Obama Did Not Thanks God in His Thanksgiving Speech

:dunno: I went to public high school in the 1960's, and yes, we were taught about the smallpox infected blankets then.

I got in trouble for including the ugly blankets in my Thanksgiving murals. :giggle:

I got in trouble for including the ugly blankets in my Thanksgiving murals. :giggle:

And small pox infected Native Americans? People hate the ugly truth! How dare you inject fact and honesty into our lovely Thanksgiving myth!:P

Maybe it is time to remove all "God" words off from the laws and amendments, or something?? It probably look like we finally get a chance to reduce religious influences. So is that suppose a good thing, eh? :dunno:

I was thinking of that in "Pledge of Allegiance". It was written in 1892 and adopted by the Congress in 1942. It had been modified 4 times since then and the last one was where the words "under God" was added in 1954. I remember doing the Pledge when I was in 1st grade but I don't remember doing that after that, aside from the times before the basketball games started in High school. I thought it would be nice if those two words were removed so more people of different faiths would say the pledge.

After all, we all need to cooperate even more since we are all kind of races, beliefs, and religions.

I was thinking of that in "Pledge of Allegiance". It was written in 1892 and adopted by the Congress in 1942. It had been modified 4 times since then and the last one was where the words "under God" was added in 1954. I remember doing the Pledge when I was in 1st grade but I don't remember doing that after that, aside from the times before the basketball games started in High school. I thought it would be nice if those two words were removed so more people of different faiths would say the pledge.

After all, we all need to cooperate even more since we are all kind of races, beliefs, and religions.

I have not done the Pledge since I left mainstream. When I first entered mainstream in fourth grade, my mother was very surprised I didn't know the Pledge.

BTW, the original Pledge did not have the words Under God added until 1954 when representative Rabut sponsored a resolution to add the words Under God in 1953.

Here's the Pledge as it was written in 1892:
I pledge allegiance to my Flag,
and to the Republic for which it stands:
one Nation indivisible,
With Liberty and Justice for all.

Maybe Obama likes to keep the state and religion separate.

As the Constitution requires. President Obama was a Constitutional law professor.

It's very easy to find that in other sources. In fact, if you're lucky, you'll find nuns handing it out for free outside Baskin Robbins. :)

The true history of the Native American genocide? --a bit harder to locate, I'm afraid.

I had a boyfriend that meet a Native American woman and told she my boyfriend some of the horrible things that where done to the women. She said after the women where raped and killed their vaginas where cut out and wore as hats by the soldiers! This will never be a history book!

I had a boyfriend that meet a Native American woman and told she my boyfriend some of the horrible things that where done to the women. She said after the women where raped and killed their vaginas where cut out and wore as hats by the soldiers! This will never be a history book!

I'm horriffed.

:dunno: I went to public high school in the 1960's, and yes, we were taught about the smallpox infected blankets then.

I guess your state was more advances than mine! I was never told about this in school . I know some states do not celebrate Columbus Day , Calif. didn't when I lived there but Massachusetts does. Massachusetts made big deal about Columbus maybe this why it took so long get the smallpox printed in the history books . You have keep Columbus and the government 'good' name clean ! It was only a two sentences in my daughter history book about the smallpox blankets. I tried to tell a woman about this and she refused to believe it as we did not talk about in our schools.

I have not done the Pledge since I left mainstream. When I first entered mainstream in fourth grade, my mother was very surprised I didn't know the Pledge.

BTW, the original Pledge did not have the words Under God added until 1954 when representative Rabut sponsored a resolution to add the words Under God in 1953.

I do not know it , I could understand what people where saying and I just mumble some words!

I'm certified to teach secondary history in my state. I can tell you that the textbooks don't mention anything negative about the first settlers.

I'm certified to teach secondary history in my state. I can tell you that the textbooks don't mention anything negative about the first settlers.

I didn't learn about those blankets till I was in my 20s.

Now that I think about it, it wasn't mentioned in American History 101 either.

Back