Obama family adopt, not buy, dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just viewed the video clip. It seems that Barney didn't know what the reporter was going to do to him. It was the reporter's fault anyway, he shoudln't have his hand toward his face.

exactly right. Your hand is viewed as a mouth to dog. When the reporter suddenly put his hand toward the dog, Barney thought reporter was going to attack him. This is classic mistake when approaching someone's dog. Always stick your hand out first and let him sniff you. Once it's ok, it's fine to pet him. If you notice in the beginning, Barney did not get to sniff him and that made him very nervous.

oh well! sux for him!

I heard on CNN today that the Obama's now have a black Scottish Terrier and named it "Barney" (who incidentally bit the hand of a reporter today):

Barney Bites Reporter » Right Pundits

Um, I'm not sure the Obamas adopted that dog...I think it is the Bush family's dog. I am confused.

Hear Again ... Sorry, I think you misunderstood. Barney is President George W and Laura Bash's dog, not Obama's.

I agree Brian's previous post. It does look like Barney didn't expect the reporter was going to pet him so it seems that the reporter scared him. It's just an ancidental.

I'm an animal lover. I'm happy to hear that Obama is planning to adopt a dog/puppy from the shelter rather then buy from a seller. Alot of animals are at shelter, waiting to have a "real" home.

I heard on CNN today that the Obama's now have a black Scottish Terrier and named it "Barney" (who incidentally bit the hand of a reporter today):

Barney Bites Reporter » Right Pundits

Good for the Obama family. They are setting a good example for all of us by adopting a pet from a shelter instead of buying it from a pet store (which dog may have come from a dog/pupply mill) or from a puppy mill. Plus, those pets at the shelter need homes, so many are euthanized because there are simply not enough room at the shelters. If we all followed the Obama family's example, many pets from shelters could be saved from being euthanized and they could have homes. It would be wonderful if that happened.

:gpost: that's why I like about Obama after learn a lot about him thru his websites.

I'm happy to know that Obama decide to adopt a puppy or dog from the shelter over buy from the breeders because the pets are waiting for loving home...

So curious.. why a dog? Why not a cat? Cats are just better! Yes I admit, I love cats more than dogs.

So curious.. why a dog? Why not a cat? Cats are just better! Yes I admit, I love cats more than dogs.

Yes I am cat lover, too... :D I do not against dogs but I am more cat lover...

I guess Obama would like to see his daughters go out for a walk with dog to fresh air..? :hmm:

Yes I am cat lover, too... :D I do not against dogs but I am more cat lover...

I guess Obama would like to see his daughters go out for a walk with dog to fresh air..? :hmm:

Yes I am big time cat lover! :)

It could be because dogs make companions for Presidents?

I googled up US Presidents and dogs and found out the JKF had more dogs than other Presidents.

There are many tales about the relationship United States Presidents had with their dogs, such as President Kennedy taking his dog into the Oval office with him when making a decision about the Cuba Missile Crisis.
source

My favourite dog would be Millie because she actually had a book called Millie's Book written by Barbara Bush. This book is really good and shares really funny chapters inside.

Millie's Book, by Millie the White House dog, as dictated to Mrs. Bush provides a "heart-warming look at one dog's life as Presidential best friend" and "presents an authorized account not only of the Bushes' White House but also of their home." Proceeds from the sale of Millie's Book are donated to the Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy.
source

Lucia and Sunshine1,

Thank you both for correcting me. :) I obviously wasn't paying complete attention when I heard that news story on CNN.

From what I heard, Barney is up to date on his shots and the reporter had his finger bandaged by the White House staff doctor.

Jiro, I agree with you about the mistake of reaching out to pet Barney. One should *always* allow a dog to sniff their hand first before petting.

Barney probably bite the reporter because he is upset that he is leaving the White House. :giggle:

Barney probably bite the reporter because he is upset that he is leaving the White House. :giggle:

perhaps his Domestic Dissent radar went crazy? :hmm:

My question is, why would the Bush's name their Scottish Terrier after a purple dinosaur? :hmm: It makes me think of that ridiculous Barney "I Love You" song. :giggle:

Wodner if dreama and her animal rights activist buddies have recognized that Obama is actually going to provide a home for an abused and neglected animal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back