breed popular among Incan kings, offered on Monday to send a hypoallergenic puppy to the Obama family.

U.S. President-elect Barack Obama has promised daughters Malia, 10, and Sasha, 7, a new pet for the White House. But Malia is allergic to most breeds, he said on Friday as speculation swirled about the dog the family would choose.

Owners of the Peruvian Hairless Dog, a breed dating back 3,000 years and depicted in pre-Hispanic ceramics, say it is perfect for kids who are sensitive to dogs.

"They do not cause any type of allergy and are very friendly and sweet," said Claudia Galvez, 38, director of the Friends of the Peruvian Hairless Dog Association.

"We want to give a male puppy to Obama's daughters, so they get to experience all the joys of having a dog but without any allergies."

According to Peruvian folklore, the dogs have above-average body temperature, which compensates for their lack of hair and helps alleviate symptoms of asthma or arthritis suffered by their owners.

Galvez delivered a letter detailing her offer to the U.S. embassy in Lima on Monday and hopes Obama will accept it.

Galvez has a 4-month-old pedigree puppy to send to the Obama family. For now, she is calling it Ears because it has two large, perky ones.

"But if we send it to the United States, its official name will be Machu Picchu," she said, referring to the ancient Incan citadel, Peru's top tourist attraction.

Peru offers bald dog of Incas to Obamas - TODAY: Pets - Today.msnbc.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back