NZ makes plans for ebola outbreak

well, two patients are being flown to Atlanta and they arrive tmw.

Should I start hunkering down in abandoned bomb shelters now, or should I wait a couple days?

What if it mutates and goes airborne, what should we do? What if a mosquito gets it and passes it on?

well, two patients are being flown to Atlanta and they arrive tmw.

Should I start hunkering down in abandoned bomb shelters now, or should I wait a couple days?

What if it mutates and goes airborne, what should we do? What if a mosquito gets it and passes it on?

If any of the above happens put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye.

Dr Gary Kobinger from the National Microbiology Laboratory at the Public Health Agency of Canada took part in the study. He told BBC News that they suspect that large droplets of moisture containing the virus were being exhaled with the piglets' breath.

'They can stay in the air, but not long, they don't go far,' he told the broadcaster. 'But they can be absorbed in the airway and this is how the infection starts, and this is what we think, because we saw a lot of evidence in the lungs of the non-human primates that the virus got in that way.'

Further work is needed but the findings are worrying as macaques are close genetic relatives to humans, said the researchers.

Read more: Could Ebola now be airborne? New research shows lethal virus can be spread from pigs to monkeys without contact | Mail Online

Okay ... you can call me crazy all you want to. I don't care. I speak the truth, and the truth is crazier than fiction.

I have had prophetic dreams for as long as I can remember. I used to have them frequently, but not as much anymore. By "prophetic", I mean, I have had dreams that have actually become true. I don't want to get into all the details. I don't know how it works, and I have no explanation for them at all. I have never figured it out, and I used to think something was just wrong with me.

Over the course of years, I have talked to a select few people about this .. and I have met people who have had similar experiences as mine. The difference between just some random crazy dream, and a prophetic dream, for me anyways .. is the prophetic dreams I have had, I actually felt like I was there.

Why am I saying this? Well ... I had a prophetic dream years and years ago that has not ever come true. What I mean by this, is that in the dream, I remember I could feel the wind blowing, the humidity, and I could feel the asphalt underneath my feet as I was walking. I could also see storm clouds gathering on an otherwise sunny yet cloudy day. I was walking in a parking lot at a local hospital. I was there to claim a body/bodies (I knew this in my dream). As I entered the hospital, I immediately noticed that all of the hallways were lined with bodies covered in clear plastic sheeting. Some of the bodies were double stacked to make more room.

I also remember just knowing that a virus had gone airborne and killed off a large percentage of the population.

But ... this dream I had was many years ago ... maybe it was just a crazy dream?? who knows.

hopefully it was just a crazy dream

About a three-hour drive from here.

One of the missionaries to the deaf that we support was recently in Liberia, meeting with many groups of people. I'm glad that he didn't catch Ebola. It was a concern while he was there.

If I read the article right one was from Charlotte, NC and the other from Texas?

Not trying to sound bad or anything ... but ... when they pass on how would they deal with sending the bodies back home?? Or would they? I'm close to Charlotte maybe they'll keep them in Atlanta I don't want them up here :shock:

This Doctor knew the risks before going to Africa. If virus went inside him, he is supposed to stay in where virus is exposed at. It is selfish of him to go America and spread the virus to others in America.

This Doctor knew the risks before going to Africa. If virus went inside him, he is supposed to stay in where virus is exposed at. It is selfish of him to go America and spread the virus to others in America.

I agree !, selfish and stupid yup

Has he spread the virus to anyone in America? No.

Besides, he didn't go to America; he came back to America, his home nation.

Has he spread the virus to anyone in America? No.

Besides, he didn't go to America; he came back to America, his home nation.

No? How did you know? Ebola goes Airborne. Maybe the Ebola virus is still flying inside the hospital ventilation system. :hmm:

The average time between contracting the infection and the start of symptoms is 8 to 10 days, but can occur between 2 and 21 days.

He exposed with Ebola which is very dangerous, he should stay in Africa until full recovery then he can always return to his home.

No? How did you know? Ebola goes Airborne. Maybe the Ebola virus is still flying inside the hospital ventilation system. :hmm:
Ebola Virus is not an airborne virus. It's a blood/fluid borne virus.

from your source
First and foremost, Ebola is not suddenly an airborne disease. As expert commentators at ProMED stated, the experiments “demonstrate the susceptibility of pigs to Zaire Ebolavirus and that the virus from infected pigs can be transmitted to macaques under experimental conditions… they fall short of establishing that this is a normal route of transmission in the natural environment.” Furthermore, because human Ebola outbreaks have historically been locally contained, it is unlikely that Ebola can spread between humans via airborne transmission.

the hospital's ventilation system for critical patient is specialized and designed to kill/filter airborne particles. it is not usually connected to general HVAC.

He exposed with Ebola which is very dangerous, he should stay in Africa until full recovery then he can always return to his home.
full recovery? in Africa? it's 90% fatality rate.

i agree with Authetic, i DONT FLIPPIN CARE IF USA is his home, it is DANGEROUS ... emotions associated makes it WRONG DECISION
they should have said no you can't you must stay there till you recover and of course, but no....im not even sure WHY they brought him back to the States WHAT FOR??!!!

What bloody for??

besides;
i have another question
i was lead to believe Ebola 'was extinct' er contained and held only in the superlabs where they study viruses.. in it utmost controlled environment and now it back , how come?
it just doesn't spring back from thin air or because the weak people over in West Africa somehow developed it....it just doesn't happen this way, what then?
im a little suspicious of it..to be honest..

guess Jiro answered some of my question above. but again, how did it 'came back'?, but never mind, im not gonna get hung up on it, I'd let it go , like i don't really care....99% of bad things you're afraid of happening , never happens...

guess Jiro answered some of my question above. but again, how did it 'came back'?, but never mind, im not gonna get hung up on it, I'd let it go , like i don't really care....99% of bad things you're afraid of happening , never happens...
it never went away.... :lol:

I agree with everything about Jiro said above.

Back